If Dak improves his deep ball is he the best QB in the league?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is nothing fantasy about having the third best win loss record over three years and those being your first three years. And his most recent performance, he was the only bright spot and nearly overcame a blowout. Having the Cowboys in position to win the game with 2 and a half minutes to play. You must live a sad life. A lot of hot air. To think you are a fan.

I refuse to waste time with Dak-homers.....live and let live I say.....:huh:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your so mad:lmao2:

Have I ever shown that emotion here?
NEVER....!!!
Just disappointed how personal agenda's blind the masses....then again Hitler over ran Europe with his agenda so I guess anything is possible....

Brax

Reaction score
InTheZone

- regurgitates things he's heard about Dak from other clueless posters
- knows little about the game of football
- has nothing to back up the assertions he's made.
I didn't think even you would credence to this nutty 909 post, you truly have lost your mind.

Brax

Reaction score
Dak is better at Rodgers at everything under 15 yards.

Men lie. Stats lie. Numbers don’t.

Better 3rd down %
Passer rating
Etc.

If Dak had a damn deep ball he may be the best QB in the nfc
Willfreedumb909 you are the greatest clown on this forum you should be given the great clown award as you make so many people laugh with your utter foolishness. Are you related to Dak, his boyfriend, girlfriend, agent there just can't be any other reason for your posts.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Willfreedumb909 you are the greatest clown on this forum you should be given the great clown award as you make so many people laugh with your utter foolishness. Are you related to Dak, his boyfriend, girlfriend, agent there just can't be any other reason for your posts.
Did you drink your coffee this morning?:mad:

Of course you can’t respond with facts just emotions

:lmao2:

Brax

Reaction score
Did you drink your coffee this morning?:mad:

Of course you can’t respond with facts just emotions

:lmao2:
Actually laughed so hard it was all good, thanks for that, All kidding aside, here's it in a nut shell, You say Dak is Elite top 10 minimum, may be best QB in league. Mr. Clutch, 4th quarter king,Mr win, takes 2 to 3 quarters for him to excel but he's the real deal, great leader, Team carrier, plays with lesser players and team still wins. Would most desired QB FA in football. Better than Rodgers, Brady or Brees.
I see a Low round QB who has shown some great things with a great supporting cast and some real bad traits that have been with him sense college and still continue 3 years into the NFL, good guy, good leader, with accuracy issues that need to be addressed, and for the 4th quarter plays great the first 3 not so great and needs a very good D to keep it close.
So Tell me what you would honestly pay him if you are the GM. and then I will tell what I would honestly play him, for as you believe so do I that he will be here for the next few years.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
-Poor pre-snap defensive reads, lack of adjustments as well
-Poor anticipation of pass rush, don't need him making the line look bad by not releasing it quickly or by running into a sack/fumble
-Poor consistently throwing passes over the middle
-Too often settles for 2-4 yard passes when needing 9+ yards.
-50/50 accuracy leading a receiver

Fix the deep ball and surely he'll be the best QB in the league!

Over blown a bit there.
Watch other games. Or is it that other teams it don't count.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
He's not anything of those things. Just a troll is all he is. Getting fed again.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I don't think Dak can improve a whole lot in the current scheme he is in.

Dak's talent is in his mobility.

That is where he needs to improve and it will come from the coaching staff convincing him to run instead of forcing a tight window throw and just do more roll outs.

I agree his talent is in his mobility. I think the coaches are the ones who have stopped him from running. He knew how and when to run when he got here, but Garret has put the brakes on him running. Running made him an additional threat, but Garrett knows best?? :banghead:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pocket awareness was better at end of year but the best QBs never take >20 sacks no matter how little they can move or how bad their OL is. Look at Peyton

