If Dak loses tomorrow

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We’re getting behind and have had to abandon the run. Granted we’ve had some issues on offense no question about it but our biggest issue is on defense.
Didn't we stop running after the first drive last week, and after the second drive against the Bills? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but it sure seemed that way.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Didn't we stop running after the first drive last week, and after the second drive against the Bills? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but it sure seemed that way.

That first drive was about the only time we had success running the ball consistently. We keep bogging down and proceed to get behind forcing us to get away from the run. Let’s be honest we’ve had a lot more success throwing the ball this season than running it.

starman22

Reaction score
You need to tap the brakes here. First Prescott had to endure having Bryant lead the leagues in drops and the year before that came with 1 drop of leading the league. Now none of the Cowboys receivers are the league leader in drops this season but I read in an article this week that said the Cowboys as a team right now leads the league in drops. Now I'm not saying Prescott hasn't had some bad throws, but so many times here someone always wants to paint losing as a black or white issue and doesn't see there are all sorts of gray in there too. Also despite what you think, Jones has made up his mind that Prescott is the Cowboys franchise QB and isn't going anywhere regardless on how he plays tomorrow.

Wow, you know how excuses go over around here, right?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No, mate.
No sign of MFeed
You know, the restraining order and the roller derby altercation.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
People act like QBs grow on trees just go pick the next Brady, Rogers, Brees or Manning. Let’s just let Dak walk and with our late teen early 20s pick we will get a HOF QB. I remember the years between Troy and Tony they sucked as they paraded one joker out after another to play QB. Jerry has never done very good at drafting QBs Dak is probably his best one so I’m not in a rush to run Dak out the building.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
People act like QBs grow on trees just go pick the next Brady, Rogers, Brees or Manning. Let’s just let Dak walk and with our late teen early 20s pick we will get a HOF QB. I remember the years between Troy and Tony they sucked as they paraded one joker out after another to play QB. Jerry has never done very good at drafting QBs Dak is probably his best one so I’m not in a rush to run Dak out the building.

We have to take that chance. Look at it this way. With Dak, we won’t get anywhere. With a draft “bust” we won’t get anywhere either, so does it really matter on what QB we choose? Sure, the record might be worse with a QB bust, but if you don’t contend for the Super Bowl, records don’t really matter IMO. We might strike a Mahomes or Jackson! We can’t be boggled down with an average QB. Dak is solid, but he’s not good enough. We need to go big or go home.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
i do believe in him im just saying if he plays bad after telling dallas we can turn this around.. can you trust him? Dallas winning or losing doesnt matter. Im just saying if he plays bad then would you be able to trust him as QB?
Please just stop,, not trying to pile on here, just giving you some advice,, take the time to read first, and that means read a lot of threads first before making one.
It will help you.
Its like walking out in to a busy street without looking for traffic first.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not to change the subject, but that might be my favorite battlefield to ever visit. Have you ever been?
Many years ago when I was at Quantico. Ive been to a few of the old battlefields, and the only ine I enjoyed more was Gettysburg during the 4th

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
We have to take that chance. Look at it this way. With Dak, we won’t get anywhere. With a draft “bust” we won’t get anywhere either, so does it really matter on what QB we choose? Sure, the record might be worse with a QB bust, but if you don’t contend for the Super Bowl, records don’t really matter IMO. We might strike a Mahomes or Jackson! We can’t be boggled down with an average QB. Dak is solid, but he’s not good enough. We need to go big or go home.

first Dak ain’t as bad as some of y’all make him sound. I’d love to see some of y’all walk up to a football expert and say Dak sucks they would laugh at you. If you let Dak walk and if Brady retires I wouldn’t be one bit surprised to see Bill chase Dak. I’d like to see what this team could do with a better OC Scott was never a good OC and Moore is to raw but if someone like Greg Roman was here next year might see something cause besides speed Dak is a better QB than Jackson or Kap.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yes. Abandoning the run after establishing it just kills this team. Elliot can run it in from anywhere. Could help red zone issues. We aren’t even down by that many points when we do it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
first Dak ain’t as bad as some of y’all make him sound. I’d love to see some of y’all walk up to a football expert and say Dak sucks they would laugh at you. If you let Dak walk and if Brady retires I wouldn’t be one bit surprised to see Bill chase Dak. I’d like to see what this team could do with a better OC Scott was never a good OC and Moore is to raw but if someone like Greg Roman was here next year might see something cause besides speed Dak is a better QB than Jackson or Kap.

:lmao2:

stuckindc

Reaction score
Kurt Warner just showed 3-4 plays in the last two games where Dak is missing easy reads/ throws. Too much pressure to try and turn this team into a " pass first" It's almost paralysis by analysis with him. He can do it..They are just so out of sink on all levels. Not saying anything everyone here doesn't already know...

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree with the OP.

I like and support #4, but he has had a chance to put the team on his shoulders and failed. Several times.

At this point the only reason he will get his money is because Jerry doesnt feel like looking for another QB....and he also knows they can be relevant with this one.

Tell you what....if you pay #4 40M per....he had BETTER learn how to win games on his own, because he wont have much of a supporting cast.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kurt Warner just showed 3-4 plays in the last two games where Dak is missing easy reads/ throws. Too much pressure to try and turn this team into a " pass first" It's almost paralysis by analysis with him. He can do it..They are just so out of sink on all levels. Not saying anything everyone here doesn't already know...

We've lost 7 out of 10 games. We have fallen behind in 80% of our games score-wise and you got some here selling a Franchise caliber QB that simply doesn't exist under center for us.We have yet to beat a team with a winning record.
A tier 3 QB with tier 3 results unless its to pad his PERSONAL stats in Garbage time.
Yes, the Star has fallen to new lows indeed!

KingRah

Reaction score
Picture Dak as a more muscular, less accurate but more a stat padding version of Romo. And with more money.
What a rosy picture, tavern chum!
Romo read defenses 10 x better than dak. He was a lot more accurate and more elusive in the pocket. Dak is more durable so far.

CB61

Reaction score
He has to go. He can't guarantee a comeback to this season then come out playing like ***. Keep in mind I said "Dak loses", not Dallas. If Dak is one of the reasons we lose then hes done and I can no longer support him. As I said before, I am predicting a win.

However me and many others believe in Daks words and I hope he doesnt let Dallas down. He needs to be a leader here.. He isnt a rookie anymore
I agree with you to the point where you're laying it all on him there are several issues on this team besides his? Just saying