If Dallas Passes On DeCastro For A Corner, How Will You Feel?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Risen Star;4429346 said:
Probably because he didn't ice his kicker. Check the replay. That timeout was called with plenty of time to prevent the kick. The kicker chose to take a practice kick.

Honestly, why is this even relevant? If you can't handle having to kick it again, find a new line of work. You're not an NFL kicker.
I agree 100%

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
baj1dallas;4429261 said:
Great. You can always get a decent guard in the second round or FA. Not so for cornerback.
Really, because Hosley, Boykin, Gilmore, Hayward and Minnefield all have 2nd round grades.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Risen Star;4429346 said:
Probably because he didn't ice his kicker. Check the replay. That timeout was called with plenty of time to prevent the kick. The kicker chose to take a practice kick.

Honestly, why is this even relevant? If you can't handle having to kick it again, find a new line of work. You're not an NFL kicker.

Don't dog our kicker, dude! He was a bright spot last year for the Cowboys!

So he missed the kick, show me a kicker that makes all of them.

durrrr

Reaction score
therootschick;4429284 said:
Don't we need a starting-quality CB with some size? StinkyBall is the only guy taller than 6' and everyone else is 5'11" or shorter.

more than anything we need a CB that can cover

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
durrrr;4429413 said:
more than anything we need a CB that can cover

No CB can cover if you cannot get pressure on the opposing QB. I do know that the Cowboys need to get rid of Newman and bring in someone else, but we need some pass rushers in a bad way.

durrrr

Reaction score
5Stars;4429424 said:
No CB can cover if you cannot get pressure on the opposing QB. I do know that the Cowboys need to get rid of Newman and bring in someone else, but we need some pass rushers in a bad way.

Sure. But even with an improved pass rush, if all you've got at CB is Jenkins and Scandrick, your defense is still going to be easily exploited.

edit - if you think I'm saying that the Cowboys need a CB more than anything, you misunderstood. I'm saying the most important trait of any CB we add is the ability to cover; finding a big CB is less important.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
durrrr;4429435 said:
Sure. But even with an improved pass rush, if all you've got at CB is Jenkins and Scandrick, your defense is still going to be easily exploited.

It's all relative really. I do think we need another good CB like you say, but, dude, we need someone to get to the QB besides Ware.

Remember when McSlob scrambled for 15 seconds then completed a pass? I don't remember who the CB's were at that time, but the Cowboys need pass rushers in a bad way.

I don't know who is out there, but I do know that Newman needs to either roll, or take a back seat.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
jnday;4429314 said:
I guess every good cornerback in the NFL was a first round pick and I am sure that there has never been a good cornerback signed in free agency . Did you even think about this post before hitting the submit button ?

I certainly thought about the fact that it's 100x easier to pick up a serviceable guard than it is a serviceable cornerback.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Risen Star;4429331 said:
What moron thinks we can find later round offensive linemen like other teams can?

Better yet, what moron wants to address our most critical need with later round picks? Let alone on a team so bad at evaluating the position.

we're bad at evaluating talent so you want us to possibly blow a pick on that position?

marchetta

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4429148 said:
If Dallas Passes On DeCastro For A Corner, How Will You Feel?.

Before, or after, I chuck my keyboard through my monitor. ;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
baj1dallas;4429450 said:
we're bad at evaluating talent so you want us to possibly blow a pick on that position?

You can blow a pick on a CB just as much as you can blow a pick on any other position. The draft is a crap shoot.

But, the Cowboys need to fix the oline so that Romo at least has a chance of finishing a season. A CB is not gong to keep Tony upright.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
marchetta;4429453 said:
Before, or after, I chuck my keyboard through my monitor. ;)

I really, really hope DeCastro is there for the picking.

;)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
jnday;4429250 said:
It would be easy to object when the corners that will be available , has character concerns . You don't take a chance that these guys have grown up with the 14th pick .

That's what guys get paid a lot of money for...to do the homework...character issues early in college don't mean issues now....Dez had plenty of issues....Irvin had plenty even in the nfl.

I'm fine with OL if we find a cb to start in FA, but it's silly for guys to be so adamant about #14 before we see where we are after FA.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too upset truthfully but I want to see what happens in free agency. I really want to upgrade our secondary. If we pick up ol through free agency then I'm all for corner. But if we pick up corner and then pick up a corner in the first ill be pretty pissed. We need to upgrade multiple positions this off season

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Although I prefer DeCastro, I can't see why picking a CB would be condemned since it is one of our top needs.

If Dallas has a corner rated higher than DeCastro, then I want Dallas to take the corner. (I don't think any that will be available at that time will be higher-rated, but ... )

To me, this is much like people complaining about the Sean Lee pick in the second round a couple of years ago. Let Dallas follow its board and be happy about it.

And this goes for if Dallas picks neither a corner or a guard. We need to strengthen this roster with the best picks we can make, period. Need, of course, has to be factored in, but we're lucky that we have a lot of needs. :D

My priority, though, all things being equal, would be the trenches.

durrrr

Reaction score
5Stars;4429442 said:
It's all relative really. I do think we need another good CB like you say, but, dude, we need someone to get to the QB besides Ware.

I don't disagree. I wasn't saying we need a CB more than any other position, I was saying we need a CB that can cover more than we need a CB with size.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
gimmesix;4429468 said:
Although I prefer DeCastro, I can't see why picking a CB would be condemned since it is one of our top needs.

If Dallas has a corner rated higher than DeCastro, then I want Dallas to take the corner. (I don't think any that will be available at that time will be higher-rated, but ... )

And this goes for it Dallas picks neither a corner or a guard. We need to strengthen this roster with the best picks we can make, period. Need, of course, has to be factored in, but we're lucky that we have a lot of needs. :D

:laugh2:

(stupid cowboy fans)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
durrrr;4429469 said:
I don't disagree. I wasn't saying we need a CB more than any other position, I was saying we need a CB that can cover more than we need a CB with size.

You know what, bro? We need a coach that can teach our CB's to look for the damn ball! Size does matter, maybe to a woman. But, even an undersized, athletic player that actually looks for the ball can make a big difference in how that play works out.

Getting rid of Campo might be the piece of the puzzle that was missing.

;)

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Bowdown27;4429466 said:
I wouldn't be too upset truthfully but I want to see what happens in free agency.

Guess this is my issue. Who we draft is so wide open right now cause we haven't even gone through free agency yet and the combine isn't even over. Hopefully our staff isn't close-minded and can be more flexible in our evaluations of players for this team.

Free agency will be much more important on the direction of this team this coming season.