I don't disagree that Dak isn't as aware as he should be and takes more sacks than would be expected of a high quality QB, but 20 is much too low a number to use as a bar. Actually most QB's take more than 20 sacks in a season, and greater than 30 and even occasionally 40 or more isn't out of the question even for a high quality QB. Peyton is an unfair example as because he was one of the best, and possibly the best in history at making the quick decision to get rid of the ball, but even he had several seasons where he took more than 20 sacks. Brady has had over 30 several times, and even 40 or more a couple of times.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree his talent is in his mobility. I think the coaches are the ones who have stopped him from running. He knew how and when to run when he got here, but Garret has put the brakes on him running. Running made him an additional threat, but Garrett knows best?? :banghead:

Ok Ok so we now have 2 good HB .....can we please go get us a real QB now .............:omg:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I don't disagree that Dak isn't as aware as he should be and takes more sacks than would be expected of a high quality QB, but 20 is much too low a number to use as a bar. Actually most QB's take more than 20 sacks in a season, and greater than 30 and even occasionally 40 or more isn't out of the question even for a high quality QB. Peyton is an unfair example as because he was one of the best, and possibly the best in history at making the quick decision to get rid of the ball, but even he had several seasons where he took more than 20 sacks. Brady has had over 30 several times, and even 40 or more a couple of times.
Peyton took over 20 sacks 5 times. Those were 21, 21, 22, 23, 25

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Actually laughed so hard it was all good, thanks for that, All kidding aside, here's it in a nut shell, You say Dak is Elite top 10 minimum, may be best QB in league. Mr. Clutch, 4th quarter king,Mr win, takes 2 to 3 quarters for him to excel but he's the real deal, great leader, Team carrier, plays with lesser players and team still wins. Would most desired QB FA in football. Better than Rodgers, Brady or Brees.
I see a Low round QB who has shown some great things with a great supporting cast and some real bad traits that have been with him sense college and still continue 3 years into the NFL, good guy, good leader, with accuracy issues that need to be addressed, and for the 4th quarter plays great the first 3 not so great and needs a very good D to keep it close.
So Tell me what you would honestly pay him if you are the GM. and then I will tell what I would honestly play him, for as you believe so do I that he will be here for the next few years.
Dak should get 100 million 4 years + 30 million in playoff incentives.

Only 3 to 4 quarterbacks take this cowboys team as far as Dak has. Given the o-line and running game he’s forced to defer to.

If Dak had Gronk and Brady’s O-Line he puts up better stats than Brady. There isn’t a quarterback with a better short game than Dak. If he gets a deep ball that can stretch the field reliably it may be over for the NFC

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pocket awareness was better at end of year but the best QBs never take >20 sacks no matter how little they can move or how bad their OL is. Look at Peyton

So how did Dak "take sacks" in 2016 for only 28 times? And then only 32 times in 2017? Why all of a sudden in his 3rd year is Dak "taking sacks" at an alarming rate in 2018? Do you want a hint? No, you can figure this one out all on your own.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak should get 100 million 4 years + 30 million in playoff incentives.

Only 3 to 4 quarterbacks take this cowboys team as far as Dak has. Given the o-line and running game he’s forced to defer to.

If Dak had Gronk and Brady’s O-Line he puts up better stats than Brady. There isn’t a quarterback with a better short game than Dak. If he gets a deep ball that can stretch the field reliably it may be over for the NFC

Daks Deep ball is just fine.

blueblood70

Reaction score
why do we start these threads when the actual question is flawed from the outset..Dak will NEVER be the best QB in league where Mahomes and other new QBS are just getting started and ones Like Luck are back and Brady/Brees is still alive LOL

If Dak improves pocket awareness keeps working on hitting his backfoot and letting it go to player or throw it out of bounds or Run more quickly he will cement himself as top tier 2 or bottom tier one qb maybe top 10 and has nothing to do with deep balls, when give n time hes proved just the last 4 weeks he can hit the deep ball, seems early on he wasn't trusting the ones that were there but this offense wasn't calling many..

again with the question hemming us into all or nothing its not fair to Dak..Dak is good player whos is improving but will never be ranked next to the greats, its reality but we can win big games with him with the right development and coaching..thats the real issues..