If Garrett remains, will you?

rpntex

Reaction score
If Jerry decides to keep Garrett as head coach, will you remain as involved and maintain the interest that you currently have? Just how fed up are you as a fan? Will a win over the Eagles change any opinions on Garrett staying or going? Tell us how you really feel.

This has to be one of the most stupid questions anyone could ask.

If you're a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, you stay a fan regardless of who's roaming the sidelines. If changing (or not changing) coaches if enough to change your allegiance to the team, you were never a fan to begin with.

jnday

Reaction score

Honest question, what has Garrett done to make you feel he is the right guy for the job? How much longer to you think he should have? Just asking for your opinion, because I see no progress .

NJ22

Reaction score
Being a fan and excepting mediocrity are 2 different things.

dupree89

Reaction score

If you're a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, you stay a fan regardless of who's roaming the sidelines. If changing (or not changing) coaches if enough to change your allegiance to the team, you were never a fan to begin with.

to be fair, he made absolutely no reference to changing teams. He asked if your interest level and involvement would lessen. Not a thing about switching teams/ allegiance.

Zordon

Reaction score
Honest question, what has Garrett done to make you feel he is the right guy for the job? How much longer to you think he should have? Just asking for your opinion, because I see no progress .

he deserves to finish out the season, that's it.

Dodger12

Reaction score
he deserves to finish out the season, that's it.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.........

clint-unforgiven.jpg

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
I could never root for another team. With that said, I already don't allow myself to get as emotionally invested as I used to. It's like an unhealthy relationship. I imagine my emotional detachment will increase if (when) Garrett returns, although I'll still watch the games.

Being a fan of the Jerry Jones owned Cowboys is like loving an addict. You can't help but love them, but at some point you have to realize when your affinity for something is causing them more harm than good. All of us that watch the games (myself included), attend the games, buy food in his stadium and purchase merchandise are enabling Jerry.

jnday

Reaction score

There are different levels of fandom and different types of fans. I asked if the posters interest would remain the same or change. If you think all fans are hardcore fans that lets this team effect their everyday life, you are mistaken. There are more casual fans than any other type. I do appreciate that you are in a position that allows you to judge and define fandom by your standards only. I am sure that is going well for you.

jnday

Reaction score
to be fair, he made absolutely no reference to changing teams. He asked if your interest level and involvement would lessen. Not a thing about switching teams/ allegiance.

Exactly.

rcaldw

Reaction score
If Jerry decides to keep Garrett as head coach, will you remain as involved and maintain the interest that you currently have? Just how fed up are you as a fan? Will a win over the Eagles change any opinions on Garrett staying or going? Tell us how you really feel.

This is silly. Most of you need Garrett more than you know. It gives you something to complain about every single week.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Beast is not going anywhere.....................Garrett is the most incompetent head coach I have ever seen................and if he would not have botched the Lions and Packer games, this game would not even matter.

Yea, he will probably use Romo's injury to weasel another year out of Jerry............I would expect no less from Garrett................but his 500 seasons will catch up to him eventually.

rpntex

Reaction score

The thread title---

"If Garrett stays, will you?" implies "will you stay with Dallas if Garrett does". Judging from the responses, I'm not the only one who interpreted it that way, either.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

You mean I cant change my avatar to whichever team has the #1 seed?

dupree89

Reaction score
The thread title---

"If Garrett stays, will you?" implies "will you stay with Dallas if Garrett does". Judging from the responses, I'm not the only one who interpreted it that way, either.

Okay...good point.

dupree89

Reaction score
You mean I cant change my avatar to whichever team has the #1 seed?

the only time you will change teams is if Coach Garrett becomes Offensive Coordinator Garrett of, say, the Jacksonville Jaguars. I know you will follow him.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
I'm more concerned with us having a good team to coach. Haven't had one in awhile. Give me that, and I'll make a big deal about who the coach is.