If Dak was to go 0-6 as a starter without Zeke will he look like a fraud?

erod

Reaction score
Lots of quarterbacks have done it without elite running backs. Brady, Peyton, Farve, Brees, Rodgers, Newton, Wilson, Eli, etc, etc. Wentz doesn't have anything like Zeke in his backfield.

Look at 2015.

Dallas with Romo: 3-1
Dallas w/o Romo: 1-11

If the run game isn't working (the VAST majority don't), your QB has to take control and go win the game. That is the NFL.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
You typed too much is that you Dak? My opinion doesn't change you answered the same exact question in different words. Your eyes aren't the majority and I also said I don't think he will be a fraud personally but I know what will be said.

I have no reason to lie to myself so maybe you're lying to yourself. He didn't want a specific answer because unless you're emotional you could answer the question like it was asked in a yes or no manner. Don't see how that makes it skewed towards one side. It was quite easy for me to do so but maybe your emotions on this issue won't let you answer logically.
If the Cowboys go 0-6, Score less than 17 points and win the 7th game is a loaded question. It is a very specific set of guidelines with one answer in mind. I’m sorry if you can’t understand that.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I mean there is no way he can be taken seriously as a starter if he can't win one game without zeke. True starters find a way to be successful even when players are missing in the lineup not just struggle until players come back. So for example, if pressure is coming from the left side again this week is he smart enough to play to his right side and throw pass to the middle or to the right? Or will he continue to stand in the pocket knowing their is pressure from one side? Being a NFL starter is more than just throwing the ball down the field. You also need to play smart and figure out what works well and read defenses

Agree or Disagree?
Bet anything you want Dak doesn't go 0-6. This is a non story and only something Dak haters would think about.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If the Cowboys go 0-6, Score less than 17 points and win the 7th game is a loaded question. It is a very specific set of guidelines with one answer in mind. I’m sorry if you can’t understand that.
A "loaded" question some still seemed to answer without all that blah blah blah you posting. Again if you can't answer certain questions that's on you. Yep I understood the question so much I was still able to answer it with no problems but I can't understand though. Sounds good.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Even Wentz struggled last year without a running game, and offensive line/receiver at least in his case. This year he struggled in the first 2 games where Peterson completely ignored the run. They ended up losing to Kansas City a game they would have won if they played the way they have been after that game. Peterson got tarred and feathered in the media and by members of the team.

Plankton

Reaction score
People are in such a rush to have a referendum on players, teams and coaches. I get people banging on the coaching staff - they have been in place for a long time. I get people banging on Jerry Jones - he has more than earned any disdain cast his way.

A second year quarterback? Insanity.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Even Wentz struggled last year without a running game, and offensive line/receiver at least in his case. This year he struggled in the first 2 games where Peterson completely ignored the run. They ended up losing to Kansas City a game they would have won if they played the way they have been after that game. Peterson got tarred and feathered in the media and by members of the team.

Wentz takes risks and plays like a leader

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
If this offfense scores single digits again while playing on national tv at night at home then dak will look like a fraud

We dont have to win but i want to see more offensive production

AzorAhai

Reaction score
A "loaded" question some still seemed to answer without all that blah blah blah you posting. Again if you can't answer certain questions that's on you. Yep I understood the question so much I was still able to answer it with no problems but I can't understand though. Sounds good.
You’re admitting it was a loaded question. Exactly as I said and exactly the opposite of what you first replied to me with when you said it wasn’t.

sean10mm

Reaction score
WHAT IF HE'S TERRIBLE AT EVERYTHING SUDDENLY is a dumb hypothetical. Why don't we give him a chance to maybe... keep being good?

I didn't mean it as a criticism.

Lots of QB's have had HOF careers and not been elite passers like Tony Romo.

Big Bens career has been filled with 200 yard passing days. Eli Manning is a 2 time Superbowl champion.

Dak is in that category of passer imo. He's not going to be a 300 and 2 or 3 TD guy consistently and im perfectly fine with that.

I was agreeing with you, sorry that wasn't clear. Dak is good like you said. Him not being PEERLESS WORLD BEATER is not a meaningful complaint, but people keep making it anyway.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You’re admitting it was a loaded question. Exactly as I said and exactly the opposite of what you first replied to me with when you said it wasn’t.
Im not admitting nothing. I'm saying the question can be answered whether it's loaded or not and can't understand why you can't. If you're so insecure you need me to be wrong **** I'm wrong.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
No, Dak is hamstrung with a group of WRs that cant get much separation{if any} and a TE who cant get more than 8 yards downfield, as well as below average coaching/playcalling.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
As usual, it depends on how it happens. We lost 2 games without Lee and Dak was excellent. And it was difficult to gauge how well Dak played against Atlanta because when he had some semblance of time to throw he was good, but he rarely had time to throw as Chaz Green was a catastrophe. So if the offense sucks because Green can’t block, it’s hard to downgrade Dak for it. Although I’m certain many will.

YR

AzorAhai

Reaction score
For some reason that reasoning didn't apply to Romo when he was here.
It did to people who hadn’t made up their mind about Romo already. The same people who bashed Romo will be the same people who bash Dak if he doesn’t win a SB very soon. The same people who defended Romo will be the same that end up defending Dak(as long as his play stays at a high level). The outliers are people like erod who are clinging so hard to Romo they feel like praising Dak is a sin. But those people are exactly that. Outliers.