If Dak took a discount

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I like Dak but he has some games where he is just BAD and I don't understand it a lot of the time. Sure, if you're running for your life or you have no running game that can lead to bad games but to me many of them are inexplicable.
Every QB has bad games. His worst games have come when the team/defense has played terrible and we don’t have a running game. He’s also had a lot of great games where he’s carried the offense for over 400 yards passing and 3-5 TDs. The big complaint with him has been in the playoffs but the team has also played poorly. I have my issues with Dak but it’s not going to be easy finding a QB that can play to his level during the regular season and also perform at high level consistently in the playoffs when the defense and running game disappears.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
This is so stupid he’s like I want the make dollars possible and the team is liek
we are losing can we pay you less
And he’s like na
And the team is liek ok sya bye to your tackle and your running back
And he’s like lol

LysleE

Reaction score
McCarthy has had 4 seasons to show he is the Head Coach capable of leading Dallas to playoff victories.
Time to move on from McCarthy altogether.

Jerry has gad 28 seasons to show he is the General Manager capable of building a team that can return to a Conference Championship Game and contend for Super Bowls. Time to move on from Jerry altogether.
Absolute truth!

Robster8989

Reaction score
LOL, why would he take a discount? Out of the goodness of his heart? He was runner-up MVP, he was 12-5 last 3 seasons, and regardless of what some Cowboys fans believe, he us a top 10 if not top 5 QB as every team believes.

If Dallas wants to trade him and IF he agrees then they would get a bounty while hoping and praying Lance is any good or they tank under Dak in 2024 to get a QB in next year's draft which currently is thought to be the worst in a number of years. Now if Dak repeats his numbers from 2023 then we will again drafting in the 20s going into the off-season with zero QBs on the roster as this is also Lance and Rush last season.

People need to wake up and not base everything on playoffs.
Your last sentance is one of the funniest things I've ever seen regarding professional sports.
Dude, the playoffs are THE point.
Think of all of the greatest athletes, Brady, Mahomes, Montana, MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bird, LeBron etc.
They are all measured by their playoff performances.
No one cares about how they did in the regular season, it's how they performed in the playoffs, and how many Chips they won, that they are measured by.
I like Dak, but you can't make someone with his playoff record the highest paid player in the league.
Come on man, everyone saw the look in his eyes in the GB fiasco. He was terrified, the moment was too big for him.
I would have been for an extension that worked for the team financially. I still believe he COULD win a SB, but he would need a juggernaught team surrounding him, and you can't do that with a 60 million hit.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak takes a discount and Lamb and or Parsons eats it up. Lamb is waiting for the next big WR to get a deal so he can ask for more. And Parsons wants the moon. Does he deserve it. Let’s see how he is used this season. He is worn down by post season. He was getting the holding calls and should have taken over the game.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They can let Dak go, then sign Carson Wentz for a lot cheaper. A good starter, and should be able to get 7 or 8 wins out of him..
Brian Hoyer or Matt Barkley is also an option.
You really want wentz. Seriously. Dak beat him out easy. I think fowls was the sb winner. And he would have sucked if not for a good defense and game plan for fowls by the coaching staff.

Teams are more evenly talented in playoffs and it takes coaching also.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Who in their right mind would give a Billionaire a discount? No discount for Jerry Jones.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak taking a discount doesn't guarantee Stephen builds a better team around him. Dak could sign the same deal Cousins did and it wouldn't change anything. Let's not be so crazy to think Dak is taking a Carson Wentz deal.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's not taking a discount, in his pea brain he thinks he is as good as Mahomes. LMAO....Mahomes, smh