If Dak can't play well Thursday I'm maybe off the bandwagon

kramskoi

Reaction score
I would run the ball 30+ times, shorten the game mix in some passes. But no telling what kellen and mike will do.
Dak...29-0 when Dallas runs more than passes. Dak...0-3 this year with less than 100 yds rushing. The narrative that's forming is that Prescott is specifically a play-action quarterback who does his best work with 150 yds rushing or more. No running game and he's in dangerous territory.

kramskoi

Reaction score
No matter what his contract says, Dak is NOT an ELITE QB, never has been. The question is can we win a SUPER BOWL with him? The answer is YES. History has shown that GAME MANAGERS can win a super bowl. This team is the best we've had in years, and as we all know, the window for success closes very fast. Dak needs to embrace the GAME MANAGER mentality, but perhaps his ego won't allow him to??
The fly in the ointment is the o-line. Their current level pales in comparison to what Prescott had in 2016, along with a RB who put up over 1600 yds rushing (2,000 all-purpose yards). I said it at the time that Prescott entered a perfect dream scenario. Line full of pro-bowlers that more or less stayed together the entire year and a highly durable cowbell RB. He didn't have to do a whole lot because play action was pretty potent. When the line regressed in 2017 and 2018 he really went south. That was the era of too many 200 yds or less passing games...with others padded by garbage time TD drives. That changed with the arrival of Amari Cooper in October of 2018.

I hope that I'm wrong but what we've seen over the last three weeks is the "bad" Dak of 2018. Dak's got to bury that guy once and for all...and soon. If he loses on Thursday it's going to be an insufferable seven days going into New Orleans, a team that will probably put up MUCH more fight than the Raiders, who are in free-fall right now. I would expect to see more running from him because he HAS to know that this is a test that he absolutely must pass. I doubt that Lamb will play.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Hit the nail on the frigging head!! I've watched many of the greats play horribly due to constant pressure. Mahommes, Brady, Peyton, Farve.... The list goes on.
I'm more willing to give him a pass on KC than Denver. The thing is...if the line is going to be this disheveled for the rest of the year (assuming no more serious injuries) then what? And what if another WR or two miss time? Eventually...Prescott is going to have to learn how to do more with less or the narrative on him just isn't going to change. Having games where he only has 100yds passing in the fourth quarter (before garbage time) is simply not acceptable anymore. This isn't 2018. It's 2021 and he's making the big money.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Dak...29-0 when Dallas runs more than passes. Dak...0-3 this year with less than 100 yds rushing. The narrative that's forming is that Prescott is specifically a play-action quarterback who does his best work with 150 yds rushing or more. No running game and he's in dangerous territory.

that kind of says when the opponent chooses to stop the run and force Dak to beat you, he doesn’t.

morat1959

Reaction score
daks new warm-up before the games.

daksnewwarmup.jpg
Nailed it!

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
No matter what his contract says, Dak is NOT an ELITE QB, never has been. The question is can we win a SUPER BOWL with him? The answer is YES. History has shown that GAME MANAGERS can win a super bowl. This team is the best we've had in years, and as we all know, the window for success closes very fast. Dak needs to embrace the GAME MANAGER mentality, but perhaps his ego won't allow him to??

Dak is a little better then Tony Romo was. Both look unstoppable at times. Both struggle at times. Both are known to turn the ball over. If Cowboy fans are expecting Brady, Marino, Elway or even Moon forget it. I don't expect Dak to be good every week. Just good when it matters. I expected the same from Romo. He couldn't deliver. Just hope Dak can. Truth. People can't except it? OH WELL! What's your plan "B"?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
yeah too bad only us fans can see that !! :huh:
The coaches making millions just dont see or get it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You guys know whose followed my post that I'm one of the biggest Dak Prescott fans on this forum. That being said though. I was always fair in giving Dak his due when he plays well and saying when he doesn't play well. I've posted on anti-Dak forums in favor of Dak. But he's had two horrible games this year-horrible. And don't give me or use the injury card. Colt McCoy is winning as a backup with injured WR's out. Friggin Colt McCoy:facepalm: Dak is a great guy on and off the field. But I want Dak to be great in games when needed. Do you guys know that Dak only has like 6 wins if the running game doesn't go over a 100 yards per game. Dak you making 75 million dollars now. 75 with with 000000 zero's in back of it. Time for you to start playing like a top paid quarterback in big games. I 'm not talking beating up on sorry azzzz teams. I need you to beat up on the Packers, Chiefs, Rams, Arizona, 49ers etc. You talk a great game after a loss but all it is is TALK! I need to see greatness out there. Not Tony Romo 2.0 or lower.

