If Dak was to go 0-6 as a starter without Zeke will he look like a fraud?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm not even completely ruling out Dallas pulling off the upset this week, let alone losing 6 straight.
:flagwave:

But in any case, you have to look at the individual player as well as the team. If he plays well but we can't run it or stop anyone on defense, then he might share the blame much less than if he stunk it up every week. Team game

Doesn't matter; they aren't going 0-6

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It always baffles me how so many fans treat anybody who isn't already a Hall of Fame lock like they're garbage. BUT BUT BUT BRADY COULD DO IT is a meaningless statement because he literally has no peers, living or dead.

Sure, Dak isn't that guy, OK, you got us. It's an argument that isn't even wrong, it just doesn't mean anything if you give it any thought.

I didn't mean it as a criticism.

Lots of QB's have had HOF careers and not been elite passers like Tony Romo.

Big Bens career has been filled with 200 yard passing days. Eli Manning is a 2 time Superbowl champion.

Dak is in that category of passer imo. He's not going to be a 300 and 2 or 3 TD guy consistently and im perfectly fine with that.

Reactions: Coy

DFWJC

Reaction score
Some of you around here underestimate Dak.

Anyway...Here's some trivia that some will find hard to believe; in his entire career, Dallas never even lost more than 2 games in a row with Romo under center the entire game.
Never even 3 in row. Not once.
And there were a few teams way worse than this one.

Dak is not Moore or Weeden.
He's very good.
And even without a couple of great players, this team overall is not nearly as bad as they showed last week.
So, no I just don't see Dallas going on an extended losing streak with this team (even if some are injured) while Dak is under center.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread........

giphy.gif
Yep. Just another yearly/monthly/weekly/daily/hourly incarnation of the same thread seen for over a decade. Only the quarterback's name has changed.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I don't think so. But it would make it kinda clear who the straw that stirs the drink in Dallas actually might be...
Well you're answering yes to will people think he's a fraud. A sentence doesn't have to mean exactly what it says and this is an example of it. Your answer is basically the same as what OP is asking in different words. To answer the question for better or worse yes that's how he would be looked at but personally I'd have to see how he was doing in the games not just wins and losses.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Aikman looked like a fraud without Emmitt and he definitely wasn’t. Team team team

:thumbup:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
This is a loaded question. Basically a question designed to give the worst case scenario so everyone can say, yeah Dak sucks. Not at all a question designed to lead towards logical conversations.
No it's not. Some of y'all need to stop being groupies about this guy and answer the question without all the jibber jabber lol. I was able to give a answer that's logical why can't others? Are you trying to say they aren't logical because the question can definitely be answered logically.

marius

Reaction score
I disagree, the problem its not Dak, the problesm its the coaches, and all the players who are not giving their maximum, for example, Dak dont have an elite WR, an dont have a solid 2nd WR. the lost of leary its hurting this OL, the back issue of T smith are very worrying, the defense are very inconsistent, Lee is very prone to injury and the defense depend on him, the defense have a rookie backfield; this team have a very dangerous problems, is far from being an elite team, we need to see the reality, the team have many holes that are becoming evident. and that if the cowboys are not aggressive in the next preseason, they will not be able to fill them if not until after several years. for example:
1.- The cowboys need and emblematic HC, not a picture, a real HC
2.- the team need an elite WR a real 1st WR.
3.- they need better coaches in general
4 .- a good LG and a RT and a good LT as insurance of tyron
5 .- a solid 2nd WR.
6 .- at least 2 good LBs.
7 .- to give a contract extension to D law, Irving and Martin.
8 .- a good DT
9 .- a better safetys.

this team its far to be the america's team again.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I mean there is no way he can be taken seriously as a starter if he can't win one game without zeke. True starters find a way to be successful even when players are missing in the lineup not just struggle until players come back. So for example, if pressure is coming from the left side again this week is he smart enough to play to his right side and throw pass to the middle or to the right? Or will he continue to stand in the pocket knowing their is pressure from one side? Being a NFL starter is more than just throwing the ball down the field. You also need to play smart and figure out what works well and read defenses

Agree or Disagree?

Yes, he would look like a fraud, while there likely would be multiple reasons for the team to have played that poorly that had little to do with the quarterback. Most fans and commentators fail to look past the superficial, though.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I mean there is no way he can be taken seriously as a starter if he can't win one game without zeke. True starters find a way to be successful even when players are missing in the lineup not just struggle until players come back. So for example, if pressure is coming from the left side again this week is he smart enough to play to his right side and throw pass to the middle or to the right? Or will he continue to stand in the pocket knowing their is pressure from one side? Being a NFL starter is more than just throwing the ball down the field. You also need to play smart and figure out what works well and read defenses

Agree or Disagree?
Well I have to disagree first of all the quarterback doesn't go 0-6 the team does.
The cowboys were not prepared
properly for this game, so they
got beat.
Dak plays the way his coaches tell him to play.
It all starts with the coaches, game plan etc.
Dallas won't go 0-6.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't see how it happens. I mean I can see us losing 6 because JG is an awful coach, but Dak has too much fight in him and too much character. He was running around for his life last week and was really the only offense we really had. He made a beautiful throw to Beasley that was called back for none other than Green's hold that would have put us at the 25 to possibly go up 14-3.

I'm sick of the coaches around here I really am.

And they will just get another pass.

