If Dak took a discount

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
LOL, why would he take a discount? Out of the goodness of his heart? He was runner-up MVP, he was 12-5 last 3 seasons, and regardless of what some Cowboys fans believe, he us a top 10 if not top 5 QB as every team believes.

If Dallas wants to trade him and IF he agrees then they would get a bounty while hoping and praying Lance is any good or they tank under Dak in 2024 to get a QB in next year's draft which currently is thought to be the worst in a number of years. Now if Dak repeats his numbers from 2023 then we will again drafting in the 20s going into the off-season with zero QBs on the roster as this is also Lance and Rush last season.

People need to wake up and not base everything on playoffs.
Not base everything on playoffs.

“That’s why we play the GAMES”

“Playoffs, playoffs man!”

LysleE

Reaction score
Dak has had 8 seasons to show he is the QB capable of leading Dallas to playoff victories.
Time to move on from Dak altogether

Kwyn

Reaction score
The Jones family still are inactive in free agency going forward and Dak still doesn't get it done, would you feel better about him giving the Cowboys a discount?
this post is made three or four times a week

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The Cowboys got quality starter minutes out of dak on the cheap rookie contract for several years.
The Jones got him on a discount already.
They blew it by failing to give him a better supporting cast and having Garrett as HC.
What a major front office fail!
Hear ya jvb, that was a FO fail. But fast forward a little. Was the roster a fail this year? When people crack on Jerry, JJ Guardians are quick to point out that the Cowboys had the second to the most representatives selected for the pro bowl this year. Yet Dak backers say the surrounding cast needs to be better. Well which is it?

Unfortunately, the way these numbnuckles handle the salary cap, this year the window was just about as open as it can get and we got throttled by a rookie QB on a team with 0 reps. selected to the pro bowl.

Who in their right mind would wager on the Cowboys winning their Wild Card game next year? Already looking forward to the laughs coming from Cowherd. SAS, and many others.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Hear ya jvb, that was a FO fail. But fast forward a little. Was the roster a fail this year? When people crack on Jerry, JJ Guardians are quick to point out that the Cowboys had the second to the most representatives selected for the pro bowl this year. Yet Dak backers say the surrounding cast needs to be better. Well which is it?

Unfortunately, the way these numbnuckles handle the salary cap, this year the window was just about as open as it can get and we got throttled by a rookie QB on a team with 0 reps. selected to the pro bowl.

Who in their right mind would wager on the Cowboys winning their Wild Card game next year? Already looking forward to the laughs coming from Cowherd. SAS, and many others.
Bad wording by me calling Love.a rookie. Should have references him as first year starter. My bad.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Prescott doesn't need to hold out.
He just needs to:
a) refuse to sign an extension \ new contract offer from the FO;
b) continue his role/performance as the starting QB in the final year of his current contract.

Prescott will then be a free agent at the conclusion of the 2024-25 season regardless.
yes that is what i meant by hold out.
I didnt mean not play.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I agree Dak's not the answer.

Apparently Romo was not either.

We have something fundamentally wrong with this team.

Who/what is the common denominator?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Really.. how did Dak do when Zeke was suspended and Cooper wasn’t here or when prime Tyron Smith were out? Were those quality minutes? Wasn’t he basically 1-4 with 7 TOs and a broken leg when Jerry gave him this huge contract?
Daks not the answer.

Romo was not the answer.

I don't think many QBs could be post season successful with this front office
And the toxic culture they promote.

stiletto

Reaction score
So I guess by your standards, Cincinnati should move on from Joe Burrow Buffalo from Josh Allen, Jacksonville from Trevor Lawrence, Baltimore from Lamar Jackson, etc, etc. Guess Kansas City can keep Mahomes.
When those QB's are 8 (Eight) seasons in, let me know. Yes. I'd be more inclined to move away from them after a near decade of futility.

Mikexike

Reaction score
The Jones family still are inactive in free agency going forward and Dak still doesn't get it done, would you feel better about him giving the Cowboys a discount?
Who gives a dam about him, if you cant do squat in the playoffs than you are not him. Period.

Creeper

Reaction score
You would do the exact same thing if your peers were earning 60 mil per year....you wouldn't say "well you know, 45 mil is still a lot of money...what's 15 mil a year if it helps my billionaire boss out?"

No....you wouldn't do that. You would start thinking about your grandchildren....and their children, and you would want more and more of your blood generations to be set for life and taken care of.

We all would.
I have always said that players should do what is best for themselves. They should get what they can. I do not judge or fault anyone for doing that.

At the same time, I prefer players whose main goal is winning, not being the highest paid player at his position.

Toro9

Reaction score
Most fans didn’t feel good about him when he was on his rookie deal. Fans have been trashing him ever since he took over for Romo.
I liked Dak a lot on his rookie deal, aside from 2017. He looked like he'd develop into a possibly elite QB. I still think he's good but if you can't win in the playoffs, what good are you? You're just decent.

I could see him being a great backup with another team in 3-4 years. A guy who could get a team through half the season while the starter is recovering from an injury.

But I think he's reached his ceiling and we should be moving on soon. Will we? I have my doubts. I could see him retiring as a Cowboy. I also could see the organization not drafting a legitimate successor to groom whole Dak is on the roster. They're just in love with the guy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I liked Dak a lot on his rookie deal, aside from 2017. He looked like he'd develop into a possibly elite QB. I still think he's good but if you can't win in the playoffs, what good are you? You're just decent.

I could see him being a great backup with another team in 3-4 years. A guy who could get a team through half the season while the starter is recovering from an injury.

But I think he's reached his ceiling and we should be moving on soon. Will we? I have my doubts. I could see him retiring as a Cowboy. I also could see the organization not drafting a legitimate successor to groom whole Dak is on the roster. They're just in love with the guy.
You have to ask yourself how many QBs win in the playoffs? Another question is how many QBs consistently make the playoffs? The answer to both is not many. Despite Dak’s failures he’s one of the top QBs in the league. He’s a lot better than his own fan base gives him credit for. It’s not that anyone is in love with Dak. It’s that it’s going to be hard finding someone better. If we move on and don’t have a QB that at least measures up to him we’re going to struggle.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak shows continuously that he folds under pressure in big games against good teams….why pay him ANYTHING? It’s waste of time literally.

Toro9

Reaction score
You have to ask yourself how many QBs win in the playoffs? Another question is how many QBs consistently make the playoffs? The answer to both is not many. Despite Dak’s failures he’s one of the top QBs in the league. He’s a lot better than his own fan base gives him credit for. It’s not that anyone is in love with Dak. It’s that it’s going to be hard finding someone better. If we move on and don’t have a QB that at least measures up to him we’re going to struggle.
I like Dak but he has some games where he is just BAD and I don't understand it a lot of the time. Sure, if you're running for your life or you have no running game that can lead to bad games but to me many of them are inexplicable.

Big_D

Reaction score
There will be no discount.. we’re looking at close to 63M per.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Dak has had 8 seasons to show he is the QB capable of leading Dallas to playoff victories.
Time to move on from Dak altogether
McCarthy has had 4 seasons to show he is the Head Coach capable of leading Dallas to playoff victories.
Time to move on from McCarthy altogether.

Jerry has gad 28 seasons to show he is the General Manager capable of building a team that can return to a Conference Championship Game and contend for Super Bowls. Time to move on from Jerry altogether.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
There will be no discount.. we’re looking at close to 63M per.
Why should he?

The team gives him no real coaching help and is literally giving him less talent this year. Why would you want to stay on with an Owner who isn't serious about winning?