If Dak was to go 0-6 as a starter without Zeke will he look like a fraud?

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Kind of like wentz? Who went 7 and 9 last year, but now has one of the best defenses and a loaded offense?

Wentz wasn't looking that good in the 1st half but was able to pull it together and lead his team to victory

you know why? Because he gets his team in the endzone. Our first 3 trips to the redzone was 3 FG's

kevm3

Reaction score
Wentz wasn't looking that good in the 1st half but was able to pull it together and lead his team to victory

you know why? Because he gets his team in the endzone. Our first 3 trips to the redzone was 3 FG's

He gets his team in the endzone because he has a coaching staff that makes adjustments, an .O line that kept our defensive line off of him, running backs that were busting for huge gains and wide receivers that caught the ball. Oh yea, lets not forget about a defense that actually knows how to get turnovers and can catch the ball when its near them.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
He gets his team in the endzone because he has a coaching staff that makes adjustments, an .O line that kept our defensive line off of him, running backs that were busting for huge gains and wide receivers that caught the ball.

Dak is looking like a fraud and he has 4 more games to prove otherwise

starcity214

Reaction score
Yes because those are all equivalent.....

I just don't get why people expect Dak to turn into Marino. What does being a second year player have to do with it? As I have said previously, Dak is what he is. An Alex Smith clone. I understand that people might say that with practice Dak can get better but as Collinsworth said tonight, there are things you just can't coach. I remember watching the Pro Bowl QB skills competition last year and Dak was the only one that couldn't hit a single target. Funny thing is, the commentator mentioned that Dak was the only QB that had practiced doing so the day before and he still couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I just don't understand why fans think he'll be "fine". What does that mean anyway?

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Since when did this game become 1 vs.11? Did anyone think that when Drew Brees team had a horrible season? No! It's still a team game the last time I played and checked!

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he's consistently making bad decisions and bad throws all game long, several games in a row? Sure. But with this Tecmo Bowl offensive scheme we have, there are very few QB's (and Wentz ain't one of them) that could execute when the opposing defense knows the 4 different plays . Add in the fact that our defense can't consistently deal with a 50/50 pass/rush down situation and it's no surprise that a true balanced team beat us.

Cebrin

Reaction score
This whole premise makes me so dang angry. He'll get a pass, even tho Romo was hung from the rafters for far less, with a lot less talent surrounding him. Whatever, tho. It's no so much Zeke being out, as it is Tyrone Smith being hurt, and suddenly we give up 12 sacks in 2 games. Even WITH a big, mobile QB. I didn't put all the blame on Romo, and I won't Prescott.

School

Reaction score
Dak seems to have entered a sophomore slump. Starting around the Washington game, his passing has taken a turn south. He got away with a few ill-advised throws in the KC game that could've easily led to interceptions.

Fortunately he has a larger sample size of good play and good decision making, so I bet he snaps out of it eventually.