If Dak took a discount

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why this question all the time? Dak has said he won't give a discount. So we are in the hook for 60M per year or let some other team take that salary. No other options are available.
Yep.....I'm pretty sure he and France will argue, you had me on a discount for 4 years and didn't do a darn thing with the extra cap/money.

Motorola

Reaction score
I always miss you and your War And Peace Novels that take up 3/4
War and Peace are comic books compared to his posts. :muttley:
Think he figures the most words on the post the more valid they will be?
of a page about really nothing at all except hot air.

Hammer time! buh bye.
I put that buffoon on 'Ignore' last year (I think before the 2023 season started).
And to CZers might respond 'Ignore their posts\comments' -
their BS clutters up the forum - I don't even want to see it on 'Fan Zone Page 1'

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well... you can't blame them. Especially after 8+ years of showing what he so much criticized

Dak-Prescott-tweets-05-09-16-500x487.jpg
The internet is flawed but there is one thing it does flawlessly, good or bad. That is boomeranging stuff back that tends to hit you in the caboose.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
How much is a discount? I have said before I would offer him no more than $50 million but would prefer $45 million with incentives built in. Honestly, $40 million per year is a lot of money, a boatload of money. Even at $45 million Dak is going to get a lot of that up front, and most guaranteed. No matter what happens he is already set for life unless he squanders his riches foolishly. The amount of money these guys demand is all about ego.
You would do the exact same thing if your peers were earning 60 mil per year....you wouldn't say "well you know, 45 mil is still a lot of money...what's 15 mil a year if it helps my billionaire boss out?"

No....you wouldn't do that. You would start thinking about your grandchildren....and their children, and you would want more and more of your blood generations to be set for life and taken care of.

We all would.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, if jason garrett would have taken a discount we should have keep that loser too. smh.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Who? I supported Dak for several seasons. I just woke up, that's all. Only someone that is moronic wouldn't see hard facts and adjust their stance when evidence persists. Again, I ask you. How many times does Dak have to fail before you'll join the "Move On" club?? 20 more seasons? LOL
So I guess by your standards, Cincinnati should move on from Joe Burrow Buffalo from Josh Allen, Jacksonville from Trevor Lawrence, Baltimore from Lamar Jackson, etc, etc. Guess Kansas City can keep Mahomes.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The Jones family still are inactive in free agency going forward and Dak still doesn't get it done, would you feel better about him giving the Cowboys a discount?
No, taking a discount and then having the team continue to run business as usual doesn’t affect me in anyway and dak would be absolutely stupid. Take a discount if it’s promised they’ll change philosophy or be aggressive but taking a discount on merit when he could easily get his ask in free agency is a fallacy.

I hope he rakes Jerry over the coals if they are going to continue not to spend money in all honesty, that’s if they keep him which I do think they do

stinkface

Reaction score
Dak won't give a discount. Never has never will. Only Cowboy that gave a big home team discount finally got smart and will be a Jet next year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The Jones family still are inactive in free agency going forward and Dak still doesn't get it done, would you feel better about him giving the Cowboys a discount?
Dak isnt going to give a discount, there is no reason for him to do that.
Esp now that jerry has gutted the team, and let FA go by.

Dak may want to play out the contract and be a FA. that is the smart move for him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No, taking a discount and then having the team continue to run business as usual doesn’t affect me in anyway and dak would be absolutely stupid. Take a discount if it’s promised they’ll change philosophy or be aggressive but taking a discount on merit when he could easily get his ask in free agency is a fallacy.

I hope he rakes Jerry over the coals if they are going to continue not to spend money in all honesty, that’s if they keep him which I do think they do
yes and the only way I would give a discount, is if I got to spend that money on the FA's I wanted to add.
The smart move for dak is to hold out and become a FA.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I’m not so sure it is a discount but I wouldn’t be afraid to make Dak the highest paid players in the league with a contract slightly more than Joe Burrow. But the resetting of the market with a contract north of $60 million is hard to justify.

Motorola

Reaction score
yes and the only way I would give a discount, is if I got to spend that money on the FA's I wanted to add.
The smart move for dak is to hold out and become a FA.
Prescott doesn't need to hold out.
He just needs to:
a) refuse to sign an extension \ new contract offer from the FO;
b) continue his role/performance as the starting QB in the final year of his current contract.

Prescott will then be a free agent at the conclusion of the 2024-25 season regardless.

Last edited:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Who? I supported Dak for several seasons. I just woke up, that's all. Only someone that is moronic wouldn't see hard facts and adjust their stance when evidence persists. Again, I ask you. How many times does Dak have to fail before you'll join the "Move On" club?? 20 more seasons? LOL
"When the facts change, I change my mind - what do you do, sir?" He won't get it...

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Why should Dak give the Jones family a discount? It's obvious he's going to milk them for everything even throwing the kitchen sink. Frankly, if he did, I still won't cheer for him. I don't think he can win us any games in preseason and the superbowl.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Dak isn’t worth 5 million since he’s guaranteed not to win a Super Bowl. You might as well start Cooper rush for 1 Million and save 4 million with exact same result in the end .
i was a Dak fan , I saw the light last year . He’s literally tied for the worst win % in post season minimum 7 starts , and that’s with better teams than he has this year.
The team needs to cut this clown and move on.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
How much is a discount? I have said before I would offer him no more than $50 million but would prefer $45 million with incentives built in. Honestly, $40 million per year is a lot of money, a boatload of money. Even at $45 million Dak is going to get a lot of that up front, and most guaranteed. No matter what happens he is already set for life unless he squanders his riches foolishly. The amount of money these guys demand is all about ego.
Dak isn’t worth 5 million since he’s guaranteed not to win a Super Bowl. You might as well start Cooper rush for 1 Million and save 4 million with exact same result in the end .
He’s literally tide for the worst win % in post season minus of 7 starts And that’s with better teams than he has this year.
The team needs to move on, the clown doesn’t ever have it when it really counts .