If Garrett remains, will you?

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Hell yeah I will stick around. Our family is a Cowboys family. That's our thing. We unite, high five during the good and say ahhhh crap during the bad. It brings us together each week durning the short months it lasts. Ain't nobody taking that star from my heart.

rpntex

Reaction score
There are different levels of fandom and different types of fans. I asked if the posters interest would remain the same or change. If you think all fans are hardcore fans that lets this team effect their everyday life, you are mistaken. There are more casual fans than any other type. I do appreciate that you are in a position that allows you to judge and define fandom by your standards only. I am sure that is going well for you.

At the very least, you misled with your subject title.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally I think all y'all will watch every bit as much, regardless who the HC is. I think you want to see more wins more than you want to see a different head coach.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I will always be a fan but I have a hard time getting through some of these games because I'm simply just not interested in it.

I'm getting to where I can only fully watch about 10 games a year.

As long as Garrett is here I may start watching less because I know he's not the guy that will ever win the ultimate prize.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Personally I think all y'all will watch every bit as much, regardless who the HC is. I think you want to see more wins more than you want to see a different head coach.

That kinda goes hand in hand Idgit....................usually coaches get fired for losing...........if Garrett was not botching games I imagine the number of fans wanting him gone would decline.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
I will always begrudgingly root my *** off and be hopelessly optimistic every offseason. I decided this year I won't be spending any money on merchandise as I usually do in protest though. Even if it's just for me

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That kinda goes hand in hand Idgit....................usually coaches get fired for losing...........if Garrett was not botching games I imagine the number of fans wanting him gone would decline.

Just because coaches get fired for losing, it doesn't necessarily follow that teams lose because of coaching. In our case, we're losing because we can't stop opposing QBs, for example. It's easier to blame the QB and the HC, and we've seen more than our share of both here in Dallas. But fix the pass defense, and we're not in so many games where second guessing a play call is going to matter so much.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Just because coaches get fired for losing, it doesn't necessarily follow that teams lose because of coaching. In our case, we're losing because we can't stop opposing QBs, for example. It's easier to blame the QB and the HC, and we've seen more than our share of both here in Dallas. But fix the pass defense, and we're not in so many games where second guessing a play call is going to matter so much.

Garrett's game management is horrible, even his biggest supporters agree that he has made some major mistakes............mainly abandoning the run even though it is working.

This has nothing to do with pass defense...................yes, our defense is horrible, but that does not excuse poor game management that significantly affects the outcome of games.

To put things in perspective.........if we dont blow the Detroit and Packer games..........games where we had a 96% and 99% probability of winning and game management was questioned nationally (even by Aikman)...........we are division champs right now and the Eagle game means jack.

That is what fans are holding against Garrett, not a lack of pass defense..........................however, if you want to give him a pass then thats your prerogative, doesnt mean anybody else has to.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Best we can hope for then is a new OC implementing his own system.

That's never going to happen under Garrett. As long as Garrett is on this staff, we will have the same ignorant offense. Been like that since he's been here in 2007. Just back then, his ignorance was masked by one of the best OLs we have had since the early 90s, a solid running game and play action pass working all the time. He was never really creative. Just as the early 90s weren't creative. They just executed and were good at it. Our defense was pretty good in 2007 as well which helped.

But once the OL depleted, his ignorance started to show in how he called the game and our gameplan. We have to be the worst staff when it comes to adjustments. Weekly, we allow teams to take away Dez and do nothing about it.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Short answer before the long one: Yes, I'll still be here.

It's weird because I was too young to see any of the superbowls so the only Cowboys I know are the mediocre heart breakers but I love the team. I will always watch, always be a fan but I'm no longer investing everything into the team whether its money or time. I won't plan ahead and avoid other things for games like school and work lol. Because when I do that, it just hurts when they lose in spectacular innovative fashion and it's so disappointing that it's normal and acceptable now. I don't know if it's Jerry, and maybe he is focused on other things, is just delusional or is trying his best and it's just not working. I don't like JG as the coach but with this roster and injuries, I'm not sure if anyone else could do a whole lot better. So I will stay, watch, post, and get hyped for drafts and free agency and the pre-season and the first game but maybe I'm just delusional and think it can get better. I kick myself for it during times like these when we lose like we did in GB and Detroit, get beat down like we did in NO and Chicago, lose by a couple points like we did vs KC and Denver. It's becoming a given that something will happen whether it's a melt down, blowout, amazing loss, last minute defeat, injury, bad play coaching. This team! It seems like it's always something but when they do win, it will be incredible because I've never seen it really. I see you guys and my Dad talk about the good teams, the 90's and watch the NFLN shows about them but it's not familiar, it's just a team playing. Sad.

Hoov

Reaction score
I'll still follow the team, through the offseason reports, draft, training camp and regular season.

Hoov

Reaction score
I will become a Seahawks fan

Russell wilson is fun to watch, and marshawn lynch going beast mode is great. I have always been a fan of the game of footbal and the NFL. I watch a lot of teams besides the cowboys and there are a lot of players on other teams that i like to watch play the game.

Looking forward to a seattle vs carolina or seattle vs saints game in the playoffs. And a denver vs NE matchup in Denver, a possible KC vs Cinn game and the possibity of a Colts vs Denver game in Denver. A lot of good players and great potential matchups.

But i will not become a fan of another team. Will always be a dallas cowboys fan first.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
As long as JJ is breathing, it makes no difference who the coach is.

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
I've been a fan my whole life and the first game I haven't watched was last sunday I was born in 95 so my whole life(that I can remember) the team has been "sub-par" to put it nicely and I ahve stuck around. Garrett isn't the only problem I will stick around for the entirety of my life, but until they get their act together I may not be as involved with the team as I have been for the past 18 years

Section446

Reaction score
If Jerry decides to keep Garrett as head coach, will you remain as involved and maintain the interest that you currently have? Just how fed up are you as a fan? Will a win over the Eagles change any opinions on Garrett staying or going? Tell us how you really feel.

Yup, we're just sheep, and will always come back.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Like above, I'm a lifer. This doesn't mean I accept mediocraty, it means I'm a cowboys fan and that's that. All this talk of losing = Garrett staying is boring bellyaching speculation where you put what you want first and foremost.

I want to win.

Jones has shown he can see an entire picture to make his decisions and I doubt very seriously he's hinging Garretts job on

ONE FRIGGIN GAME.

Only the IGS sees things one game at a time and whine like stuck pigs every step of the way.

I think Garrett had his shot and its time to move on.

I will NOT twist and warp every move to get us there in a play by play fashion and I've come to post so much less cause 80% of the posts are the same thing.

I've toned down my emotions over the years and put this "game" into my own lives perspective and will be here until I'm not.

The rest of the whining fans just mean I cut back on social media, not the cowboys.