And why I'm at it can I say I hope over rated Kellen Moore gets a higher coaching job outside of the Cowboys. Fans be talking how bad Dak play. Well how bad is Moore's play calling in BIG games? Nearly every coach that's considered a good coach with a good team. Good not great-hands this guy a butt kicking also. I for one hope he gets another gig. Let McCarthy finally do something besides crashing watermelons and giving out cases of Monkey Butt. And it's not just the loss especially on offense to the Chiefs. It's the mode of operation. Not showing up for big games. Key guys get hurt and we can't operate. I'm still as much with the team as ever. But at some point we have to cross the yellow brick road of mediocrity and go on the road of domination. Injuries are not an excuse. Every team has just as many or more. In closing I say to Dak. Show me who you are as a NFL quarterback starting Thursday. No more " as long as I'm here this team won't quit" Well if you winning quitting isn't even in the equation. And I know we only have 3 loses as of today. But if we can't beat the better teams come January. Will it matter?
PEACE.....
so are you off now ??:cool:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
so are you off now ??:cool:

No because Dak had great numbers. He missed one throw late but made many to bring us back. You wanna a perfect quarterback good luck because I've seen Brady , Rodgers,Troy etc, miss worse so blaming Dak for one bad throw is just dumb. 33 points is enough IMO to win 95 percent of the time with even a decent defense. Of which we don't have.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Dak is a little better then Tony Romo was. Both look unstoppable at times. Both struggle at times. Both are known to turn the ball over. If Cowboy fans are expecting Brady, Marino, Elway or even Moon forget it. I don't expect Dak to be good every week. Just good when it matters. I expected the same from Romo. He couldn't deliver. Just hope Dak can. Truth. People can't except it? OH WELL! What's your plan "B"?
I'm not sure I would give him that at this point. His wild performance variance was on display yesterday. Final QBR was 47, which is below average. But what is worse is his statements at the lectern after the game. It is very hard to listen to him go on about "the bandwagon" and not hear a guy who is in DENIAL At the end of the day Tony Pollard's 100 yd return for a TD is the only reason why the game didn't end in regulation (with them losing by perhaps 10 points or more).

Now we can't put all of the blame on him but this team is still too high on itself. Belief in each other is one thing but having an inflated opinion on the strength of your team is quite another. What it says is that they've eaten all the cupcakes the media has been feeding them for two months. They are sloppy and mismanaged right now. Moore is too cute. McCarthy too questionable. Prescott too erratic. Moreover, now the defense has a fire to put out. His name is Anthony Brown, who will obviously be targeted more by opposing DCs and referees going forward.

The Denver game should've been a wake up call. Doesn't seem like it was and the media played right along with it...with statements like "I don't count the Broncos game because Prescott was not 100%". That type of NOT objective, fanboy nonsense is just the type of stuff the team (and its fans) didn't and doesn't need to hear.

I said early in the year that the AFC West would be the real test of what this team was capable of. They failed miserably.

Going forward...their progression to the playoffs and beyond demands that they be propitious with injuries for the remainder of the season. Stop the funky carousel with the o-line. Forget about the BEST five and simply go with the most CONSISTENT five. Then leave it the hell alone. Most of this started when they tried to work Collins back in and the fact that Steele was back at RT is an indication that it was ill-conceived. It was probably too soon to switch to McGovern (maybe the mini-bye was a better time) as well.

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'm not sure I would give him that at this point. His wild performance variance was on display yesterday. Final QBR was 47, which is below average. But what is worse is his statements at the lectern after the game. It is very hard to listen to him go on about "the bandwagon" and not hear a guy who is in DENIAL At the end of the day Tony Pollard's 100 yd return for a TD is the only reason why the game didn't end in regulation (with them losing by perhaps 10 points or more).

Now we can't put all of the blame on him but this team is still too high on itself. Belief in each other is one thing but having an inflated opinion on the strength of your team is quite another. What it says is that they've eaten all the cupcakes the media has been feeding them for two months. They are sloppy and mismanaged right now. Moore is too cute. McCarthy too questionable. Prescott too erratic. Moreover, now the defense has a fire to put out. His name is Anthony Brown, who will obviously be targeted more by opposing DCs and referees going forward.

The Denver game should've been a wake up call. Doesn't seem like it was and the media played right along with it...with statements like "I don't count the Broncos game because Prescott was not 100%". That type of NOT objective, fanboy nonsense is just the type of stuff the team (and its fans) didn't and doesn't need to hear.

I said early in the year that the AFC West would be the real test of what this team was capable of. They failed miserably.

