If Dak can't play well Thursday I'm maybe off the bandwagon

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Sooner or later they will be very few haters here just like the first five weeks of the season. LMAO you’ll be under the rock sooner than later

Been hearing this for 25 years now:facepalm: One day you will be right and on that day I will be truly thankful:dance:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
It doesn’t even make me wonder any longer. I know for a fact most fans don’t have a clue. This is the NFL. You’re going to go up and down all season long every single game. What do you only want to be a fan when we’re winning. LMAO go hide behind a bottle

Been a fan for many decades. Seen the good and the bad. These last 25 years are on a whole level to themselves:facepalm: Tell us all what winning is for you? :laugh:I wanna seriously hear this...Serious...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And that right there makes no sense. So every NFL QB is a Romo or a Brady? So either the greatest QB of all time with seven Super Bowl titles or Romo, a decent starter who could never win the big game. There is no such thing as falling in between? Is Drew Brees an utter failure because he only won 1 Super Bowl? To win a Super Bowl there has to be a team around you that can compete at all levels. Pretending otherwise is foolish.

Also, claiming that Brady didn't have good teams around him all those years is totally pointless. The Patriots teams were always among the least flawed in the entire league. They played elite defense nearly his entire career and he always had enough around him to operate the offense at a high level (until the last season in New England and surprise! They did absolutely nothing in the playoffs and Brady struggled). Brady is without a doubt the greatest player to ever play his position, but they didn't exactly trot out bottom feeder defenses and depleted wide receiver rooms all those years.

No that’s your interpretation of what I said and you got it wrong.

People used specific examples of specific games by Brady or Mahomes. Two championship QBs who win in spite of adversity.

Blaming the OLine is a bit silly. He knows he had to get the ball out or extend plays if the Oline is playing poorly. He can’t just hold the ball all game.

If you’re expecting a smooth sailing ride to win a championship it ain’t happening. Games like last Sunday will be apart of it.

This everything needs to be optimal or I’m going to create a mountain of excuses for a guy that wants to be considered elite and MVP is a joke.

Fast forward 2:30 into this video. Schrager hits the nail on the head about Mr. 40 Million.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Been hearing this for 25 years now:facepalm: One day you will be right and on that day I will be truly thankful:dance:
I have an aspirin if you have a headache. Keep living in the past that’s the way to do it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Been a fan for many decades. Seen the good and the bad. These last 25 years are on a whole level to themselves:facepalm: Tell us all what winning is for you? :laugh:I wanna seriously hear this...Seriously....
That’s what you get when you have a Tony Romo for half of those years. LMAO Prescott story hasn’t been written yet

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Been a fan for many decades. Seen the good and the bad. These last 25 years are on a whole level to themselves:facepalm: Tell us all what winning is for you? :laugh:I wanna seriously hear this...Seriously....
Again I have an aspirin for your headache

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You guys know whose followed my post that I'm one of the biggest Dak Prescott fans on this forum. That being said though. I was always fair in giving Dak his due when he plays well and saying when he doesn't play well. I've posted on anti-Dak forums in favor of Dak. But he's had two horrible games this year-horrible. And don't give me or use the injury card. Colt McCoy is winning as a backup with injured WR's out. Friggin Colt McCoy:facepalm: Dak is a great guy on and off the field. But I want Dak to be great in games when needed. Do you guys know that Dak only has like 6 wins if the running game doesn't go over a 100 yards per game. Dak you making 75 million dollars now. 75 with with 000000 zero's in back of it. Time for you to start playing like a top paid quarterback in big games. I 'm not talking beating up on sorry azzzz teams. I need you to beat up on the Packers, Chiefs, Rams, Arizona, 49ers etc. You talk a great game after a loss but all it is is TALK! I need to see greatness out there. Not Tony Romo 2.0 or lower.

And why I'm at it can I say I hope over rated Kellen Moore gets a higher coaching job outside of the Cowboys. Fans be talking how bad Dak play. Well how bad is Moore's play calling in BIG games? Nearly every coach that's considered a good coach with a good team. Good not great-hands this guy a butt kicking also. I for one hope he gets another gig. Let McCarthy finally do something besides crashing watermelons and giving out cases of Monkey Butt. And it's not just the loss especially on offense to the Chiefs. It's the mode of operation. Not showing up for big games. Key guys get hurt and we can't operate. I'm still as much with the team as ever. But at some point we have to cross the yellow brick road of mediocrity and go on the road of domination. Injuries are not an excuse. Every team has just as many or more. In closing I say to Dak. Show me who you are as a NFL quarterback starting Thursday. No more " as long as I'm here this team won't quit" Well if you winning quitting isn't even in the equation. And I know we only have 3 loses as of today. But if we can't beat the better teams come January. Will it matter?
PEACE.....
Bye!!!!!

