If Fredbeard can play this fall

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Only if youre shortsighted beyond this year and delude yourself into thinking OL depth does not matter.
It gets to the point where how much resources do we dump into a position group before it becomes ridiculous. Especially since the most expensive O line in the league gave up the 2nd most sacks in the league

chicago JK

Reaction score
I don’t think so, I think McCovern should be given the opportunity to start at guard. There are some big boys in the NFC east. A penetrating interior lineman can mess up the whole offense.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am glad they made the pick,we dont have to rely on the Sio filos of the world in case of injury and we can bolster our best unit.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Does that mean we wasted pick 90?

I don't think so. Having quality OL is vital. We saw what not having OL looks like when Nagy and Arkin were playing up front. I don't see the draft as a short-term fix that is what Dallas uses FA for, short term fill in the gap. Draft is a longer-term proposition

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Fredrick will be good to go, he's already in full offseason workout

Collins is in his last year of his contract, why they didn't move him back to left guard last year is beyond me, Williams will be moved to right tackle, McGovern will take over the left guard spot....but that probably won't happen until 2020 unless there's a trade of collins before training camp..

RandyOh

Reaction score
Wasted pick 90? Absolutely not. who cares if hes not very impactful his first year. If hes a starter somewhere on the line for the next decade then i'm very happy with the pick. Have to remember both starting G and RT are both question marks both this year and especially next year. Loony, Su'a-Filo, and Collins are all free agents after this year and you can argue both Loony and Collins will be out of our price range to be brought back unless they just love being a Cowboy giving heavy discounts. Wouldn't rely on either one passing up on their payday though.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
you don't go from 32 sacks in 2017 and 56 in 2018 and it was somehow all on Dak or even half on Dak

Yep.
The most obvious reason is Fredrick being out. The center is the like the QB of the OL, calling out slides and protections. Another obvious reason is the failed Alexander experiment. We put our OL in a bad situation by trying to move away from what had been working to something else and then switching back midseason. Third, having an undersized rookie starting did not help either.

But, wait, no, it's Dak's fault.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Yep.
The most obvious reason is Fredrick being out. The center is the like the QB of the OL, calling out slides and protections. Another obvious reason is the failed Alexander experiment. We put our OL in a bad situation by trying to move away from what had been working to something else and then switching back midseason. Third, having an undersized rookie starting did not help either.

But, wait, no, it's Dak's fault.
I don't put it all on Dak, some I do because he holds onto the ball far too long, but the Bengals offensive line coach didn't help, Frederick missing the full season, Smith a shell of himself because of constant back injury and spasms Collins who is better suited as a guard, not right tackle and Martin's knee injury, there's plenty of blame to go around when it come to the offensive line play or lack thereof

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't put it all on Dak, some I do because he holds onto the ball far too long, but the Bengals offensive line coach didn't help, Frederick missing the full season, Smith a shell of himself because of constant back injury and spasms Collins who is better suited as a guard, not right tackle and Martin's knee injury, there's plenty of blame to go around when it come to the offensive line play or lack thereof

True and makes this pick of McGovern at 90 a quality pick in my view. If he starts Day 1 or works his way into the lineup Draft picks are more long term solutions not quick fix