If it wasn't for our Defense, Rush would suck

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure he suks , we just most likely wouldn’t be winning these games with a 25th ranked offense . Not without a 7th ranked defense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well maybe. But let's review the board comments after the 1st game. We'll list the names of who said "tank the season now it's done". Or maybe "Dallas won;t win a single game with Cooper Rush"?

SO in that regard...he has exceeded many expectations...and helped...HELPED!...save our season.

So I'm not about to think "suck", let alone create threads about it just to look expert.
Sadly these extreme type agendas is what drives these social media sites .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We should be thrilled. But instead we get threads like this.

I love the "I'm thrilled"...or "glad I was wrong" caveats that go with "rush sucks" comments.
Again, it’s not enough to just be happy we are winning with Rush.

This provides an opportunity for all of our Prescott opponents and hacks to drive their drivel. Typical troll like BS social media has to deal with.

But the added traffic it generates helps pay the bills around here:)

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The Rush haters are the Dak lovers.
Are they comparable? Do they show up in 80% of threads and bring up Rush?

I just don’t see if. Even the guy that started this thread (who I don’t remember as a Dak lover) said in his first line “Rush is playing well”.

It’s not the same. It’s not close. Most just want to win. Anti Dak people actively want to lose to suit their agenda.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
to some of you. Rush is playing well, but with our defense allowing just 1 TD a game, it makes things easier for Rush and I'm glad of it. He had a few bad throws....two ints called back because of penalties. But, he's driving the bus. The offense is not on fire and if it wasn't for our defense the Rush love wouldn't be like it is. But I'm happy we have him for a backup.
This defense is playing well enough to make nearly any QB look decent.
It is Daks worst nightmare.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
yeah, that train has left the station after the Vikings game last season. Rush’s 325 yards and 2 TDs was enough to turn them.
Give me some evidence. Is it comparable or is it just reaching and projection?

I say no and it isn’t close. The anti Dak groupies show up LITERALLY (yes I’m using that correctly) every single day to criticize Dak. In nearly any thread. About any subject.

I don’t see close to that with Rush. And when Dak had these same stats he was pronounced as a **** QB that would never post numbers.

bigE79

Reaction score
to some of you. Rush is playing well, but with our defense allowing just 1 TD a game, it makes things easier for Rush and I'm glad of it. He had a few bad throws....two ints called back because of penalties. But, he's driving the bus. The offense is not on fire and if it wasn't for our defense the Rush love wouldn't be like it is. But I'm happy we have him for a backup.
So it was the defense that has thrown those td passes,or key 3rd down passes to keep those drives alive..we have had some of the worst starting position in the NFL also, which makes what Cooper has done even more unbelievable..it would be nice starting at the 30 or 40 once in awhile instead of every possession having to drive the ball 80 or 90 yards..and that falls on the defense.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

First off, penalties often cause these "would be" INTs.

Secondly, you act as if Prescott has been playing miles better. He looked like absolute utter garbage in the game against TB. Heck, despite his stats last year - he certainly wasn't playing on some other level either. Just come out and say you are afraid for Dak's job to be threatened.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Give me some evidence. Is it comparable or is it just reaching and projection?

I say no and it isn’t close. The anti Dak groupies show up LITERALLY (yes I’m using that correctly) every single day to criticize Dak. In nearly any thread. About any subject.

I don’t see close to that with Rush. And when Dak had these same stats he was pronounced as a **** QB that would never post numbers.

You selectively ignore how much blind support Dak got in 2016. I mean, there was such support for Dak that if you criticized him at all there were a few Dak police on here that would accuse you of being something disgusting and those members are actively still around, by the way, and nothing was done about it.

So spare me. Dak is criticized now because he hasn't lived up to the expectation PRO Dak fans set for him. End of.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
First off, penalties often cause these "would be" INTs.

Secondly, you act as if Prescott has been playing miles better. He looked like absolute utter garbage in the game against TB. Heck, despite his stats last year - he certainly wasn't playing on some other level either. Just come out and say you are afraid for Dak's job to be threatened.
Threatened by Rush? :laugh:
The Tampa game was a big steaming pile. No one was very good. Crap play is how he got injured. An outlier.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Threatened by Rush? :laugh:
The Tampa game was a big steaming pile. No one was very good. Crap play is how he got injured. An outlier.

I think it's still Prescott's job, however anyone here suggesting that if Rush goes out and has a good game against the Rams and gets a win that heat won't be on Dak is kidding themselves.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
According to some fans Cooper Rush is playing outstanding, even phenomenal. However, the facts are he’s been solid but nothing spectacular. We’re not scoring many TDs and are relying on our kicker and a defense that’s played better than any I can remember under Romo or Dak. Our defense has been outstanding! You can get by with an average QB if you have a great defense that has a terrific pass rush. The lesser your defense the more it puts on the plate of your QB and the better they have to be. If our defense starts giving up 3+ TDs every week we’re going to be in deep trouble with Cooper Rush.

According to some fans Dakota had no receivers to throw to , Lamb was a #2 , the O-line was the worst in the league , and we had no rushing attack . Keep crying a river , why your upset we are winning, but your love AFFAIR with Dak has you all butt hurt

mattjames2010

Reaction score
According to some fans Dakota had no receivers to throw to , Lamb was a #2 , the O-line was the worst in the league , and we had no rushing attack . Keep crying a river , why your upset we are winning, but your love AFFAIR with Dak has you all butt hurt

He's a forum fraud. Dude doesn't know when to take Ls with grace. Embarrassing.

Unsurprising he's a Dak believer either.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I watched the All 22 and he was not good. His passes floated out there 2 of them got picked. Should’ve been another one. His arm strength limits the plays he can execute. He does ok if his first option is open. He stares down his receivers. The play calling is what’s responsible for the little offensive scoring they produce. Rush is managing those plays well but again is just so limited by his arm strength.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Who’s crying or upset that we’re winning? Lol If that’s what you took from my post you don’t have a flipping clue. If you can’t handle honest opinions don’t read my posts. CeeDee is trying to prove he’s a number two.

foofighters

Reaction score
Eli Manning says, "WHAT??"