If Dak goes 0-2 you can't put Rush back

Acceptablename

Reaction score
If we go 0-2 with Dak it will be because the offensive line has reverted back to being a sieve, if that happens it won't matter who's at the QB position.
Bingo this is more likely but Dak could just have a bad game

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Not sure why this keeps coming up. He was the next in line to get paid and the next one always gets more than the previous one. That is just the way it works. Doesn't mean it's right. It's just the way it is.
I didn't have to be that way, both years I was all for putting the transition tag on Dak, see what the market really thought he was worth. We didn't do that, we could have, but we didn't.

kskboys

Reaction score
They could have gotten rid of him before the March deadline THIS season. They love Zeke and there is no guarantee he is gone next year either. Wouldn't shock me at all if they kept him or even extended him. No one should be surprised if it happens.
After watching them let Coop and Ced and Lael and Connor Williams walk, it looks as if the philosophy has changed.

Too much salary owed to dump him this last off.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Of course. QB's who get rid of the ball quickly have always been an OL's best friend. Not only do they not have to hold their blocks as long, they will also be fresher at the end of the game.

no, its magic that all of a sudden they have only given up 2 sacks over the last 3 games.

krimson

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not sure either Dak or Rush can beat the Rams or the Eagles. Currently, we are 5.5 point underdogs against the Rams. Our defense has been very good but they still have trouble stopping the run and our offense has been mediocre at best. We currently rank in the 27th in Rushing Defense and Scoring.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
There's a reasonable chance we go 0-2 because of who we play so I don't see that as a reason to drop Dak.

Let's see what he's got when he comes back.

I'm not sure Dak is the answer to "the question" but I'm 100% sure Rush isn't the answer.

FTWayne

Reaction score
I didn't have to be that way, both years I was all for putting the transition tag on Dak, see what the market really thought he was worth. We didn't do that, we could have, but we didn't.
The same reason we held on to Garrett. Jerry didn't want another club to take advantage of the Jones training of Garrett.

khiladi

Reaction score
If we go 0-2 with Dak it will be because the offensive line has reverted back to being a sieve, if that happens it won't matter who's at the QB position.

Or because Dak can’t decipher a defense and resorts to his horrible pocket presence displays, while holding on to the ball too long.

Bing

Reaction score
If Dak comes back in and bombs then its simple the season is shot. But hopefully that will be enough to get our stupid ownership off their butts and draft a QB in the first round next year. Dak can then sit on the bench and collect his check if he wishes, which will end his career or he can be asked to be traded to another team.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
After watching them let Coop and Ced and Lael and Connor Williams walk, it looks as if the philosophy has changed.

Too much salary owed to dump him this last off.

It’s probably why they kept Garrett to finish his contract. If they fired him, they would owe him money and the primary responsibilities were in the hands of the coordinators anyways.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Dak comes back in and bombs then its simple the season is shot. But hopefully that will be enough to get our stupid ownership off their butts and draft a QB in the first round. Dak can then sit on the bench and collect his check if he wishes, which will end his career or he can be asked to be traded to another team.

I mean it’s really not that difficult if you look at. The QB will be on his rookie contract, meaning he will be cheap so by the time you have to sigh him to his second deal, Dak’s contract would be done anyways. So Dak can just accept a trade.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I just looked it up. You might be surprised where Rush sits on the list of pocket time. You're going to have to scroll way down. Down past where Dak sits in his limited snaps this season.

Last season Dak was pretty high on that list despite the narrative.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Dak shouldn't have the opportunity to get right.

If he's not good out of the gates then bench him.

There is no reason to waste the season hoping for Dak to become something he's not.

So, first I think you make alot of valid point about Dak. You clearly don't like him in general but he's played very poorly since the SF game and really since the NE game last year after the calf injury, so several of your points are spot on. If you are that confident he is so bad I don't understand why you don't just sit back and let your points be validated. Instead you swing to the furthest extreme and act like Dak is worse than Brandon Weeden or some bottom of the barrel QB on literally every thread that is posted in this forum. It makes your valid points lose their luster when you go to such an extreme. Dak is a multi-Pro Bowl QB. We've seen him play at an elite level. You don't become the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys for 6 straight seasons for nothing. He just hasn't played well consistently and lately has choked in big moments. He's certainly not living up to his contract, at least currently. But to act like Rush is the overwhelming favorite when Dak is a two bad games removed from hanging 50 on 2 divisional opponents just really makes you seem like a blind Dak hater who can't be taken seriously or who doesn't know football, and I'm sure that's not the case. If I were you I'd stop arguing with everyone on every thread and either wait to be validated, or, if Dak miraculously makes a turnaround, give him his due praise while retaining some skepticism. Extremists are virtually never right and the truth is almost always somewhere in the middle.

Shane612

Reaction score
Not sure why this keeps coming up. He was the next in line to get paid and the next one always gets more than the previous one. That is just the way it works. Doesn't mean it's right. It's just the way it is.
With your logic, Rush is next in line for a $200,000,000.00 contract.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak can’t decipher anything on the field, but needs Moore to calla perfect game for him. That right happen previously because the offense was built on a RG that wore down defenses and just required the QB to keep the chains moving, when the opposing defenses were exhausted.

In 2019, Dak didn’t win a single game when down at halftime. In 2020, before he got injured he was back on track to sucking it up. Atlanta just didn’t know how to fall on a ball on a kick, but they were blowing 4th quarter leads to everybody, including a 20 pT lead to Nick Foles the next week if I remember correctly.