If Dak can't play well Thursday I'm maybe off the bandwagon

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
That sounds like a winner to me. He got his money. LMAO. Teams win games not quarterbacks. That’s what I find pathetic. don’t have a clue. Some of your people

I'd advise you to go watch Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman on this.....They can't win it alone. But they surely lose em on their own. And win some on their own to as Dak have. Just not the games that really count. Staubach and Troy have. I'm not spending 75 million on mediocrity if I were a NFL owner.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anytime Mahomes gets a Star on the side of his helmet? Let me know.
I’ll take Prescott before Patrick any day of the week. I don’t like speculating. But he have two rings if he was with Kansas City . Patrick Mahomes media lover boy Mr. Hail Mary LMAO

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'd advise you to go watch Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman on this.....They can't win it alone. But they surely lose em on their own. And win some on their own to as has Dak have. Just not the games that really count. Staubach and Troy have.
You really think Roger would win without Tony. Or Troy without Emmett. Like I said not a clue. I’m broke the TV sears console, Smith drop the ball in the Endzone against Pittsburgh. How many drops did we have Sunday

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You really think Roger would win without Tony. Or Troy without Emmett. Like I said not a clue. I’m broke the TV sears console, Smith drop the ball in the Endzone against Pittsburgh. How many drops did we have Sunday

LMAO...you read but really don't...I said Dak has made plays also. Not plays that have gotten us where we need to be. in big games it's usual on the quarterback. Thats why Romo has no ring. just sayin

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LMAO...you read but really don't...I said Dak has made plays also. Not plays that have gotten us where we need to be.
That’s because the team played with zero freaking energy. I was very impressed with the difference. It’s ludicrous to blame one player. Even if he had a couple of bad throws is 22 more

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LMAO...you read but really don't...I said Dak has made plays also. Not plays that have gotten us where we need to be.
I take my football serious. I’ve been a fan over 60 years. I’ve been through the strike season. Lol I remember Randall Cunningham was the quarterback for the Cowboys who would believe that. This is Frustrating. I truly don’t like the coach I don’t like it when we hired him. Where is the energy the accountability

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I take my football serious. I’ve been a fan over 60 years. I’ve been through the strike season. Lol I remember Randall Cunningham was the quarterback for the Cowboys who would believe that. This is Frustrating. I truly don’t like the coach I don’t like it when we hired him. Where is the energy the accountability

Great points!!! That's why I'm not putting it really all on Dak. The problem starts with Jerry and his resort -Club house atmosphere around the team. To McCarthy. Worthless. To Kellen Moore. Worthless half the time. To the team. Show up half the time. Not so much this year but we all know about 8-8 Garrett's history.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Josh Allen doesn't seem to get as much scrutiny as Dak does, despite being paid more. And their reasonings are that Allen "almost" won the MVP or that he got the Bills to the AFC Championship game. But, with Dak they have a "Super Bowl or bust" attitude and narrative. So even Dak getting the Cowboys to an NFC Championship game, wouldn't give him any leniency from criticism or scrutiny.

Not true...least not from me.
Playing in the NFCCG is definitely progress after over 25 years of freakin waiting! :rolleyes:
I will definitely give Dak and the entire organization props for that accomplishment alone.
If Dak can lead this team to the NFCCG no matter the score or how he plays, he deserves a clean slate going forward from his critics IMO.

:star:

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
And what did the lowly Bronco's do to us. That's why I never go there. Your team live in a glass stadium don't throw rocks. Again. Colt is not a franchise quarterback nor is he making 75 million dollars per. And no one is saying Colt is the next great thing. He's also a backup with 3 wins and without his top receivers.
And our back up beat the Vikings. I don't see the point of comparing Dak to Colt McCoy of all people. Circumstances of every game are different. Are you trying to tell me that if McCoy played against he KC defense we saw on Sunday he was going to walk out of there with a win? Hell, Russell Wilson has scored a total of 13 points in his last two games. I suppose he sucks and is overpaid too?

Can Dak play better? Absolutely. Was he the reason we lost? Nope, he was one of about a dozen players that didn't play well.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'd advise you to go watch Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman on this.....They can't win it alone. But they surely lose em on their own. And win some on their own to as Dak have. Just not the games that really count. Staubach and Troy have. I'm not spending 75 million on mediocrity if I were a NFL owner.

You think They won games alone? You didnt see Troy play past the championship years or early on...They are both GREATNESS but you are far from fact if you think they won anything alone....

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Not true...least not from me.
Playing in the NFCCG is definitely progress after over 25 years of freakin waiting! :rolleyes:
I will definitely give Dak and the entire organization props for that accomplishment alone.
If Dak can lead this team to the NFCCG no matter the score or how he plays, he deserves a clean slate going forward from his critics IMO.

:star:
I'd say Super Bowl. Dak is better. I hope. Then this....NFC Championship will just get the critics off for awhile. Win a Super Bowl no one can say nothing. Let's go, Dak!! I'm pushing for ya. But still will tell the truth.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Great points!!! That's why I'm not putting it really all on Dak. The problem starts with Jerry and his resort -Club house atmosphere around the team. To McCarthy. Worthless. To Kellen Moore. Worthless half the time. To the team. Show up half the time. Not so much this year but we all know about 8-8 Garrett's history.
Garrett isn't here. Move on. Is McCarthy a perfect coach? Not by a long shot. But he is miles better than Garrett ever was.

As far as the "country club atmosphere", you can say that for all teams now. The CBA doesn't allow for practices to be run like they were in the good old days. Every team has vet days off, very little hitting in practice, etc. Just the way the game is now.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
You think They won games alone? You didnt see Troy play past the championship years or early on...They are both GREATNESS but you are far from fact if you think they won anything alone....
Exactly. He should go watch Aikman's final teams with Dallas and tell us all how he won by himself while surrounded by crap.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Garrett isn't here. Move on. Is McCarthy a perfect coach? Not by a long shot. But he is miles better than Garrett ever was.

As far as the "country club atmosphere", you can say that for all teams now. The CBA doesn't allow for practices to be run like they were in the good old days. Every team has vet days off, very little hitting in practice, etc. Just the way the game is now.

I used Garrett to show how the inconsistencies didn't just start this season. You don't have to practice in a cool beach like atmosphere in California. I think the NFL will still let us have a full training camp in Texas only.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every QB that isn't a footloose runner for a QB needs protection.

We saw that in the last SB and when the NYG beat Brady and the Pats. They have to have time to at least make their second read.

Prescott doesn't have the elusiveness that Romo had but more importantly, he doesn't have a TE reading the D and giving his QB a place to throw the ball. Witten got criticized for not getting to the sticks sometimes but he was trying to protect his QB and give him a soft place to land with the ball.

The template is out on how to stop the Cowboys offense and Moore did a terrible job of responding to what Spagnuolo was doing and he's going to see more of the same on Thursday and the following Sunday with the Saints and then the WFT, pretty good DL's. Moore's HC stock took a hit in that game, he was terrible.

Prescott was off but that game was on the entire offense, every single player fell down on the job.

Put any QB under pressure and take away his two best WR's and see how he doesn't shine.

Loso86

Reaction score
You guys know whose followed my post that I'm one of the biggest Dak Prescott fans on this forum. That being said though. I was always fair in giving Dak his due when he plays well and saying when he doesn't play well. I've posted on anti-Dak forums in favor of Dak. But he's had two horrible games this year-horrible. And don't give me or use the injury card. Colt McCoy is winning as a backup with injured WR's out. Friggin Colt McCoy:facepalm: Dak is a great guy on and off the field. But I want Dak to be great in games when needed. Do you guys know that Dak only has like 6 wins if the running game doesn't go over a 100 yards per game. Dak you making 75 million dollars now. 75 with with 000000 zero's in back of it. Time for you to start playing like a top paid quarterback in big games. I 'm not talking beating up on sorry azzzz teams. I need you to beat up on the Packers, Chiefs, Rams, Arizona, 49ers etc. You talk a great game after a loss but all it is is TALK! I need to see greatness out there. Not Tony Romo 2.0 or lower.

And why I'm at it can I say I hope over rated Kellen Moore gets a higher coaching job outside of the Cowboys. Fans be talking how bad Dak play. Well how bad is Moore's play calling in BIG games? Nearly every coach that's considered a good coach with a good team. Good not great-hands this guy a butt kicking also. I for one hope he gets another gig. Let McCarthy finally do something besides crashing watermelons and giving out cases of Monkey Butt. And it's not just the loss especially on offense to the Chiefs. It's the mode of operation. Not showing up for big games. Key guys get hurt and we can't operate. I'm still as much with the team as ever. But at some point we have to cross the yellow brick road of mediocrity and go on the road of domination. Injuries are not an excuse. Every team has just as many or more. In closing I say to Dak. Show me who you are as a NFL quarterback starting Thursday. No more " as long as I'm here this team won't quit" Well if you winning quitting isn't even in the equation. And I know we only have 3 loses as of today. But if we can't beat the better teams come January. Will it matter?
PEACE.....
I'm sure he will care

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the first play from scrimmage, Dak Prescott spotted an open Michael Gallup streaking down the right sideline ... and missed his wideout by 5 yards on an overthrow.:huh:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
On the first play from scrimmage, Dak Prescott spotted an open Michael Gallup streaking down the right sideline ... and missed his wideout by 5 yards on an overthrow.:huh:
That’s because CeeDee lamb would’ve been that much further down the sidelines. I truly wish you’d get it. If we win. Great job Elliot. Great job Cooper. Great job difference if we lose. He comes the flag. Prescott sucks

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Happens every game with every QB..funny story..one you have heard alot...Dak is high up on the deep ball passing accuracy list, but you knew that because you literally say this all the time and get proved wrong all the time.