If ET Was Worth a 2nd + $10-11 mill just 6 months ago, how is $14 too rich?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
At the trade deadline they offered a second round pick for ET and Seattle said no. We also know from reports that they offered ET $10-11 million when free agency started and ET said no.

Now I only have a UT education (you know, one of the schools people are cheating to send their kids to) so maybe I am missing something.

How is 2nd pick + $10-11 = great deal, but $14 million and keeping your 2nd round pick =bad deal.

Using that logic, they are saying that $3 million out of $188 million cap is more important than a 2nd round pick. No other way to logically explain they would do the first deal but not the second deal.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
At the trade deadline they offered a second round pick for ET and Seattle said no. We also know from reports that they offered ET $10-11 million when free agency started and ET said no.

Now I only have a UT education (you know, one of the schools people are cheating to send their kids to) so maybe I am missing something.

How is 2nd pick + $10-11 = great deal, but $14 million and keeping your 2nd round pick =bad deal.

Using that logic, they are saying that $3 million out of $188 million cap is more important than a 2nd round pick. No other way to logically explain they would do the first deal but not the second deal.
Salary cap reasons.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score

Exactly.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

UT is very high worldwide on the list of prestigious school

Im baffled though. They seemed prepared to go all in on ET last year then pulled up lame at the moment of truth.

When it comes down to it, I think we just jave a truely nutless organization. They will make an aggressive move if they are backed against the wall.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys never acknowledged that they offered a pick for ET.

Those types of stories are often "leaked" to the media by a team or agent trying to get interest in player or sometimes teams do it for PR reasons.

In the flip side, ET might have been willing to sign for much less if a team like the Cowboys would trade for him because he really wanted out of Seattle before the 2018 season.

DMX690

Reaction score
Why does it matter. This team could have a bunch of all pros, the result will still be the same. When you have a goof as the head coach. I'm glad they didn't sign anyone. It a waste of money. Get rid of Garrett, then start spending.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
That money will now go towards Cooper's extension. Thomas is also a year older and coming off of his 2nd major injury in 3 years.

We have 6 pro-bowl level players whose rookie contracts will end in the next 2 seasons. Only so much money and franchise tags to go around.