If Dak took a discount

Creeper

Reaction score
How much is a discount? I have said before I would offer him no more than $50 million but would prefer $45 million with incentives built in. Honestly, $40 million per year is a lot of money, a boatload of money. Even at $45 million Dak is going to get a lot of that up front, and most guaranteed. No matter what happens he is already set for life unless he squanders his riches foolishly. The amount of money these guys demand is all about ego.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Why this question all the time? Dak has said he won't give a discount. So we are in the hook for 60M per year or let some other team take that salary. No other options are available.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's over for him no matter if he plays for free.
All will come crashing down on his first home game when the Deer in the Headlights Dak reappears.
The Boos and Garbage will be the spark that gets him benched once and for all.
Only a matter of time now..............

Sandyf

Reaction score
LOL, why would he take a discount? Out of the goodness of his heart? He was runner-up MVP, he was 12-5 last 3 seasons, and regardless of what some Cowboys fans believe, he us a top 10 if not top 5 QB as every team believes.

If Dallas wants to trade him and IF he agrees then they would get a bounty while hoping and praying Lance is any good or they tank under Dak in 2024 to get a QB in next year's draft which currently is thought to be the worst in a number of years. Now if Dak repeats his numbers from 2023 then we will again drafting in the 20s going into the off-season with zero QBs on the roster as this is also Lance and Rush last season.

People need to wake up and not base everything on playoffs.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
How much is a discount? I have said before I would offer him no more than $50 million but would prefer $45 million with incentives built in. Honestly, $40 million per year is a lot of money, a boatload of money. Even at $45 million Dak is going to get a lot of that up front, and most guaranteed. No matter what happens he is already set for life unless he squanders his riches foolishly. The amount of money these guys demand is all about ego.
So really you want him at 30

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL, why would he take a discount? Out of the goodness of his heart? He was runner-up MVP, he was 12-5 last 3 seasons, and regardless of what some Cowboys fans believe, he us a top 10 if not top 5 QB as every team believes.

If Dallas wants to trade him and IF he agrees then they would get a bounty while hoping and praying Lance is any good or they tank under Dak in 2024 to get a QB in next year's draft which currently is thought to be the worst in a number of years. Now if Dak repeats his numbers from 2023 then we will again drafting in the 20s going into the off-season with zero QBs on the roster as this is also Lance and Rush last season.

People need to wake up and not base everything on playoffs.
OK Forget the playoffs give us 5 signature wins that Dak has had in the Regular season the past 8 seasons.
Teams like the Bills, Niners, etc.....................

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The Jones family still are inactive in free agency going forward and Dak still doesn't get it done, would you feel better about him giving the Cowboys a discount?
If he took a discount it would restore my faith in athletes understanding their worth based on what they have produced.

That being said, his agent, the pressure to build $$$ for others in the fraternity, and other variables I’m not aware of, will drive the money too high.

I’d say it’s time for both parties to move on but if that’s not the decision, a discount would be refreshing.

stiletto

Reaction score
Maybe a change of scenery for some fans is required instead.
Cry more...

360_F_78387618_ve2huc1ymPyuR6INl8ANZXy6mIMgjFfV.jpg

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I don't think it matters. A change of scenery for both parties is required.
They can let Dak go, then sign Carson Wentz for a lot cheaper. A good starter, and should be able to get 7 or 8 wins out of him..
Brian Hoyer or Matt Barkley is also an option.