That goes for anyone already jumping off the Dak bandwagon.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Been a fan for many decades. Seen the good and the bad. These last 25 years are on a whole level to themselves:facepalm: Tell us all what winning is for you? :laugh:I wanna seriously hear this...Serious...
Is a difference between blaming a franchise. Then blaming just one player. It’s pathetic

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Playing red light -green light here. Green light. We're all waiting on your definition of winning.
Prescott is a winner already. Obviously you don’t understand what it takes to be a winner

Pokefan1

Reaction score
You guys know whose followed my post that I'm one of the biggest Dak Prescott fans on this forum. That being said though. I was always fair in giving Dak his due when he plays well and saying when he doesn't play well. I've posted on anti-Dak forums in favor of Dak. But he's had two horrible games this year-horrible. And don't give me or use the injury card. Colt McCoy is winning as a backup with injured WR's out. Friggin Colt McCoy:facepalm: Dak is a great guy on and off the field. But I want Dak to be great in games when needed. Do you guys know that Dak only has like 6 wins if the running game doesn't go over a 100 yards per game. Dak you making 75 million dollars now. 75 with with 000000 zero's in back of it. Time for you to start playing like a top paid quarterback in big games. I 'm not talking beating up on sorry azzzz teams. I need you to beat up on the Packers, Chiefs, Rams, Arizona, 49ers etc. You talk a great game after a loss but all it is is TALK! I need to see greatness out there. Not Tony Romo 2.0 or lower.

And why I'm at it can I say I hope over rated Kellen Moore gets a higher coaching job outside of the Cowboys. Fans be talking how bad Dak play. Well how bad is Moore's play calling in BIG games? Nearly every coach that's considered a good coach with a good team. Good not great-hands this guy a butt kicking also. I for one hope he gets another gig. Let McCarthy finally do something besides crashing watermelons and giving out cases of Monkey Butt. And it's not just the loss especially on offense to the Chiefs. It's the mode of operation. Not showing up for big games. Key guys get hurt and we can't operate. I'm still as much with the team as ever. But at some point we have to cross the yellow brick road of mediocrity and go on the road of domination. Injuries are not an excuse. Every team has just as many or more. In closing I say to Dak. Show me who you are as a NFL quarterback starting Thursday. No more " as long as I'm here this team won't quit" Well if you winning quitting isn't even in the equation. And I know we only have 3 loses as of today. But if we can't beat the better teams come January. Will it matter?
PEACE.....
Dak did miss a few throws against the Chiefs, but there was pressure in his face all game long. Would have helped if several of those passes hadn’t been dropped!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

People used specific examples of specific games by Brady or Mahomes. Two championship QBs who win in spite of adversity.

Blaming the OLine is a bit silly. He knows he had to get the ball out or extend plays if the Oline is playing poorly. He can’t just hold the ball all game.

If you’re expecting a smooth sailing ride to win a championship it ain’t happening. Games like last Sunday will be apart of it.

This everything needs to be optimal or I’m going to create a mountain of excuses for a guy that wants to be considered elite and MVP is a joke.

Fast forward 2:30 into this video. Schrager hits the nail on the head about Mr. 40 Million.

LOL now its Schrager..and what did Schrager say about Mahomes when he was getting whipped in the SB? Again if they fail this year and its on Dak you will be able to come here and boast accordingly...when they lose and the O-line gives up NFL historical pressure and you act like thats nothing..you will be called out for BS because all your "elite QB's" fail in that same situation.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Prescott is a winner already. Obviously you don’t understand what it takes to be a winner

Winner???75 million dollar contract. Sleep number and other commercials. Yes. He is a winner off the field. I want him to be a winner on the field also as in deep playoff runs and many Super Bowls. Again. I love Dak but that's why I'm so hard on him. I want him to be the greatest quarterback in Dallas history. But what I want in this doesn't matter one penny. This is a journey only Dak can take and make into a great one or bad one.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Winner???75 million dollar contract. Sleep number and other commercials. Yes. He is a winner off the field. I want him to be a winner on the field also as in deep playoff runs and many Super Bowls.
That sounds like a winner to me. He got his money. LMAO. Teams win games not quarterbacks. That’s what I find pathetic. don’t have a clue. Some of your people

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

How many times do people have to have it explained that QBs like Mahomes and Brady are once in a generation? The fact of the matter is that 95% of teams have to win with QBs that are not in the GOAT conversation. Dak will never been in the GOAT convo and will most likely never be a Hall of Famer however pretending that we are hamstrung with a terrible QB situation is really confusing to me. Do you have to build a better team around Dak than you have to for Mahomes in order to win? Yeah, you probably do. Is it some sort of insurmountable obstacle? Probably not. I totally expect bumps on the road to the championship and quite frankly I see this game as nothing more than that. Most of the posters here see the sky falling.

Calm down. 99% of posters here are not making a mountain of excuses for Dak. I like Dak, but do not convince myself that he is on Mahomes and Brady's level. He simply is not and expecting that is stupid. He has played two awful games this year against Denver and against KC, but pretending that the rest of the offense held up their end of the bargain in KC is comical. Two things can be true at the same time. Is it reasonable to think that a record breaking number of pressures would impact a quarterback performance? Yes. Is it also reasonable to assert that Dak played a poor game? Yes. Yes it is.

Also, Dak has never once mentioned winning the MVP or being considered elite. He goes out there and does his job. Personal attacks against a young man like him who has been all in for our franchise is a lame move. In like 1 year there will be enough new big QB contracts that Dak will probably fall in the #7-10 range as far as pay goes. I would say that is about right no?

You do not have to cherry pick games to make the same points about Patty. I don't know if you've caught many KC games this year but Mahomes has been extremely mediocre. His performance against us on Sunday has been just about par for the course the entire year. His defense has been bad all year and similar to the Cowboys defenses we've had around here recently and well what do you know... he's losing games.

I actually appreciate your opinion because I think you are one of the most objective posters around here, but I really think we are overreacting with Dak right now.

Last edited: