If Dak demands Wentz money, does Jerry cave and surrunder the future? Does Dak walk?

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Wilson and Wentz have set the market for starting QB.
I cringe at those numbers, but I lean towards paying Dak.
When Dak's had a good supporting cast - like Goff, Wentz, Roethlisberger, Brees have had - he's produced at a top-10 level.
Leaving out rookie year so these numbers are after defenses made adjustments.
Dak in first half of 2017 with Zeke & Dez & Healthy OL:
16 TDs, 4 INTs, 1818 yards, 63.7 completion percentage, 7.4 YPA, 102.8 QB Rating, 4 rushing TDs.

Dak in 9 games with Cooper, & Zeke for 8 of those 9 games in 2018 & mediocre OL:
14 TDs, 4 INTs, 2468 yards, 71.7 completion percentage, 7.6 YPA, 102.4 QB Rating, 4 rushing TDs.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dak vs Wentz is hogwash.

After this offseason of contract talks for DLaw, Dak, Zeke n Coop...I'm good on the business.

Dak is more reliable than Wentz and Jerry is generous, so #4 gets slightly more.

supermanonsteroids

Reaction score
Do we have cap experts here? Maybe someone can help me out,

Give Dak and Wentz the same contract going forward. Combine daks rookie contract with daks next contract (the one wentz just got). Avg it out over the years.

Dak has been a steady above average qb since entering the league. Would you pay that avg salary for a steady young qb with intangiables?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
giphy.gif

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak vs Wentz is hogwash.

After this offseason of contract talks for DLaw, Dak, Zeke n Coop...I'm good on the business.

Dak is more reliable than Wentz and Jerry is generous, so #4 gets slightly more.
:eek:

Little Jr

Reaction score
Dear fans who discuss and discuss and discuss.

How many of you would want Dak to get Wentz-type money?
How many of you would want Dak to walk?
How many of you, if Jerry relents, would be willing to stick around for 4 or more years with a developing QB who, at least last year, could not unleash the long ball?

Jason+Moore+Dak does not inspire optimism for moi.
For you?

Please give me your take on all these questions.
And, keep in mind, if Dak gets Wentz-type money, what is to keep Amari and Zeke happy with lesser rewards?
Are we on the way to being saddle with a point of no return contract with Dak? Dak the developing QB who might get record riches for marginal play?
Surrender the future? Are you one of those guys who think giving him 30-32m means we can't keep the guy's they want?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
How is a big contract surrendering the future? That tired *** narrative of a big contract kills the future is old and tired.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Wilson and Wentz have set the market for starting QB.
I cringe at those numbers, but I lean towards paying Dak.
When Dak's had a good supporting cast - like Goff, Wentz, Roethlisberger, Brees have had - he's produced at a top-10 level.
Leaving out rookie year so these numbers are after defenses made adjustments.
Dak in first half of 2017 with Zeke & Dez & Healthy OL:
16 TDs, 4 INTs, 1818 yards, 63.7 completion percentage, 7.4 YPA, 102.8 QB Rating, 4 rushing TDs.

Dak in 9 games with Cooper, & Zeke for 8 of those 9 games in 2018 & mediocre OL:
14 TDs, 4 INTs, 2468 yards, 71.7 completion percentage, 7.6 YPA, 102.4 QB Rating, 4 rushing TDs.

For people wondering, that works out to over 270 passing yards per game post coop trade.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We shouldn't even be discussing a contract extension.
We should be discussing Dak playing out his final year of his current contract
And then we should be discussing the franchise tag.

Yes, but here is the risk that we'd have. Given the talent on this team and barring injuries, I think Dak is poised to have his best season yet. He's already won the division 2 out of his first 3 seasons. He's won a playoff game. If I'm right about the season that I think he'll have, he will be demanding quite a bit more than what Wentz got. Also, not since the Eagles in 2004 have we had a team who won this division back to back seasons. If Dak does that, it will be an extraordinary achievement. Again, something that I think will factor into his contract negotiations. So, if Jerry is confident about the team this year as I am, then I reckon if might be worth heading off those negotiations early. Might actually save him some money if the team is what I think it will be.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Dear fans who discuss and discuss and discuss.

How many of you, if Jerry relents, would be willing to stick around for 4 or more years with a developing QB who, at least last year, could not unleash the long ball?

Jason+Moore+Dak does not inspire optimism for moi.
For you?

Please give me your take on all these questions.
And, keep in mind, if Dak gets Wentz-type money, what is to keep Amari and Zeke happy with lesser rewards?
Are we on the way to being saddle with a point of no return contract with Dak? Dak the developing QB who might get record riches for marginal play?
I don't care how much money football players get...they all make too much. Cap goes up every year so salaries go up every year.

Dak is a franchise QB that we can actually win with....its proven. We have a team that can compete for a SB now. Quality QBs do not grow on tree's.

Cowboys4eva! Is this a serious question?