If Fans Ran This Team

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2395280 said:
I just don't agree SP.

We were going to keep 2 NTs and Tank Johnson was a song of a price and Ratliff got a contract extension. Ferguson was either going to be released or traded.
Tank Johnson is garbage.

Maybe if we had someone adequate evaluating that talent we would have hung onto Ferguson and let Tank walk. That's the point. There is no excusing that failure on the part of our talent evaluators and our GM.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
George;2395268 said:
The bottom line is that we have a lot of talent on the team that is not managed right.

The new talent we get is sometimes tainted by Jerry's fickle decision making.

Jerry is a great owner but not a great GM. He needs to realize this.

Why do you say this --Jones has put together a young talented team and most are signed for several years--he has brought in other players for a good price and low risk --Zach ,Tank -etc .. We have won more then one super bowl under Jones and have worked our way of of cap hell (part of the reason
we had a average team and average head coachs for several years.) Most team went thru some level of cap problems until they figured out out to manage it...

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
I think your OL problems are mostly mental. If you don't believe in the person playing QB, are you likely to block at the same level? I don't think so. Even though I'm sure it isn't intentional there is a subconscious block towards going 100% if you don't "believe"

Think it was coincidence the Commanders OL started playing better after Portis called them out publicly after the Giants loss? I don't.

I think your OL starts playing better with Romo under center.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2395294 said:
Tank Johnson is garbage.

Maybe if we had someone adequate evaluating that talent we would have hung onto Ferguson and let Tank walk. That's the point. There is no excusing that failure on the part of our talent evaluators and our GM.
LOL

Okay, so we'd have Ware, Witten, Barber, Romo, Folk, and Fergy.

Yeah, we'd be tearing it up.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If fans ran this team we'd be 1-15 every year and would have a laughing stock of a franchise.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2395304 said:
LOL

Okay, so we'd have Ware, Witten, Barber, Romo, Folk, and Fergy.

Yeah, we'd be tearing it up.
This is not a legitimate response.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
superpunk;2395294 said:
Tank Johnson is garbage.

Ferguson barely played for us and was a injury risk---Rat had tken his place
Tank was a low risk high draft chance that was given a second chance for little money--Talent on this team is not the problem

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack;2395291 said:
Yeah, my fiance is the reason I can't go. That's it.

Let me just walk in to VR and tell Jerrah to step aside. That's not the problem.
You're right. The problems are delusions of grandeur. Like any of us are really going to skip HS Coaching, skip NCAA coaching, skip working our way up the NFL coaching food chain, and because we win on Madden we're going to solve the problems.

From the couch straight to Tampa and a 6th Lombardi. It's the story of the year. Too bad it starts "once upon a time..."

But I can't wait for the "happily ever after."

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2395306 said:
If fans ran this team we'd be 1-15 every year and would have a laughing stock of a franchise.

Well we have a better record then that -but the rest is pretty well right

superpunk

Reaction score
justbob;2395314 said:
Ferguson barely played for us and was a injury risk---Rat had tken his place
Tank was a low risk high draft chance that was given a second chance for little money--Talent on this team is not the problem

When Ferguson played he was as good a run-stuffing NT as there was in the NFL. In his last full season Dallas ranked #1 against the run in YPC between the guards. Tank Johnson is a soft defensive tackle who gets destroyed consistently by guards. There is no excuse for the choice our evaluators made there.

None.

Nor is there any excuse for the Fasano/Ayodele trade, except that the fellas up top no longer wanted those guys with the team. If we had kept them around, maybe we could have spent a second rounder on a position we actually needed, instead of Martellus Benett. (Who I am enjoying, but the point stands regardless of what Martellus does.)

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
superpunk;2395322 said:
When Ferguson played he was as good a run-stuffing NT as there was in the NFL. In his last full season Dallas ranked #1 against the run in YPC between the guards. Tank Johnson is a soft defensive tackle who gets destroyed consistently by guards. There is no excuse for the choice our evaluators made there.

None.

Nor is there any excuse for the Fasano/Ayodele trade, except that the fellas up top no longer wanted those guys with the team. If we had kept them around, maybe we could have spent a second rounder on a position we actually needed, instead of Martellus Benett. (Who I am enjoying, but the point stands regardless of what Martellus does.)

Off topic, can I ban you for your signature? :lmao:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395332 said:
you going to fund the trip ?
I don't need a good laugh that bad. I don't throw money at anything without faith in it and I'm sorry, but having read many of your posts, I have none in you as a solution.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
justbob;2395300 said:
Why do you say this --Jones has put together a young talented team and most are signed for several years--he has brought in other players for a good price and low risk --Zach ,Tank -etc .. We have won more then one super bowl under Jones and have worked our way of of cap hell (part of the reason
we had a average team and average head coachs for several years.) Most team went thru some level of cap problems until they figured out out to manage it...

I personally think Jerry's success was because he was the new owner who hired a great coach to run the team. Jerry relied on Jimmy mainly to get us the super bowls. Then Jerry took over and the team began to tank.

Then Jerry hired Parcells to get the team back to snuff. Parcells put us in the right direction. Parcells is gone. Jerry took over again. The team is beginning to tank again.

Don't forget the cap but do hire a good coach to take over along with a good GM.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2395339 said:
I don't need a good laugh that bad. I don't throw money at anything without faith in it and I'm sorry, but having read many of your posts, I have none in you as a solution.

I do have my irrational points at times however I've been right more times than not.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
superpunk;2395322 said:

None.

Don't disagree about Fergusions talent --but unless my mind has gotten foggy -he was old and having trouble staying on the field because of injuries.
Maybe I am remembering someone else..Ayodele was never much --Fasanco (won't disagree except Bennet if he ever grows up will be three times the player.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395368 said:
I do have my irrational points at times however I've been right more times than not.
The Defense is in a Dime. Offense has 2 wide, 1 in the slot and TE. It's 3rd and 8.

The QB has 5 reads. Tell me in order what they are.

I'll be shocked if you get even one right in the right order.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
justbob;2395372 said:
Don't disagree about Fergusions talent --but unless my mind has gotten foggy -he was old and having trouble staying on the field because of injuries.
Maybe I am remembering someone else..Ayodele was never much --Fasanco (won't disagree except Bennet if he ever grows up will be three times the player.
Oh you know his injuries were a thing of the past and he was going to play younger this year...[/sarcasm off]

There was no way Jason Ferguson was going to be in this team this year. I knew it when 2007 ended.