That's all we do around here.

We should've gone after Andy Reid the second the Eagles fired him but we didn't.

Harbaugh is the best available but that's probably too good to be true.

I would take Sean Payton in a second.

My problem with Reid and Payton though is that they get away from the run game at times and with Zeke you just can't do that.

slick325

Reaction score
Well you're answering yes to will people think he's a fraud. A sentence doesn't have to mean exactly what it says and this is an example of it. Your answer is basically the same as what OP is asking in different words. To answer the question for better or worse yes that's how he would be looked at but personally I'd have to see how he was doing in the games not just wins and losses.

Not true Philmonroe. I have stated this already but I'll state it again for you...I believed then and I believe now that Emmitt Smith was the best player on those SB winning star studded teams. Best player on the best team in the League. That did not mean that Troy Aikman was not a great player. Or that Michael Irvin was not a great player. The list goes on and on, Larry Allen, Deion Sanders, Big E, Woody, Novachek, Moose, Nate Newton, etc. IMO, Emmitt was the best of the bunch and the straw that stirred the drink. Not sure many from those on the teams or around the League at that time would debate that.

Put it this way, Michael Jordan was the best player on the best basketball team ever assembled, The Dream Team. Does that mean that Magic, Bird, etc. were fraudulent because he was better than all of the others?

As it pertains to this current team, it is possible for Dak to be good, Witt to be good, Tyron, Dez, Zach Martin, Fred Beard, and Sean Lee to be good and Elliott still be the best player on the team. Takes nothing away from them or their skill set. That is why I said, I don't think Dak would be considered a fraud (at least in my eyes) if the team goes 0-6 during the suspension of Elliott. Football is the ultimate team sport so going 0-6 could be due to many reasons. Doesn't have to fall on Dak's shoulders alone. But, it could also mean that Elliott actually is what makes the clock tick for this version of the Dallas Cowboys.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
A season and a half in and some of you expect him to be a fully matured QB. It took some of the elites 3-5 yrs to become elite, and dak has already surpassed what most of the elites have done in their first 2 seasons...So relax and let him grow!

AzorAhai

Reaction score
No it's not. Some of y'all need to stop being groupies about this guy and answer the question without all the jibber jabber lol. I was able to give a answer that's logical why can't others? Are you trying to say they aren't logical because the question can definitely be answered logically.
He literally went back and added not scoring over 17 points in any of the losses when someone mentioned the team scoring a lot of points and still losing. You are lying to yourself if you think he didn’t want a specific answer.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Not true Philmonroe. I have stated this already but I'll state it again for you...I believed then and I believe now that Emmitt Smith was the best player on those SB winning star studded teams. Best player on the best team in the League. That did not mean that Troy Aikman was not a great player. Or that Michael Irvin was not a great player. The list goes on and on, Larry Allen, Deion Sanders, Big E, Woody, Novachek, Moose, Nate Newton, etc. IMO, Emmitt was the best of the bunch and the straw that stirred the drink. Not sure many from those on the teams or around the League at that time would debate that.

Put it this way, Michael Jordan was the best player on the best basketball team ever assembled, The Dream Team. Does that mean that Magic, Bird, etc. were fraudulent because he was better than all of the others?

As it pertains to this current team, it is possible for Dak to be good, Witt to be good, Tyron, Dez, Zach Martin, Fred Beard, and Sean Lee to be good and Elliott still be the best player on the team. Takes nothing away from them or their skill set. That is why I said, I don't think Dak would be considered a fraud (at least in my eyes) if the team goes 0-6 during the suspension of Elliott. Football is the ultimate team sport so going 0-6 could be due to many reasons. Doesn't have to fall on Dak's shoulders alone. But, it could also mean that Elliott actually is what makes the clock tick for this version of the Dallas Cowboys.
You typed too much is that you Dak? My opinion doesn't change you answered the same exact question in different words. Your eyes aren't the majority and I also said I don't think he will be a fraud personally but I know what will be said.

He literally went back and added not scoring over 17 points in any of the losses when someone mentioned the team scoring a lot of points and still losing. You are lying to yourself if you think he didn’t want a specific answer.
I have no reason to lie to myself so maybe you're lying to yourself. He didn't want a specific answer because unless you're emotional you could answer the question like it was asked in a yes or no manner. Don't see how that makes it skewed towards one side. It was quite easy for me to do so but maybe your emotions on this issue won't let you answer logically.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
People still foolishly trying to pin wins and losses on the QB position.

It's a stupid practice. When are people going to get that?

Verdict

Reaction score
Probably not based on his body of work so far. We didn't seem to throw that may passes to Beasley in this game and we didn't score many points as a result. We started off the game with the force the ball to Dez game plan and it sucked.

We have to move the chains. Rod Smith is probably our best back now so that's not saying much. Beasley and the other receivers are going to have to step up. Dez needs to be more than a .500 receiver or quit throwing him the ******* ball. I wouldn't throw him the ball an entire game just to make a point. Either get open or you are out of the game plan.

The OL was bad the last game. But just like I said before Atlanta really needed that win even more than we did and those situations are hard to win, especially on the road. The Eagles face a similar situation against us this weekend. In theory we should play above our heads this week.

Expect the defense to put more pressure on Wentz than he has experienced the entire season. Maybe even more blitzing. The DBs will be on an island more than usual this week. That's what I think.