If Dak can't play well Thursday I'm maybe off the bandwagon

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
You guys know whose followed my post that I'm one of the biggest Dak Prescott fans on this forum. That being said though. I was always fair in giving Dak his due when he plays well and saying when he doesn't play well. I've posted on anti-Dak forums in favor of Dak. But he's had two horrible games this year-horrible. And don't give me or use the injury card. Colt McCoy is winning as a backup with injured WR's out. Friggin Colt McCoy:facepalm: Dak is a great guy on and off the field. But I want Dak to be great in games when needed. Do you guys know that Dak only has like 6 wins if the running game doesn't go over a 100 yards per game. Dak you making 75 million dollars now. 75 with with 000000 zero's in back of it. Time for you to start playing like a top paid quarterback in big games. I 'm not talking beating up on sorry azzzz teams. I need you to beat up on the Packers, Chiefs, Rams, Arizona, 49ers etc. You talk a great game after a loss but all it is is TALK! I need to see greatness out there. Not Tony Romo 2.0 or lower.

And why I'm at it can I say I hope over rated Kellen Moore gets a higher coaching job outside of the Cowboys. Fans be talking how bad Dak play. Well how bad is Moore's play calling in BIG games? Nearly every coach that's considered a good coach with a good team. Good not great-hands this guy a butt kicking also. I for one hope he gets another gig. Let McCarthy finally do something besides crashing watermelons and giving out cases of Monkey Butt. And it's not just the loss especially on offense to the Chiefs. It's the mode of operation. Not showing up for big games. Key guys get hurt and we can't operate. I'm still as much with the team as ever. But at some point we have to cross the yellow brick road of mediocrity and go on the road of domination. Injuries are not an excuse. Every team has just as many or more. In closing I say to Dak. Show me who you are as a NFL quarterback starting Thursday. No more " as long as I'm here this team won't quit" Well if you winning quitting isn't even in the equation. And I know we only have 3 loses as of today. But if we can't beat the better teams come January. Will it matter?
PEACE.....
I truly believe Dak is not 100% healthy. He doesn’t have his legs at full strength, just my opinion, but I have seen him play much better. Something is not right. I don’t want to get into the OL, WR, RB, HC, etc., Also, if you watch him in the sidelines, he sits motionless, no one is near him. Maybe he is having personal issues as well.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sooner-oklahoma.gif

MaineBoy

Reaction score
No it doesn't.

If we cant run the ball they are beating our o-line, if they are beating our o-line they will have success with the pass rush making it hard for any QB (or more appropriately TEAM) to beat you.

Nope. You assume that they penetrate the pocket every time. And they don’t. Against the Raiders we saw Dak get protection enough to get clean throws out and he missed some....some big ones too like throwing it at Browns feet and not getting a big first down. You need to think harder. Carry on.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
When Dalton was back there nobody blamed that same line...... Just saying. Can't have it both ways

The same line? In 2020 Tyron Smith was out the whole time Dalton played, Connor McGovern was a backup, Joe Looney was at center the majority of the time, Zack Martin was banged up, and Steele was an undrafted rookie.

This unit is much better than last year's, yet it's underperforming. Something happened since that Denver game to this group.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
The same line? In 2020 Tyron Smith was out the whole time Dalton played, Connor McGovern was a backup, Joe Looney was at center the majority of the time, Zack Martin was banged up, and Steele was an undrafted rookie.

This unit is much better than last year's, yet it's underperforming. Something happened since that Denver game to this group.

Idk i thought they played pretty good on Thursday, other than the one Tyron melt-down and the usual Steele f-ups.

Cebrin

Reaction score
You guys know whose followed my post that I'm one of the biggest Dak Prescott fans on this forum. That being said though. I was always fair in giving Dak his due when he plays well and saying when he doesn't play well. I've posted on anti-Dak forums in favor of Dak. But he's had two horrible games this year-horrible. And don't give me or use the injury card. Colt McCoy is winning as a backup with injured WR's out. Friggin Colt McCoy:facepalm: Dak is a great guy on and off the field. But I want Dak to be great in games when needed. Do you guys know that Dak only has like 6 wins if the running game doesn't go over a 100 yards per game. Dak you making 75 million dollars now. 75 with with 000000 zero's in back of it. Time for you to start playing like a top paid quarterback in big games. I 'm not talking beating up on sorry azzzz teams. I need you to beat up on the Packers, Chiefs, Rams, Arizona, 49ers etc. You talk a great game after a loss but all it is is TALK! I need to see greatness out there. Not Tony Romo 2.0 or lower.

