If CLE trades for Mariota, does Jerry trade for Manziel?

cds99

Reaction score
I most of the time don't say much negative stuff about players, but manziel is a joke. He will never be a leader of a 53 man team. He has to much baggage and will always be surrounding and involved in bad off the field stuff imo.

jnday

Reaction score
I was not a big Manziel fan. I only watched s couple games of him playing in college. He has talent. Anybody that denies it is not able to see things with an open mind. I have never seem such hate directed at a player. Do you haters take joy in a talented young man that is ruining his life? If he is clean and wants to straighten his life up, he could still have a good career in the pros. He brings a unique talent set to the QB position that can make him a good player. From reading some of these comments, there are child abusers that are not hated as much. Manziel is just an immature typical college age kid that likes to party. Those types are not rare. Is that any reason to hate the kid. I hope he turns his life around and has a good career. I can't understand why anybody would feel differently. Some of these posters praise players that beat women as long as they signed with Dsllas, but Manziel gets much more hate. Some of it comes from college fans that didn't like the school he played for , so I guess they wish him the worst for that reasons. Irvin had more problems than Manziel ever had, but he was a Cowboy and all is forgiven. It troubles me that so many can hate an immature kid that hasn't hurt anyone but himself. At least he didn't kill a teammate while he was drunk. The hate goes too far.No have reasons to hate a couple people in my life, but those reasons are much more important than football which is nothing more than a game. Too many people don't understand the true meaning of hate.

Last edited:

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
LVtHg.gif

Now, that's an entertaining cat -- not to be confused with Johnny Wuss.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Now this is the type stuff I expected in the Draft Zone with my Jerry's back in Charge thread..............LOL

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I was not a big Manziel fan. I only watched s couple games of him playing in college. He has talent. Anybody that denies it is not able to see things with an open mind. I have never seem such hate directed at a player. Do you haters take joy in a talented young man that is ruining his life? If he is clean and wants to straighten his life up, he could still have a good career in the pros. He brings a unique talent set to the QB position that can make him a good player. From reading some of these comments, there are child abusers that are not hated as much. Manziel is just an immature typical college age kid that likes to party. Those types are not rare. Is that any reason to hate the kid. I hope he turns his life around and has a good career. I can't understand why anybody would feel differently. Some of these posters praise players that beat women as long as they signed with Dsllas, but Manziel gets much more hate. Some of it comes from college fans that didn't like the school he played for , so I guess they wish him the worst for that reasons. Irvin had more problems than Manziel ever had, but he was a Cowboy and all is forgiven. It troubles me that so many can hate an immature kid that hasn't hurt anyone but himself. At least he didn't kill a teammate while he was drunk. The hate goes too far.No have reasons to hate a couple people in my life, but those reasons are much more important than football which is nothing more than a game. Too many people don't understand the true meaning of hate.

I don't think even the "haters" truly hate him. Most are probably like me and just think the drama that comes with having him is not worth the risk of picking him up. I certainly don't hate him, I just don't want him in Dallas. If you think he had problems in Cleveland, well just imagine the media circus that would occur with him in Dallas. I don't think it would be good for him or the team. I wish the young man well and hope he gets his personal life in order and goes on to have a successful NFL career. That said, I personally don't see him ever being a good NFL QB...JMO.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Maybe if they offer their 3rd and keep his contract ,I would consider it....If I could have him traded the next day for a 7th I would do it. Otherwise NO

jnday

Reaction score
I don't think even the "haters" truly hate him. Most are probably like me and just think the drama that comes with having him is not worth the risk of picking him up. I certainly don't hate him, I just don't want him in Dallas. If you think he had problems in Cleveland, well just imagine the media circus that would occur with him in Dallas. I don't think it would be good for him or the team. I wish the young man well and hope he gets his personal life in order and goes on to have a successful NFL career. That said, I personally don't see him ever being a good NFL QB...JMO.

You may be right. I am not saying otherwise. I clean and sober Manziel that is ready to work on his craft could become a great player. The odds are not in his favor, but ga has talent and was a great college QB. I think he is worth the gamble if the price is cheap. The Cowboys had him as their highest rated player when Stephen stopped Jerry from drafting him. I would like to think that the scouts saw a reason for that and I have to give them credit, they have done a good job with their scouting in the last couple of years. I think the media circus would calm down after he holds a flip board for a few genes. I guess this is the reasons that I look at Manziel in a different way than most fans.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd give them a 7th if they asked.

Perhaps but I think I'd be tempted to ask them to cough up a 7th just to unload him. Sorry, but I can't help but believe there's an overwhelming likelihood his agreeing to rehab was little more than a desperate attempt at damage control more than anything else. Even without the alcohol issue there's much to resolve with him.

LandryFan

Reaction score
You may be right. I am not saying otherwise. I clean and sober Manziel that is ready to work on his craft could become a great player. The odds are not in his favor, but ga has talent and was a great college QB. I think he is worth the gamble if the price is cheap. The Cowboys had him as their highest rated player when Stephen stopped Jerry from drafting him. I would like to think that the scouts saw a reason for that and I have to give them credit, they have done a good job with their scouting in the last couple of years. I think the media circus would calm down after he holds a flip board for a few genes. I guess this is the reasons that I look at Manziel in a different way than most fans.

I didn't follow him at all in college (don't watch college FB) so my opinion on him is a lot less informed than yours. That said, I just think that the players that are most likely to be successful in the NFL are the players who have their act together before being drafted. He clearly didn't. I'm not saying he can't change, but I do think the odds are against it. Talent-wise, he was able to sit most of last year before getting the start in Cleveland and looked lost when he got that start. I don't know...I just think when you put all of that together he's not worth the trouble. The one thing you did say that I totally agree with is that scouts/pro personnel, in general, have forgotten more about player evaluation than most of us will ever know...especially me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
off topic, but has anyone else seen this?

dallascowboysschedule.gif
The league released the regular season opponents awhile back. The preseason schedule was released recently. Everything on this PrintableTeamSchedule.com card is correct EXCEPT the information that the league hasn't released, which is the order of regular season games. :)

jnday

Reaction score
I didn't follow him at all in college (don't watch college FB) so my opinion on him is a lot less informed than yours. That said, I just think that the players that are most likely to be successful in the NFL are the players who have their act together before being drafted. He clearly didn't. I'm not saying he can't change, but I do think the odds are against it. Talent-wise, he was able to sit most of last year before getting the start in Cleveland and looked lost when he got that start. I don't know...I just think when you put all of that together he's not worth the trouble. The one thing you did say that I totally agree with is that scouts/pro personnel, in general, have forgotten more about player evaluation than most of us will ever know...especially me.

Drugs and drinking in combination seems to make a man appear lost. Add the immature attitude, and the results should be expected. If he is clean with his head on straight, I would be willing to bet that he is a much better player. He may not be great, but he has the talent to be much better than he played last year. That is my point.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
The league released the regular season opponents awhile back. The preseason schedule was released recently. Everything on this PrintableTeamSchedule.com card is correct EXCEPT the information that the league hasn't released, which is the order of regular season games. :)
k thanks.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Drugs and drinking in combination seems to make a man appear lost. Add the immature attitude, and the results should be expected. If he is clean with his head on straight, I would be willing to bet that he is a much better player. He may not be great, but he has the talent to be much better than he played last year. That is my point.

You may very well be right and for his sake I hope you are.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I don't get the hate for JF either...I still think the dude can play although I don't really want him here due to the distractions. IF he can get his head on straight, he can do some damage in the NFL. That is a big "IF" though. I watched most of his games in college and he was a beast.......