If Dak has a All-Pro year, would you trust him?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
[QUOTE="PJTHEDOORS, post: 9202390, member: 10320". Dak will have fun usiing Pollard confusing defenses how to cover him. .[/QUOTE]
LOL

Based on what?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's always someone's else when our offense doesn't score dang why would anyone blame the QB?

:facepalm:
The proof is in the picture I provided, but as usual, I've learned from you PappyDog that it's much easier to blame Dak. :facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Dak plays up to whatever contract he gets this year, do you truly trust him going forward? Or do you wait for the other shoe to drop just to say "I told you so"?

Because from what I read on this board almost daily, if he is anything but perfect (which no one is) yall won't trust him and will still call for Romo lol...

IMO he is better than yall say he is, and even if he is an All Pro this year yall won't trust him. Please prove me wrong.
I already trust Dak and I know he won't play perfect in the coming season. That's okay with me because I know he will play good enough. The only stat of Dak's I care about is the "W".

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Disagree. Our OL is at full strength, Dak will have better protection. Zeke has 2 backups who should be good behind this line. Dak will have fun usiing Pollard confusing defenses how to cover him. Weber too can run behind this line. Dak has way more weapons overall if Zeke is out. We are deep at wr. Have 2 young TE's with promise, I like Jarwin.

And we have an upgraded defense that should get stops and give the offense good field position.

Dak is rarely good enough to overcome average RB production. He needs an elite back and an elite wr to make this offense work. Just look when he has only 1 of those 2 things, he looks terrible most of the time. Pollard and Weber can only do so much and neither alter a defenses game plan to stop our run 1st while covering wr's man to man because dak can't get them the ball anyway. It's a formula that has worked and will work untill they prove otherwise on the field.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
If Dak plays up to whatever contract he gets this year, do you truly trust him going forward? Or do you wait for the other shoe to drop just to say "I told you so"?

Because from what I read on this board almost daily, if he is anything but perfect (which no one is) yall won't trust him and will still call for Romo lol...

IMO he is better than yall say he is, and even if he is an All Pro this year yall won't trust him. Please prove me wrong.
Agreed........I think I know why some on here have agendas against him....but that's a topic that isn't allowed on here..and for good reason........there is literally nothing he could humanly do to change their agendas.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak is rarely good enough to overcome average RB production.
His W-L record says that is wrong.

He needs an elite back and an elite wr to make this offense work.
It doesn't hurt to have those things but not having those things doesn't mean its Dak's fault they fail without them.

Just look when he has only 1 of those 2 things, he looks terrible most of the time.
Do you not see how stupid that statement sounds? Being diminished results in diminished outcome... no kidding genius.

Pollard and Weber can only do so much and neither alter a defenses game plan to stop our run 1st while covering wr's man to man because dak can't get them the ball anyway. It's a formula that has worked and will work untill they prove otherwise on the field.
Now you are resorting to your crystal ball because there is no other way you can be making those comments. You don't know what's going to happen before it happens. I'll be the first to give you credit if it does happen the way you say.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak is rarely good enough to overcome average RB production. He needs an elite back and an elite wr to make this offense work. Just look when he has only 1 of those 2 things, he looks terrible most of the time. Pollard and Weber can only do so much and neither alter a defenses game plan to stop our run 1st while covering wr's man to man because dak can't get them the ball anyway. It's a formula that has worked and will work untill they prove otherwise on the field.
This is false.

Did you not watch Week 17's away game at New York where Dak played behind the 2nd stringer Oline and 2nd string RB against the Giants 1st stringers all game long. Yet, Dak repeatedly willed his offense to regain the lead over and over until he eventually led the team to a hard fought win.

Did you not see that game?

There have been other games, but I'm sure it's pointless at this time, even if I provide other videos.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I didnt even trust Roger Staubauch. Roger trusted Jackie Smith, look what that got us. Lol

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Does he has an all.pro year by the stats or by film ?

He has great stats already still he is a below average qb.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This is false.

Did you not watch Week 17's away game at New York where Dak played behind the 2nd stringer Oline and 2nd string RB against the Giants 1st stringers all game long. Yet, Dak repeatedly willed his offense to regain the lead over and over until he eventually led the team to a hard fought win.

There have been other games, but I'm sure it's pointless at this time, even if I provide other videos.

You are absolutely right. Thank you for the video. The Dak nay-sayers need to be reminded of these things because otherwise they ignore every positive thing Dak has ever done.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Arguably Romo was exactly that - more of a bus driver during the following years (2012 he was asked to throw for best part of 5000 yards which was never going to end well!): -

2011 - 31 TD 10 Int
2013 - 31 TD 10 Int
2014 - 34 TD 9 Int

Yet still no joy :thumbdown:

Romo was never a "bus driver"

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is false.

We beat a DEAD Giants team after missing the playoffs when Zeke was out for 6 weeks......

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Elliott was far from elite vs. LA and Prescott put up numbers good enough to move on.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Short answer: nope. Evidence? He went 13-3 his rookie season. Threw for over 300 yards in the lone playoff game that year (something I don't think Romo - who I love BTW - never did in a playoff game), only to lose only because our defense couldn't hold Green Bay on a long 4th down). Yet that is still not good enough, seemingly.

Dak is 32-16 as a starter. That's better than several HOFers 1st 3 years in the NFL. Several I tell ya.

Dak ain't perfect, but the things he is deficient on (pocket presence and accuracy) are fixable thru experience and coaching.

PS - he'd have 2 (and counting) playoff wins if our vaunted run defense didn't give up 273 yards last year.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Short answer: nope. Evidence? He went 13-3 his rookie season. Threw for over 300 yards in the lone playoff game that year (something I don't think Romo - who I love BTW - never did in a playoff game), only to lose only because our defense couldn't hold Green Bay on a long 4th down). Yet that is still not good enough, seemingly.

Dak is 32-16 as a starter. That's better than several HOFers 1st 3 years in the NFL. Several I tell ya.

Dak ain't perfect, but the things he is deficient on (pocket presence and accuracy) are fixable thru experience and coaching.

PS - he'd have 2 (and counting) playoff wins if our vaunted run defense didn't give up 273 yards last year.

"MUH ROOKIE SEASON!"

It's going on 2019. Move on.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dallas had a losing record when Emmitt would miss games. QB rely on those around them, QB do not block for themselves, they do not catch their own passes, they don't play defense. I think there are areas he must continue to work and improve on but hell Romo talked every year of the need to work and improve his game. I also understand until a QB in Dallas wins it all there will be a segment of the fan base hollering to get rid of them. Fans did it with Meredith, White, Romo and a cast of others. People act as if football is a one man show the QB fact is this is a team game not a 1 man show, there is so much that is not even under the control of the QB.
Here we go again comparing Dak to legends .

Emmitt missed 3 games during our Championship Window (1992-1995). In those 3 games, these were Troys QB ratings:

Did we lose those games? Yes. Was Troy absolutely pathetic and looking like one of the worst QBs in the league? NO.

Dak fans need to stop that. Comparing him to our legends to make him look better. Newsflash, hes not as good as them and most likely never will be which is a main reason a lot want him replaced.