If it wasn't for our Defense, Rush would suck

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And this y'all is an example of someone who's not a fan of the team but has some kind of weird infatuation for Dak.. He said it himself. "I don't care If dak comes back and losses every game I'll be fine with that. I just want dak back no matter if we win or not"
What's more insane? Are those propping Rush up like he's not a weak armed reserve back up that 31 other teams didn't find a need for. Then, trashing people who are homerific for Dak.
That's what is weird.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
And this y'all is an example of someone who's not a fan of the team but has some kind of weird infatuation for Dak.. He said it himself. "I don't care If dak comes back and losses every game I'll be fine with that. I just want dak back no matter if we win or not"
I’m gonna go with you’re relatively new. Captain crash is being sarcastic he can’t stand Dak and is one of top 5 vocal deniers on the board

USArmyVet

Reaction score
What's more insane? Are those propping RTush up like he's not a weak armed reserve back up that 31 other teams didn't find a need for. Then, trashing people who are homerific for Dak.
That's what is weird.

Based solely on what has been seen, most would agree that while a great story Cooper Rush is not a franchise QB but rather a back-up that has a hot hand thanks to the Dallas D.
At the same time, most would agree that while Dak has put up good personal stats, his rash of injuries recently and seemingly inability to elevate the team against tougher teams or playoff runs is a bit concerning and therefore makes people question whether either is the right QB for Dallas.

starfan1

Reaction score
Based solely on what has been seen, most would agree that while a great story Cooper Rush is not a franchise QB but rather a back-up that has a hot hand thanks to the Dallas D.
At the same time, most would agree that while Dak has put up good personal stats, his rash of injuries recently and seemingly inability to elevate the team against tougher teams or playoff runs is a bit concerning and therefore makes people question whether either is the right QB for Dallas.
Yep roll back the clock to 16 history repeats itself. Daks injury concerns are beginning to parallel Romo the difference is the age but I agree the lack of success in playoffs are similar

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yep roll back the clock to 16 history repeats itself. Daks injury concerns are beginning to parallel Romo the difference is the age but I agree the lack of success in playoffs are similar

The Dallas fans have been on a roller coaster ride for years since the Super Bowl days of Aikman. So, when Romo came along many wanted to believe he was better than he was, just like now many believe Dak is better than he is.
What this all comes down to is simply Dallas fans wanting to see playoff success after having not seen it in 25+ years. Regardless, nothing we say or do will change anything as none of us have any influence on the personnel moves Dallas makes.

starfan1

Reaction score
The Dallas fans have been on a roller coaster ride for years since the Super Bowl days of Aikman. So, when Romo came along many wanted to believe he was better than he was, just like now many believe Dak is better than he is.
What this all comes down to is simply Dallas fans wanting to see playoff success after having not seen it in 25+ years. Regardless, nothing we say or do will change anything as none of us have any influence on the personnel moves Dallas makes.
Yes sir you’re point is well taken. Good ole booger has made it tougher to remain a fan. But I’ll be DC4Life

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You were doing so well with the 1st sentence. Then is quickly morphed into delusional. Thanks for your input though, I'm sure I'll hear it again.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You were doing so well with the 1st sentence. Then is quickly morphed into delusional. Thanks for your input though, I'm sure I'll hear it again.

So simply because I legitimately questioned Dak my post became delusional? Interesting take on things from an unbiased observer. Thanks.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So simply because I legitimately questioned Dak my post became delusional? Interesting take on things from an unbiased observer. Thanks.
Correct. The nonsense talking points like" inability to elevate the team" is what you consider legitimate.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Correct. The nonsense talking points like" inability to elevate the team" is what you consider legitimate.

So then can you explain to me and others what you see in Dak that isn't a repeat of Romo so far? Just curious.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So then can you explain to me and others what you see in Dak that isn't a repeat of Romo so far? Just curious.
Irrelevant question, because they couldn't be more different. It also has NOTHING to do now. With Dak, we dump 50 on NY or Washington. Rush we might get a TD or two.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Irrelevant question, because they couldn't be more different. It also has NOTHING to do now. With Dak, we dump 50 on NY or Washington. Rush we might get a TD or two.

Look at last season when Dak played Washington and NYG: Dak threw 2 TD's and 2 INT's (in those games Dallas scored 21 and 27 points respectively and the defense held their opponents to 6 and 20 points)

I didn't see Dak dump 50 in those games and after leading Dallas to 3 points against TB you automatically assume Dak dumps 50?Okay.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If the Cowboys were still giving up 28 points per game the opinions of Cooper Rush would be much different.

Winning blinds such perceptions. Just win, and fans will love the QB. Just hope we never need 30 from him.
Don't you think the games are called by coaches according to what we needed to win? You don't think we could have scored more last week? Coaches were conservative because they knew they could be.

StarGazer1

Reaction score
Rush is a "Working Man".

It seems to me I could live my life
A lot better than I think I am
I guess that’s why they call me
They call me the workin’ man
[Chorus]
They call me the workin' man
I guess that's what I am

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Look at last season when Dak played Washington and NYG: Dak threw 2 TD's and 2 INT's (in those games Dallas scored 21 and 27 points respectively and the defense held their opponents to 6 and 20 points)

I didn't see Dak dump 50 in those games and after leading Dallas to 3 points against TB you automatically assume Dak dumps 50?Okay.
That wasn't the point. You like to twist words around. And cherry pick.
I clearly said WE dumped 50. Meaning the team. I did not say Dak.You're obsession w/ Dak is weird. We're simply a better offense with Prescott and it's not even close.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
to some of you. Rush is playing well, but with our defense allowing just 1 TD a game, it makes things easier for Rush and I'm glad of it. He had a few bad throws....two ints called back because of penalties. But, he's driving the bus. The offense is not on fire and if it wasn't for our defense the Rush love wouldn't be like it is. But I'm happy we have him for a backup.

I disagree that he would suck. He would be the same QB he is now. Which is a bus driver that doesn’t make mistakes and keeps the game close. That’s why I feel the offense will be more explosive when Dak comes back. But Cooper is exactly what we need right now.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
What's more insane? Are those propping Rush up like he's not a weak armed reserve back up that 31 other teams didn't find a need for. Then, trashing people who are homerific for Dak.
That's what is weird.

Exactly. It's like 1 extreme to the other... As I've said before, both are bus drivers that can help win games. Nothing more, nothing less.. Unfortunately one is getting paid real well...

shabazz

Reaction score
If the bus drives threw for 225 and 2 TDs while the two running backs had a combined 55 yards rushing and ZERO touchdowns , what does it make them?….