If Dak signs a long term deal, does Lance seek a trade?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Let me list you off the last 4th round draft picks and i will BOLD impact players/starters

- Viliami Fehoko
- Jake Ferguson - TE1
- Jabril Cox (injury bust)
- Josh Ball
- Reggie Robinson
- Tyler Biadasz - C1
- Tony Pollard - RB1
- Dorrance Armstrong - DE3/ST1
- Dalton Schultz - TE1

- Ryan Switzer
- Dak Prescott - QB1
- Damien Wilson (STARTER WHILE HERE)
- Anthony Hitchens (STARTER WHILE HERE)

I've laid it out very clearly here they are looking for starter production with their 4th round pick, maybe not right away but definitely going into year 3.
Problem for Dallas is their second and third round selections haven't been great who should be day one or second year starters

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let me list you off the last 4th round draft picks and i will BOLD impact players/starters

- Viliami Fehoko
- Jake Ferguson - TE1
- Jabril Cox (injury bust)
- Josh Ball
- Reggie Robinson
- Tyler Biadasz - C1
- Tony Pollard - RB1
- Dorrance Armstrong - DE3/ST1
- Dalton Schultz - TE1

- Ryan Switzer
- Dak Prescott - QB1
- Damien Wilson (STARTER WHILE HERE)
- Anthony Hitchens (STARTER WHILE HERE)

I've laid it out very clearly here they are looking for starter production with their 4th round pick, maybe not right away but definitely going into year 3.
They’ve gotten starters out of their 4th rounders but that’s not the standard. You want starters with your first and second round picks.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gone..................ASAP along with 50% of the fan base.
How the heck is Jerry gonna sell this extension????
As a fan, have you bought into whatever Jones has sold in the past?

Jones has vomited out enough of his version of PR nonsense for decades. The Great Stadium Attendance/Merchandise Fan Revolt has never happened. Jones putting on his clown nose for the umpteenth time selling Prescott’s extension will not do it either.

There are real world expectations. And there are out of this world expectations. At best, Jones might lose 2% of the franchise fanbase. That number excludes fans who still watch the games in secret; fans who keep their favorite jersey inside their closet instead of throwing in the dumpster; and ESPECIALLY ‘disgruntled’ fans, so upset with anything to do with Dallas, who will still devote one second of their life navigating to a fansite of the idiot’s franchise.

Practically every day.

50%.

Lol.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a fan, have you bought into whatever Jones has sold in the past?

Jones has vomited out enough of his version of PR nonsense for decades. The Great Stadium Attendance/Merchandise Fan Revolt has never happened. Jones putting on his clown nose for the umpteenth time selling Prescott’s extension will not do it either.

There are real world expectations. And there is out of this world expectations. At best, Jones might lose 2% of the franchise fanbase. That number excludes fans who still watch the games in secret; fans who keep their favorite jersey inside their closet instead of throwing in the dumpster; and ESPECIALLY ‘disgruntled’ fans, so upset with anything to do with Dallas, who will still devote one second of their life navigating to a fansite of the idiot’s franchise.

Practically every day.

50%.

Lol.
50% might be overboard I admit but there are a lot of Cowboys fans who are not happy with the Dak situation.
Keeping them from buying the BS and attending (instead of selling their tickets) will be an issue.
Look I know it's not good for business you guys but after 29 years a Dak extension will have only negative results.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
50% might be overboard I admit but there are a lot of Cowboys fans who are not happy with the Dak situation.
Keeping them from buying the BS and attending (instead of selling their tickets) will be an issue.
Look I know it's not good for business you guys but after 29 years a Dak extension will have only negative results.
"Might be?"

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Problem for Dallas is their second and third round selections haven't been great who should be day one or second year starters
Agreed. We have hit on 2 quality players in the second round which were Diggs, DLAW and Sean Lee in the past...the third round has been an utter bust for the team. Osa is the best 3rd round player in a while and he is mediocre.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
He has no leverage and will be a FA after 2024. He needs all the tutoring he can get anyway. You ever know, he might end up with some playing time the same way Dak did initially.
Have we ever thought the team let the Parsons, Tad and Ceedee MOM news come out to get his contract to be more fair...i.e. "Dak, the team needs you to take less - we need to pay the REAL playmakers"

cmoney23

Reaction score
Given what was leveraged to trade up and select him, Lance, at this point, is the biggest bust in NFL HISTORY!!

Jerry likes his buy low, injury, retool, second chance, third chance, projects... that's why he's here. Jerry. That's it.

I'm hopeful that they can "flip" him, like a foreclosed house, but odds are good we can't.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Lance should ask for his outright release and then go play in the USFL, for a few years, to see if he can become a QB.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
Lance needs to win the back up job this season from Rush. If we do have a few blow outs like this season, then he could play a few 4th quarters (like what Rush did) and if he performs, put himself in the shop window.

That helps him and Dallas. Not looking good right now but who knows, a decent showing as back up this year and someone offers a 3 for him?

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Well I think his goal is to win the backup spot. If he’s not the backup I could see his camp wanting a trade.
If he can't win the backup spot then put him on the practice squad. It will free up a roster spot on the 53-man roster.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What would be the point of Lance wanting to stay?? Please give your thoughts
Jerry just loves quandaries doesnt. Hes got a situation with both dak and trey. Seemingly forced to resign dak. Cant build or even showcase trey.
Pass the johnny walker.:)

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Lance should ask for his outright release and then go play in the USFL, for a few years, to see if he can become a QB.
His base salary this year is over $1 million, way more than anyone earns in that league. If he makes the Cowboys roster that's another $4 million.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If he can't win the backup spot then put him on the practice squad. It will free up a roster spot on the 55-man roster.
They can't "put him on the practice squad". He would have to clear waivers first. All it would take is one desperate team to claim him.