If Dallas Passes On DeCastro For A Corner, How Will You Feel?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
CB, DL, OL, LB.....why would anyone object to any of these in round 1?

Don't know what will happen in FA, but right now, with the current roster, we need a starting CB much more than an upgrade at OG.

Right now Jenkins and Scandrick are the only CBs you'd even want to see on the field, and that's not good.

I hope Jenkins proves he's grown up, because he's my pick having shut down Blackburn and the kid from SC....he's a true cover cb who could start opposite Jenkins on day 1, keeping Scandrick on the slot.

EJ Blue

Reaction score
durrrr;4429207 said:
I understand where you're coming from, but you could just as easily argue that finally drafting an OL in the first round shows that the team is finally making it a priority.
I get it, but I'm just trying to look at it through Jerry's eyes.

On draft day, I'd take DeCastro, who can start instantly instead of Jenkins. The inconsistency of rookie CBs frighten me, especially in today's pass happy NFL, and additionally, he's a little guy. It's best to look for proven CBs in free agency.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
DeCastro isnt going to be there at 14. I am watching the combine today and it is like there favorite toy there...Decastro this,Decastro that. Hell they are using him as an example to lead off the drills. We need secondary help....IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
durrrr;4429207 said:
I understand where you're coming from, but you could just as easily argue that finally drafting an OL in the first round shows that the team is finally making it a priority.

Finally drafting one and then seeing the results of that decision this year.

What moron would draft Tyron in the 1st round, watch him play this year and think we shouldn't do that again?

The fact that we made that pick makes it more likely we'll do it again.

durrrr

Reaction score
EJ Blue;4429220 said:
I get it, but I'm just trying to look at it through Jerry's eyes.

On draft day, I'd take DeCastro, who can start instantly instead of Jenkins. The inconsistency of rookie CBs frighten me, especially in today's pass happy NFL, and additionally, he's a little guy. It's best to look for proven CBs in free agency.

Pretty much exactly what I want to happen. Sign a CB like Tracy Porter (who I think is a more realistic option than Brandon Carr) and hope you can get DeCastro at 14.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
durrrr;4429230 said:
Pretty much exactly what I want to happen. Sign a CB like Tracy Porter (who I think is a more realistic option than Brandon Carr) and hope you can get DeCastro at 14.
Me too.

jnday

Reaction score
Chuck 54;4429216 said:
CB, DL, OL, LB.....why would anyone object to any of these in round 1?

Don't know what will happen in FA, but right now, with the current roster, we need a starting CB much more than an upgrade at OG.

Right now Jenkins and Scandrick are the only CBs you'd even want to see on the field, and that's not good.

I hope Jenkins proves he's grown up, because he's my pick having shut down Blackburn and the kid from SC....he's a true cover cb who could start opposite Jenkins on day 1, keeping Scandrick on the slot.

It would be easy to object when the corners that will be available , has character concerns . You don't take a chance that these guys have grown up with the 14th pick .

RS12

Reaction score
Risen Star;4429152 said:
Like we still don't have a clue on how to build a football team.

This. If Mike Haynes or Deion was sitting there, it would be one thing, however it is all about either pass rush or pass protection. BTW none of the corners in the draft are Haynes or Deion.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4429148 said:
IMO, worst case scenario.

Just wondering what others thought.

Great. You can always get a decent guard in the second round or FA. Not so for cornerback.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Risen Star;4429227 said:
Finally drafting one and then seeing the results of that decision this year.

What moron would draft Tyron in the 1st round, watch him play this year and think we shouldn't do that again?

The fact that we made that pick makes it more likely we'll do it again.

What moron looks at teams like New England and NYG and thinks every lineman on the team has to be a first round pick?

EJ Blue

Reaction score
baj1dallas;4429269 said:
What moron looks at teams like New England and NYG and thinks every lineman on the team has to be a first round pick?
Actually, the Giants could have benefited from a 1st round lineman or two, their OL sucks. Not that it matters anymore.

Tex

Reaction score
baj1dallas;4429269 said:

Ok here is a twist on the original question. Worth asking after some of the combine results are coming in for the OL.

So if Decastro is gone at 14, would you still take say Cordy Glenn at 14 over the CB's? I think Glenn is going to jump up a lot of draft boards after his combine workouts.

Tex

Kristen82

Reaction score
durrrr;4429230 said:

Don't we need a starting-quality CB with some size? StinkyBall is the only guy taller than 6' and everyone else is 5'11" or shorter.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
People will lose their minds when Jerry Jones drafts a tight end.