And why I'm at it can I say I hope over rated Kellen Moore gets a higher coaching job outside of the Cowboys. Fans be talking how bad Dak play. Well how bad is Moore's play calling in BIG games? Nearly every coach that's considered a good coach with a good team. Good not great-hands this guy a butt kicking also. I for one hope he gets another gig. Let McCarthy finally do something besides crashing watermelons and giving out cases of Monkey Butt. And it's not just the loss especially on offense to the Chiefs. It's the mode of operation. Not showing up for big games. Key guys get hurt and we can't operate. I'm still as much with the team as ever. But at some point we have to cross the yellow brick road of mediocrity and go on the road of domination. Injuries are not an excuse. Every team has just as many or more. In closing I say to Dak. Show me who you are as a NFL quarterback starting Thursday. No more " as long as I'm here this team won't quit" Well if you winning quitting isn't even in the equation. And I know we only have 3 loses as of today. But if we can't beat the better teams come January. Will it matter?
PEACE.....
I was never one it. - Anyone above 40

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I truly believe Dak is not 100% healthy. He doesn’t have his legs at full strength, just my opinion, but I have seen him play much better. Something is not right. I don’t want to get into the OL, WR, RB, HC, etc., Also, if you watch him in the sidelines, he sits motionless, no one is near him. Maybe he is having personal issues as well.
Definitely noticed that on several occasions....most of them wide panned sideline shots. They rarely showed close up.

Excellent observation.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The book on Dak is force him to throw deep.
Until he does it the team will struggle, even against mediocre competition.

kevm3

Reaction score
Why is it 'if Dak can't play well' and not 'if the team can't play well'?

Maybe we need a special teams who doesn't get back to back penalties from the SAME PLAYER to close the game. We would have had a chance to get the ball back if Goodwin didn't get a SECOND penalty in a row and the kicker missed.

How about a CB that isn't generating 100 yards in penalties BY HIMSELF

How about a kicker that doesn't miss easy extra points?

How about an O line that actually blocks?

How about an LB other than Parsons actually show up on field?''

How about a defense that doesn't give up over 500 yards of offense?

How about a coaching staff that actually challenges plays and doesn't switch out a runningback that is tearing it up for one that is getting 2 yards a carry?

The fact that we are regularly losing games where we are scoring over 30 points attests to a huge problem that is much bigger than Dak, so to put everything on his shoulders is unrealistic.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is it 'if Dak can't play well' and not 'if the team can't play well'?

Maybe we need a special teams who doesn't get back to back penalties from the SAME PLAYER to close the game. We would have had a chance to get the ball back if Goodwin didn't get a SECOND penalty in a row and the kicker missed.

How about a CB that isn't generating 100 yards in penalties BY HIMSELF

How about a kicker that doesn't miss easy extra points?

How about an O line that actually blocks?

How about an LB other than Parsons actually show up on field?''

How about a defense that doesn't give up over 500 yards of offense?

How about a coaching staff that actually challenges plays and doesn't switch out a runningback that is tearing it up for one that is getting 2 yards a carry?

The fact that we are regularly losing games where we are scoring over 30 points attests to a huge problem that is much bigger than Dak, so to put everything on his shoulders is unrealistic.
No one ever said other players don't have bad plays or games. If you want to note or discuss them...then create the threads. This notion that you can't talk about dak without going through some gigantic big list of everyone else first...is ridiculous. Like you need to protect the special kid.

The qb always gets the most attention and responsibility. It's the way it works...our special dak is no exception.
If he is the leader some fans, the team,, and players say he....he takes that on as a matter of fact. Being a leader doesn't mean you only get credit for butt slaps.

Slick

Reaction score

Yes, my point was, nobody blamed the line, just Andy.