If ET Was Worth a 2nd + $10-11 mill just 6 months ago, how is $14 too rich?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
So a man retiring is the same as quitting?
Well you could quite easily say Beasley "Retired" from football and then changed his mind.
Quitting was Witten's interpretation of what Beasley did.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think another season dealing with injury played a big part in Dallas cooling their jets on Thomas. I think they would loved to have gotten him but on their terms. age plus injuries over last 3 season can do that to the mindset

Dorsett33

Reaction score
At the trade deadline they offered a second round pick for ET and Seattle said no. We also know from reports that they offered ET $10-11 million when free agency started and ET said no.

Now I only have a UT education (you know, one of the schools people are cheating to send their kids to) so maybe I am missing something.

How is 2nd pick + $10-11 = great deal, but $14 million and keeping your 2nd round pick =bad deal.

Using that logic, they are saying that $3 million out of $188 million cap is more important than a 2nd round pick. No other way to logically explain they would do the first deal but not the second deal.
Well....he'll be a year older and coming off another injury. I think 10-11 million is too high. I for one am glad he moved on.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Well you could quite easily say Beasley "Retired" from football and then changed his mind.
Quitting is usually applied when you haven't accomplished anything before you retire your effort.

DFWJC

Reaction score
At the trade deadline they offered a second round pick for ET and Seattle said no. We also know from reports that they offered ET $10-11 million when free agency started and ET said no.

Now I only have a UT education (you know, one of the schools people are cheating to send their kids to) so maybe I am missing something.

How is 2nd pick + $10-11 = great deal, but $14 million and keeping your 2nd round pick =bad deal.

Using that logic, they are saying that $3 million out of $188 million cap is more important than a 2nd round pick. No other way to logically explain they would do the first deal but not the second deal.

1) many say we offered a 3rd and they wanted a 2nd
2) Since then...Earl Thomas broke his leg so badly that he needed pins in October...his second major leg injury in 3 years

ItzKelz

Reaction score

season ending injury.....

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Witten played many years before walking away, he didn't walk away after he was drafted!

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Quitting is usually applied when you haven't accomplished anything before you retire your effort.
Not necessarily at all!
There are lots of instances where people have work and been successful then suddenly had enough and quit.
Witten was offered another job and took it putting the Cowboys in an a bit of a bind just before the draft.
I say good luck to him but I could see why people would say the quit the team.

Cebrin

Reaction score
14m on an aging player who keeps getting hurt is dumb. Legion of boom is dead.

lostar2009

Reaction score

Your parents didn't "pay" for you to attend UT did they? It's obvious at this point. ET played the cowboys to help get him a rich new contract. For starters he gain a lot of exposure from the Cowboys buzz, rumors to start. Then the Cowboys unkownly set the market for him at 8-10M a year. At that point he just waited for a team to bite and over pay. If anything Eric Weddle contract should have been his market value. Currently ET is laughing at us and callibg us suckers. I unfollow him on Instagram.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Jerry was just trying to show off to the league his great negotiation skills and trying to get ET on a discount. It backfired and we are set to bring back pretty much the same team and possibly even less of a talented team than last year. Hopefully we hit no injuries.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

This one is real simple. We wound up trading for Cooper instead and he will garner around 16 million per year and already costs 14 million if not extended. THAT salary slot went to him. They cannot afford him or don't want to. Plain and simple.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s probably not the annual price as much as the guaranteed amount.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Not necessarily at all!
There are lots of instances where people have work and been successful then suddenly had enough and quit.
Witten was offered another job and took it putting the Cowboys in an a bit of a bind just before the draft.
I say good luck to him but I could see why people would say the quit the team.

Tell me where you think Beasley would be now if he had quit (retired) in his first training camp?
Now, tell me where is he today?

Please don't tell me a famous rapper.

Number1

Reaction score

umm, a lot happened since the trade deadline in Oct

ET got hurt, acted a bit unprofessional, and the Boys watched their make do DTs plowed for 270 rushing yards in a playoff game, Randy's out again ... I'd also point out the 2nd half of 2018 likely convinced them Dak get a huge contract