If Garrett remains, will you?

SJRTX

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of being sold a bill of goods every year by Jerry. I will still follow them, but certainly not with the same fervor that I have been.

I can't figure out why some guys are hoping to win a playoff game, yet admit that we have no shot at the SB. I can't figure out why that kind of mediocrity is celebrated by some. That just simply justifies ole JJ's HC Skills. I don't want to even see the playoffs personally, unless we have a team with SB potential. Otherwise we are accepting mediocrity. Such mediocrity, that simply getting to the playoffs, much less a win is almost considered the end game around here. Oh how times have changed.

jnday

Reaction score
I will pay attention but I won't take them serious until he's gone. I will not plan my Sunday's around watching this sickening team. It would be ridiculous to take them serious. I don't think I'm alone.

You are not. I can promise you that much. Many fans are simply fed up. As for me, I had lost alotta interest in the last couple of years. Garrett staying will have little effect on how I feel about the team. The only thing that would change my opinion is if a proven coach is hired and he is given more control than previous coaches. I about lost all hope when the trade up to draft Claibourne went on and very little has returned over the last couple of years. I am a Dallas Cowboy fan, but I am not a fan of many of the people that currently represent the team.

Reaction score
Positive responses are sad, because the only way to get real change is for the fan base collectively to stop caring, and more importantly, to stop spending money on tickets and merchandise. I for one have stopped planning my Sundays around games, and will not spend another dime on this team until it has a real coach and football organization in place.

jnday

Reaction score
Positive responses are sad, because the only way to get real change is for the fan base collectively to stop caring, and more importantly, to stop spending money on tickets and merchandise. I for one have stopped planning my Sundays around games, and will not spend another dime on this team until it has a real coach and football organization in place.

If it makes you feel better, there are other boards that have a majority of posters that are fed up with Garrett. This board has always had more pro-Jerry and pro-Garrett posters than others with the exception of one.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Bunch of babies.

If you can get this far through Campo, Phillips, Gailey, and most of all decades of GM Jerry, you should be able to soldier through Garrett.

Hate to tell you, but based on the inevitable decline of marquee players at critical positions (Ware, Witten, Romo), it'll probably get worse before it gets better - regardless of who's coach.

If Garrett makes you bolt, then peace out.

Zordon

Reaction score
i've never been more convinced that garrett needs to go than after watching that niners game. the swagger/physicality is what i want back. garrett will never bring it here. never.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
i've never been more convinced that garrett needs to go than after watching that niners game. the swagger/physicality is what i want back. garrett will never bring it here. never.

Yeah. The niners , I think, are built for "playoff" football......more so then Seattle.......

Now, Seattle is good and does have HFA......I'm predicting. Niners Seahawks in the NFCCG. it should be a fun game to watch.......

I can't stand Russell Wilson. I hope they hit him and hit him some more.

anava

Reaction score
I hate that Romo being injured may save his job. If he was a better coach this game wouldnt matter. But to answer the question yes I have slowly lost interest in the team every year. I watch and cheer every game but losses dont affect me nearly as they did years ago and if I miss a little bit of the game oh well. Feel sad as I type this....

NJ22

Reaction score
You are not. I can promise you that much. Many fans are simply fed up. As for me, I had lost alotta interest in the last couple of years. Garrett staying will have little effect on how I feel about the team. The only thing that would change my opinion is if a proven coach is hired and he is given more control than previous coaches. I about lost all hope when the trade up to draft Claibourne went on and very little has returned over the last couple of years. I am a Dallas Cowboy fan, but I am not a fan of many of the people that currently represent the team.

I hear you. Sunday's game was the first time in 38 years of fandom, that I actually was sick that we won because I knew it would increase the odds dramatically of Garrett being here still when obviously we are not close to a real playoff team.. I thought after 2010 he showed enough for me to want him gone, but I was OK with giving him a full off season, after 8-8 I thought he would be gone after 2011, then certainly he would be gone after 8-8 in 2012, now I am starting to believe that Jerry and many fans are just fine with 8-8 forever because they like Garrett. I think he is a swell guy, and if I had a daughter I would want her to meet such a nice nerdy guy, but I would not hire him to run my pop warner football team in a million years...

Zordon

Reaction score
I hate that Romo being injured may save his job. If he was a better coach this game wouldnt matter. But to answer the question yes I have slowly lost interest in the team every year. I watch and cheer every game but losses dont affect me nearly as they did years ago and if I miss a little bit of the game oh well. Feel sad as I type this....
yep, we win the lions/packers games like 98% of other head coaches and neither the skins/eagles games matters.

BHendri5

Reaction score
If Jerry decides to keep Garrett as head coach, will you remain as involved and maintain the interest that you currently have? Just how fed up are you as a fan? Will a win over the Eagles change any opinions on Garrett staying or going? Tell us how you really feel.[/quot

Hell Yeah!!!. If Jerry were to fire Garrett I might interest may lessen, because Garrett is the right guy for the job

dupree89

Reaction score
Garrett is a very likeable guy and I do think he really represents the Cowboys' image well...at least the image that I envision. He is just a disaster making in-game decisions; rather than deciding the right thing on the spot during the game, he needs to sleep on it and then he can tell everyone what the right decision would've been. I still think a big part of his problem is that he was a QB and everything he learned and practiced as a QB is hurting him as head coach....being unemotional, methodical, not willing to be flexible with game plans, rigid, structured, all that stuff. I think it is a big negative on game day when he is trying to lead the team to a win.

NJ22

Reaction score
jnday said:
If Jerry decides to keep Garrett as head coach, will you remain as involved and maintain the interest that you currently have? Just how fed up are you as a fan? Will a win over the Eagles change any opinions on Garrett staying or going? Tell us how you really feel.[/quot

Hell Yeah!!!. If Jerry were to fire Garrett I might interest may lessen, because Garrett is the right guy for the job

LOL! Good one! Merry Christmas funny dude!

Wishbone82

Omaha! Omaha!
Reaction score
If Jerry decides to keep Garrett as head coach, will you remain as involved and maintain the interest that you currently have? Just how fed up are you as a fan? Will a win over the Eagles change any opinions on Garrett staying or going? Tell us how you really feel.

If I can support the Cowboys through the Campo years, I think I will be able to handle whatever happens to this franchise. I am fed up with Jerry, but all i can do right now is root for the 'Boys. As frustrated as I can be with them, they will always be my 'Boys :) .