If Fans Ran This Team

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
George;2395357 said:
I personally think Jerry's success was because he was the new owner who hired a great coach to run the team. Jerry relied on Jimmy mainly to get us the super bowls. Then Jerry took over and the team began to tank.

Then Jerry hired Parcells to get the team back to snuff. Parcells put us in the right direction. Parcells is gone. Jerry took over again. The team is beginning to tank again.

Don't forget the cap but do hire a good coach to take over along with a good GM.

The team started to tank because of the salary cap and the loss of some key players --Parcells came in to a young team that had good players and got lucky with Romo --I do think Jimmy was a great coach and I do think we need another like him..but Parcells wasn't it and neither is Wade .. I just think Jerry deserve more credit then he gets for trying and suceeding in putting a talented team on the field

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Hostile;2395376 said:
The Defense is in a Dime. Offense has 2 wide, 1 in the slot and TE. It's 3rd and 8.

The QB has 5 reads. Tell me in order what they are.

I'll be shocked if you get even one right in the right order.

ooh, ohh. I know, I know.

:p:

3rd and 8 is the key.

superpunk

Reaction score
justbob;2395372 said:
Don't disagree about Fergusions talent --but unless my mind has gotten foggy -he was old and having trouble staying on the field because of injuries.
Maybe I am remembering someone else..Ayodele was never much --Fasanco (won't disagree except Bennet if he ever grows up will be three times the player.

He tore his bicep. Other than that he was a rock for Dallas. Played in all 16 games every year of his career here.

The point is there was no need for these trades - they were nonsense, and demonstrate poor ability in our front offense, or simply stubbornness. Either way, it a condemnation.

Hostile;2395376 said:
The Defense is in a Dime. Offense has 2 wide, 1 in the slot and TE. It's 3rd and 8.

Hostile;2395381 said:
Oh you know his injuries were a thing of the past and he was going to play younger this year...[/sarcasm off]

There was no way Jason Ferguson was going to be in this team this year. I knew it when 2007 ended.

Dumb thread just got dumber.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2395376 said:

Is this the formation

Wr WR OL OL C OL OL TE
RB QB FB ?

or is this the formation

WR TE OL OL C OL OL WR
RB QB FB

or this ?

TE WR OL OL C OL OL WR
RB QB FB

Do you want pre snaps reads or me to say WR = first target and stuff like that ?

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
That right he was 33 years old and messed up his bicep and missed the year..
ASeems like he missed part of the yer before also..could be wrong

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;2395315 said:
You're right. The problems are delusions of grandeur. Like any of us are really going to skip HS Coaching, skip NCAA coaching, skip working our way up the NFL coaching food chain, and because we win on Madden

I stopped reading right there.

I don't play madden.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I know I would've kept Matt Moore.

So out of all the fans that makes me most qualified.

:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395399 said:
Is this the formation

Wr WR OL OL C OL OL TE
RB QB FB ?

or is this the formation

WR TE OL OL C OL OL WR
RB QB FB

or this ?

TE WR OL OL C OL OL WR
RB QB FB

Do you want pre snaps reads or me to say WR = first target and stuff like that ?
You don't even know what a 3 WR set is and you want me to believe that you could help this team win?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack;2395417 said:
I stopped reading right there.

I don't play madden.
I don't either. That's why you and I are out of the running.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Hostile;2395316 said:
Ferguson is not a legitimate reason this team would be better.

Dude,

Are you saying that Ferguson would not be a huge upgrade over Tank?

Are you saying that upgrading that position would not help us from maybe stopping other teams from running at will on us?

Are you also saying that a truly competent GM would have left the fate of this team in the hands of an old QB who CANNOT play?

Are you also saying that the obvious confusion and lack of discipline, exhibited week after week has nothing to do with the leadership of the generals and that that leadership starts at the top?

Really?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2395397 said:
Dumb thread just got dumber.
I could go back in time and find the thread where I predicted he'd be gone months before the trade, but why bother? It doesn't prove anything.

This is just spilled milk.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2395234 said:
They didn't get rid of the defensive staff. They were offered contracts and chose to go to Miami instead.

That was all well and good. It was pretty much a given that those guys were not coming back here and no one made an effort to have them back.

and a number of those coaches were smart enough to realize what would happen here and went to a place where they know the structure and decisions would be in line with their way of doing buisness.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Vtwin;2395477 said:
Dude,

Are you saying that Ferguson would not be a huge upgrade over Tank?

Are you saying that upgrading that position would not help us from maybe stopping other teams from running at will on us?

Are you also saying that a truly competent GM would have left the fate of this team in the hands of an old QB who CANNOT play?

Are you also saying that the obvious confusion and lack of discipline, exhibited week after week has nothing to do with the leadership of the generals and that that leadership starts at the top?

Really?
No, I said there was no way we were going to keep him given these circumstances.

1. His age.
2. Coming off injury.
3. High salary figure that could save us money by eliminating.
4. Big contract to Ratliff.
5. We weren't going to keep 3 NTs.
6. Tank Johnson was cheap as a backup.

Honestly, you can't look at those factors and see the writing on the wall?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;2395472 said:
I don't either. That's why you and I are out of the running.

I honestly believe you and I would do a better job of runnign the team then Wade and Jerrah.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2395478 said:
I could go back in time and find the thread where I predicted he'd be gone months before the trade, but why bother? It doesn't prove anything.

This is just spilled milk.
Does the fact that you predicted it make the move any less stupid?

You seem to have no point in this thread except to be belligerent and overbearing and pose silly questions about QB reads and tell everyone that this ain't Madden.

Mistakes have been made.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;2395237 said:
Funny how that isn't the case even when it is the case.

So you think the staff is improved?

You think the players dont notice the difference?

I sure do. The players really liked that staff and they had alot of respect for them.

and jason ferguson was a locker room leader and he was there in camp last year for the guys to lean on. Little things like that have a big effect as time goes on.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2395468 said:
You don't even know what a 3 WR set is and you want me to believe that you could help this team win?

Ratliff could off went back to DE don't you think?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2395488 said:
Does the fact that you predicted it make the move any less stupid?

You seem to have no point in this thread except to be belligerent and overbearing and pose silly questions about QB reads and tell everyone that this ain't Madden.

Mistakes have been made.
Mistakes are made by every team every game. If you are looking for a perfect game, Madden is the only place you'll ever find it.

It is stupid to think Ferguson was going to be on this team. He just wasn't going to be here. Teams make "business decisions" every off season. Just like when we kept Ferguson and let La'Roi Glover go.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack;2395486 said:
I honestly believe you and I would do a better job of runnign the team then Wade and Jerrah.
The media would hate us. I know that for a fact right now.