Going forward...their progression to the playoffs and beyond demands that they be propitious with injuries for the remainder of the season. Stop the funky carousel with the o-line. Forget about the BEST five and simply go with the most CONSISTENT five. Then leave it the hell alone. Most of this started when they tried to work Collins back in and the fact that Steele was back at RT is an indication that it was ill-conceived. It was probably to soon to switch to McGovern (maybe the mini-bye was a better time) as well.

I'm not a Dak apologist but what's your plan "B".????? McCarthy sucks even worse so what other quarterback you gonna stick in and win. And don't even dare say Rush because then I know you're being a tool. I challenge all Dak haters to give me a plan "B" for this season.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak apologist but what's your plan "B".????? McCarthy sucks even worse so what other quarterback you gonna stick in and win. And don't even dare say Rush because then I know you're being a tool. I challenge all Dak haters to give me a plan "B" for this season.
Slow your roll sir. I never said Prescott needs to be replaced. What I will say is that he will always need a high level of talent around him and needs a good running game as a complement. They might be able to get where they want to go with him but the team will have to stay reasonably healthy to do so...especially on the offensive side.

I'm not a "Dak hater". Don't even come at me like that. I just don't believe in crap like chalking up a game (like Denver) to just a bad day. That game was an indication that not all was well. And THAT was with both Cooper and Lamb in the line up. Many fans chose to simply ignore it.

I AM NOT THAT KIND OF FAN ANYMORE.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I challenge all Dak haters to give me a plan "B" for this season.
there is no plan B lol Jerry made sure of that. It is Dak or nothing.
Even if we all wanted rush, no way Jerry lets that happen. He is all in on Dak for this season and next 2 seasons.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that kind of says when the opponent chooses to stop the run and force Dak to beat you, he doesn’t.
No it doesn't.

If we cant run the ball they are beating our o-line, if they are beating our o-line they will have success with the pass rush making it hard for any QB (or more appropriately TEAM) to beat you.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
You guys know whose followed my post that I'm one of the biggest Dak Prescott fans on this forum. That being said though. I was always fair in giving Dak his due when he plays well and saying when he doesn't play well. I've posted on anti-Dak forums in favor of Dak. But he's had two horrible games this year-horrible. And don't give me or use the injury card. Colt McCoy is winning as a backup with injured WR's out. Friggin Colt McCoy:facepalm: Dak is a great guy on and off the field. But I want Dak to be great in games when needed. Do you guys know that Dak only has like 6 wins if the running game doesn't go over a 100 yards per game. Dak you making 75 million dollars now. 75 with with 000000 zero's in back of it. Time for you to start playing like a top paid quarterback in big games. I 'm not talking beating up on sorry azzzz teams. I need you to beat up on the Packers, Chiefs, Rams, Arizona, 49ers etc. You talk a great game after a loss but all it is is TALK! I need to see greatness out there. Not Tony Romo 2.0 or lower.

And why I'm at it can I say I hope over rated Kellen Moore gets a higher coaching job outside of the Cowboys. Fans be talking how bad Dak play. Well how bad is Moore's play calling in BIG games? Nearly every coach that's considered a good coach with a good team. Good not great-hands this guy a butt kicking also. I for one hope he gets another gig. Let McCarthy finally do something besides crashing watermelons and giving out cases of Monkey Butt. And it's not just the loss especially on offense to the Chiefs. It's the mode of operation. Not showing up for big games. Key guys get hurt and we can't operate. I'm still as much with the team as ever. But at some point we have to cross the yellow brick road of mediocrity and go on the road of domination. Injuries are not an excuse. Every team has just as many or more. In closing I say to Dak. Show me who you are as a NFL quarterback starting Thursday. No more " as long as I'm here this team won't quit" Well if you winning quitting isn't even in the equation. And I know we only have 3 loses as of today. But if we can't beat the better teams come January. Will it matter?
PEACE.....
When he’s at his best, he’s started games fast and finished them through. And his accuracy was spot on. That was the first six games this year.

What we’ve seen since is him regress back to what he was before. Starts out slow and finally comes on at the end when the game is almost out of reach or already is. Look no further than his first playoff game against GB where we were down 28-0 before he got going.

I really hope he gets back to form as he was earlier this year, because we can for sure go very far with that guy.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm more willing to give him a pass on KC than Denver. The thing is...if the line is going to be this disheveled for the rest of the year (assuming no more serious injuries) then what? And what if another WR or two miss time? Eventually...Prescott is going to have to learn how to do more with less or the narrative on him just isn't going to change. Having games where he only has 100yds passing in the fourth quarter (before garbage time) is simply not acceptable anymore. This isn't 2018. It's 2021 and he's making the big money.
What QB truly does more with less?
Especially going all the way?

I can think of very few outliers, but...