If Fredbeard can play this fall

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't think so. Having quality OL is vital. We saw what not having OL looks like when Nagy and Arkin were playing up front. I don't see the draft as a short-term fix that is what Dallas uses FA for, short term fill in the gap. Draft is a longer-term proposition

He was taken below where he was projected...with an average of multiple sources. He was that value and a good addition...benefiting from growth this season and being a valid factor when next season arrives. Skweekie cheap then!

Beaker42

Reaction score
Probably half those sacks were on Dak holding the ball too long, not the O-line.
you don't go from 32 sacks in 2017 and 56 in 2018 and it was somehow all on Dak or even half on Dak
Our sacks came as a result of our OT’s not keeping guys out long
Fredrick will be good to go, he's already in full offseason workout

Collins is in his last year of his contract, why they didn't move him back to left guard last year is beyond me, Williams will be moved to right tackle, McGovern will take over the left guard spot....but that probably won't happen until 2020 unless there's a trade of collins before training camp..
Here’s the problem - Williams can’t play OT. It’s in the files.

Scotman

Reaction score
Nope, it was actually 14 of those. But you can dream it was half. And then probably another 14 that he got out of because of his mobility and strength.

14...and not 14 more than any other starting QB. It's not all or nothing. There were times I was screaming at him to get the ball out...but...I also screamed at Aikman, White, Staubach, Meredith...well...you get the picture. Dak needs to continue to improve, but our line play can definitely improve. Fredbeard coming back is a monster plus. Conner Williams has GROWN up. And now we have a new guard. I love the line picks.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the competition.
I would really love to see both of them working on that RT position also.
We can’t keep drafting OG’s to play OT. Doesn’t work. Our 1st next year needs to be best LT available.

Scotman

Reaction score
We can’t keep drafting OG’s to play OT. Doesn’t work. Our 1st next year needs to be best LT available.

It's going to be very hard to draft a quality LT picking last in the first round. :)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
It gets to the point where how much resources do we dump into a position group before it becomes ridiculous. Especially since the most expensive O line in the league gave up the 2nd most sacks in the league
Wrong. Dallas had Martin, partly Tyron. The rest were average. What do you expect?

I can't understand why people think this was the line of 2016.

Weak rebuttal.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Wrong. Dallas had Martin, partly Tyron. The rest were average. What do you expect?

I can't understand why people think this was the line of 2016.

Weak rebuttal.
That's on the coaching and front office. We still spent the most money on the o line

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
No, great value and cap is the bottom line at some point. Having another good player will get you that player of need when the house is too full.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yes, but was it said in colloquial Bhutanese?

I DON'T THINK SO!!!
Heh heh heh...
I think I cleaned up here fellas...
Make sure the mops are soaked with lime - there's a lot of blood on those slats and the owner ain't spent no money on curing.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't buy that. I think Williams will be fine at tackle.
The same was said about Collins for two years, then he actually *did* it, and while inconsistent (partly to blame is hiring that suck OL coach from the Bungles), he's been solid overall.
Williams has been said to have excellent feet to play tackle.