If Dak took a discount

stiletto

Reaction score
They can let Dak go, then sign Carson Wentz for a lot cheaper. A good starter, and should be able to get 7 or 8 wins out of him..
Brian Hoyer or Matt Barkley is also an option.
OR they could draft a legit guy and see what he's got..at some point you have to rely on your scouting department.

The other guys you mentioned will get us to the same place as Dak. On the couch in late January/Feb.

Creeper

Reaction score
So really you want him at 30
I wanted him at between $32 and $35 when they did his last contract. I would be willing to go to $50 million under the right circumstances. The problem is, Dak's first 4 year deal did not give them a lot of room to maneuver. So much wrong with that deal. The length, the no trade, the no franchise tag, and the money were all wrong for Dallas. What an awful mess Jerry made.

stiletto

Reaction score
That's what y'all have been doing on a daily basis for years now.
Who? I supported Dak for several seasons. I just woke up, that's all. Only someone that is moronic wouldn't see hard facts and adjust their stance when evidence persists. Again, I ask you. How many times does Dak have to fail before you'll join the "Move On" club?? 20 more seasons? LOL

sbark

Reaction score
Dak is snakebit with this franchise. It's in his head. When the playoffs start you can count on him panicking. It's time to move on for both Dak's sake and the Cowboys.
Yup
Game seems to speed up for him in the playoffs, top teams
Great QB throw out how the game slows down for them.

CWR

Reaction score
He didn't take a 4 year deal when every other qb took 5, just to give a discount. Sorry, I appreciate the sentiment but no way he takes a discount.

Honestly if I saw the way Dallas spent on FAs I wouldn't consider taking a discount. They'd just pocket the money.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Jones family still are inactive in free agency going forward and Dak still doesn't get it done, would you feel better about him giving the Cowboys a discount?
The Cowboys got quality starter minutes out of dak on the cheap rookie contract for several years.
The Jones got him on a discount already.
They blew it by failing to give him a better supporting cast and having Garrett as HC.
What a major front office fail!

khiladi

Reaction score
200w.gif

StarLord

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys on this Dak's rookie deal, pre-injury with a healthy Zeke and Fredbeard could have done something, but not now. Whatever the cost.

His goose is cooked. Stick a fork in it..

khiladi

Reaction score
The Cowboys got quality starter minutes out of dak on the cheap rookie contract for several years.
The Jones got him on a discount already.
They blew it by failing to give him a better supporting cast and having Garrett as HC.
What a major front office fail!
Really.. how did Dak do when Zeke was suspended and Cooper wasn’t here or when prime Tyron Smith were out? Were those quality minutes? Wasn’t he basically 1-4 with 7 TOs and a broken leg when Jerry gave him this huge contract?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The Jones family still are inactive in free agency going forward and Dak still doesn't get it done, would you feel better about him giving the Cowboys a discount?
Dak needs to get as much money as he can while he can. It is all about the bag.

RoboQB

Reaction score
OK Forget the playoffs give us 5 signature wins that Dak has had in the Regular season the past 8 seasons.
Teams like the Bills, Niners, etc.....................
5? I'm not sure there's one game, at least outside the NFC East, where Dak carried the team to victory against any
quality team in the league.
The game in Buffalo, for instance, was one of the worst
games by a QB touted as an MVP-favorite in recent memory.
It will be interesting to see the butthurt DLS reaction
once Tad and his brother are gone.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao: :hammer::thumbup:right we wont miss most of them..buh bye LOL
There are maybe 20 Dakdavidians left here instead of shutting down the CZ why don't you guys just go start the DAKZONE and enjoy each other Dak's fantasy storytelling of his greatness...............

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Why would I be happy with a discount? They’re not spending money on help, he’s not good enough without the help.

Regular season wins are meaningless after 30 years. I want playoff success, and if that means finding a QB who can do more with less I’m for it. What’s the difference between 3 6-7 win seasons and 3 12 win seasons with early playoff exits? Draft position that’s it.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Dak shouldn't give a discount. Jones is cheapo in free agency regardless.

Motorola

Reaction score
You just came from a Dak post and now you want to start your own?
Interesting take

another one we’ve never seen before
How much is a discount? I have said before I would offer him no more than $50 million but would prefer $45 million with incentives built in. Honestly, $40 million per year is a lot of money, a boatload of money. Even at $45 million Dak is going to get a lot of that up front, and most guaranteed. No matter what happens he is already set for life unless he squanders his riches foolishly. The amount of money these guys demand is all about ego.
Nearly 2 pages = 40 responses in - 'Bluestar22' has not replied back to any other CZ member about his post...2 hours later.

Just created the thread for to get likes and quotes.

Wasn't remotely interested in dialog.

Hey, 'BlueStar22' - need a response from you on what a "discount" should be for Prescott's next contract.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always miss you and your War And Peace Novels that take up 3/4 of a page about really nothing at all except hot air.

Hammer time! buh bye.
War and Peace are comic books compared to his posts. :muttley:
Think he figures the most words on the post the more valid they will be?