If Fans Ran This Team

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395219 said:
If i was the HC of this team we'd be undefeated =) where do i sign up to be coach at?
:rolleyes:

Then get off your couch and go prove it.

Forgive me when I start the fire you threads after one practice.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2395193 said:
what about the fans that knew getting rid of alot of the defensive staff was a bad decision, or trading ferguson away for nothing?
They didn't get rid of the defensive staff. They were offered contracts and chose to go to Miami instead.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2395231 said:
They haven't arrived yet. But I'm ready.

At this point...I am so deflated I would not put up a fight and might welcome it.:(

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Don't let them put it on you Hos --fight the restains and the injections and keep typing the truth:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2395234 said:
They didn't get rid of the defensive staff. They were offered contracts and chose to go to Miami instead.
Funny how that isn't the case even when it is the case.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Heck, if fans ran this team we'd have-

Drew Henson @ QB
Julius Jones @ RB
Roy Williams @ WR
Steve Smith @ WR

Three past love-handles of fans plus our newest aquisition with nothing else but Longhorns making up the rest of the team.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2395227 said:
Yeah, it kind of did. Both had large contracts and Tank Johnson was a very cheap backup. So they traded one of the 3, the guy not likely to start but would be high paid.
We've shown that we can sign and keep around who we want to keep around. Money isn't an issue for Jerry's accountants - he just wanted Ferguson gone, and Miami got him for a song. It absolutely did not have to be one or the other.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2395252 said:
We've shown that we can sign and keep around who we want to keep around. Money isn't an issue for Jerry's accountants - he just wanted Ferguson gone, and Miami got him for a song. It absolutely did not have to be one or the other.
If Jason Ferguson were on the bench making $5.5 million dollars a year we'd be griping about that.

The idea that Ferguson helps this team from the bench just doesn't jive.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;2395134 said:
We would have no coaching staff beyond Joe Avezano on Special Teams.

We would have Witten, Barber, Ware, Romo, and Folk and all the other current players would not be here since they are "simply not good enough."

That means we would have to fit 48 players into the remaining salary cap room and have no room to re-sign Ware.

But we'd be better off...somehow...don't ask me how...I have no friggin' clue.

But you know it probably works in Madden.

Too bad :madden:

That's nowhere near how I'd run the team.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
The bottom line is that we have a lot of talent on the team that is not managed right.

The new talent we get is sometimes tainted by Jerry's fickle decision making.

Jerry is a great owner but not a great GM. He needs to realize this.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2395258 said:
If Jason Ferguson were on the bench making $5.5 million dollars a year we'd be griping about that.

The idea that Ferguson helps this team from the bench just doesn't jive.

Or we would have a killer defensive line rotation - and instead of seeing Tank Johnson out there getting knocked around and beaten like a ***** we could see Ferguson out there doing what he always did in Dallas - plugging the middle. It would also give us more freedom in using Ratliff at end, and in the nickle defense.

There is not legitimate rationalization for the fact that we traded a very good player under contract for a song. Just excuses for why our GM would do something so incredibly stupid. It didn't need to be done - it simply was done.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2395272 said:
Or we would have a killer defensive line rotation - and instead of seeing Tank Johnson out there getting knocked around and beaten like a ***** we could see Ferguson out there doing what he always did in Dallas - plugging the middle. It would also give us more freedom in using Ratliff at end, and in the nickle defense.

There is not legitimate rationalization for the fact that we traded a very good player under contract for a song. Just excuses for why our GM would do something so incredibly stupid. It didn't need to be done - it simply was done.
I just don't agree SP.

We were going to keep 2 NTs and Tank Johnson was a song of a price and Ratliff got a contract extension. Ferguson was either going to be released or traded.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2395232 said:
:rolleyes:

Then get off your couch and go prove it.

Forgive me when I start the fire you threads after one practice.

So you want me to go to VR and say make me the coach ?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;2395275 said:
Figured as much. She's got you that wrapped?

Yeah, my fiance is the reason I can't go. That's it.

Let me just walk in to VR and tell Jerrah to step aside. That's not the problem.