If it wasn't for our Defense, Rush would suck

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Rush would suck because he's playing pretty well.....

Now if KM called 60 passes a game and abandoned the run like he did when Dak was in there.... Rush would struggle without the solid run game to open up passing lanes and he's definitely not a quarterback who would flourish throwing 60 passes a game.

But we gotta give Rush his due.... he's balling right now.
:popcorn::hammer:

Dorsett33

Reaction score

Now if KM called 60 passes a game and abandoned the run like he did when Dak was in there.... Rush would struggle without the solid run game to open up passing lanes and he's definitely not a quarterback who would flourish throwing 60 passes a game.

Ok. You wouldn't say suck. But I also wouldn't say he's balling. My problem is if Dak put up those same numbers, people find a problem with it. I've said since day 1, that it's a team thing....not the defense, not Dak. It's everyone from coaches to players. But, MANY on here wanna say Rush is ballin but when Dak put's up similar numbers....it's a different story line and in a negative way...lol. So, I say if the defense would not be playing the way they are playing....we would get Dak sucks. So....Rush would suck if the defense wouldn't be playing lightsout

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Ok. You wouldn't say suck. But I also wouldn't say he's balling. My problem is if Dak put up those same numbers, people find a problem with it. I've said since day 1, that it's a team thing....not the defense, not Dak. It's everyone from coaches to players. But, MANY on here wanna say Rush is ballin but when Dak put's up similar numbers....it's a different story line and in a negative way...lol. So, I say if the defense would not be playing the way they are playing....we would get Dak sucks. So....Rush would suck if the defense wouldn't be playing lightsout
It simply doesn't matter if Dak could score 20 more points in those games, that Rush wins atm. What matters is, what games can Dak win that Rush couldn't? Where does he make the difference? So far I haven't seen them, you? If it's all just about the team, then why are QBs so outlandishly payed? Nah, at his position Dak has more responsibility than anyone else on the field.

Woulda coulda, in the end Dak has to beat the contenders someday despite the odds. I don't care if we beat garbage like Washington by 1 point or by 30. I mean that's whats so surprisingly great about Rush, why he does not suck. He keeps the boat afloat, just what a good backup QB does. Nothing more, nothing less. But you can't hold Dak just to that standard. If he wants to be the starter, then he wins against the big ones. That seperates the great QBs from the bus drivers.

It's not that I I'm saying he can't do it. When he's healthy again I want him to go out there and stomp the top 5 defenses into the ground. But so far he just hasn't shown it. SB or bust. Team sport yes, but the QB has the most influence on what's happening on the offensive side of the ball.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
It simply doesn't matter if Dak could score 20 more points in those games, that Rush wins atm. What matters is, what games can Dak win that Rush couldn't? Where does he make the difference? So far I haven't seen them, you? If it's all just about the team, then why are QBs so outlandishly payed? Nah, at his position Dak has more responsibility than anyone else on the field.

Woulda coulda, in the end Dak has to beat the contenders someday despite the odds. I don't care if we beat garbage like Washington by 1 point or by 30. I mean that's whats so surprisingly great about Rush, why he does not suck. He keeps the boat afloat, just what a good backup QB does. Nothing more, nothing less. But you can't hold Dak just to that standard. If he wants to be the starter, then he wins against the big ones. That seperates the great QBs from the bus drivers.

It's not that I I'm saying he can't do it. When he's healthy again I want him to go out there and stomp the top 5 defenses into the ground. But so far he just hasn't shown it. SB or bust. Team sport yes, but the QB has the most influence on what's happening on the offensive side of the ball.
I want the Cowboys to win a Superbowl. I don't care how. I don't care with who. As far as the pay.....yes the QB position is the most important position on the field but in no way does it mean that whomever is QB can win the Superbowl by themselves. It's just like working in any other industry, not eveyone makes the same pay. You have some that are considered more important, but the end goal is that you need every department and employee to complete that goal. The standard I hold for Dak is high. I think Dak is a top 10 QB in this league and I've played football for a long time. Dak has definitely shown that he can be a SB QB. If the Ravens can win with Trent Dilfer.....lol....and Dak is lights out better than Dilfer. And people were giving Dak the same issues before he signed his 40m contract. This just didn't happen.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
to some of you. Rush is playing well, but with our defense allowing just 1 TD a game, it makes things easier for Rush and I'm glad of it. He had a few bad throws....two ints called back because of penalties. But, he's driving the bus. The offense is not on fire and if it wasn't for our defense the Rush love wouldn't be like it is. But I'm happy we have him for a backup.
Rush is a good back up why must we swing extreme. He’s not replacing Dak and he doesn’t suck.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Without question the success of the defense helps make Rush seem better because the offense doesn't have to score as much, but I disagree that Rush would "suck" without that. At a minimum he has been very good for what you would expect from a backup QB.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Not sure why some fans need to cavil all the time no matter how the team is doing. It's not just one group winning these games. The coaching staff has improved this squad dramatically. Give credit where it's due. The players are having each others back which is something that hasn't been seen for quite sometime. This franchise has improved immensely since that Niners fiasco. Enjoy the improvement!
:lmao2:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
That's because one of them makes 40 million and the other makes league minimum. No kidding they're not evaluated the same.
So if Rush produces enough to get a big contract we can push him aside because he isn’t perfect-while knowing the next Mahomes or Rodgers will fairly easily be found in the draft

Dak had Rush’s stats at one time and “they” said look at his lowly stats. He’s garbage and the team only won because of the running game or insert the reason.

Later Dak also had much better stats at the same or a lower salary than Rush’s (wasn’t his rookie salary quite a bit lower) and “they” said stats don’t matter while criticizing incessantly.

It’s clear to me the salary isn’t the reason.

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score

Listen.... i definitely get it!! There are a few low IQ haters on here that are grossly hypocritical. Its this one person earlier I exposed for his fraudulent and hypocritical ways and silenced his *** when he couldn't answer legit questions.... he really got mad when I brought up the fact that he holds Dak to higher standards than 1st and 2nd round quarterbacks and Dak was drafted in the 4th!!!

He couldn't make sense of that and other questions, so he told me he's not responding to me anymore..... LOOOOOOL!!!

But i definitely understand what you're saying.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

I'm still scratching my head as to why Zeke was pulled against the Bucs. He was averaging 5 yards a carry, yet the played Pollard more than Zeke. And when Pollard couldn't produce, Moore just abandoned the run.

How in the hell is Moore a candidate for a HC job when he's doing BS like that?

GINeric

Reaction score
I'm still scratching my head as to why Zeke was pulled against the Bucs. He was averaging 5 yards a carry, yet the played Pollard more than Zeke. And when Pollard couldn't produce, Moore just abandoned the run.

How in the hell is Moore a candidate for a HC job when he's doing BS like that?

See.... a certain few here leave out the fact that Moore abandoned the run EVEN WHEN IT WAS WORKING.

Its not a coincidence that Rush has huge receiving lanes to throw the ball in due to the effectiveness of the run game. If Moore abandon the run while Rush is in there and have hime throwing the ball 60 times a game, Rush would definitely struggle. Thats not how our team is built, yet KM's dumb *** keep trying to force that issue while Dak is in there.

When or if Dak comes back as the starter..... he'll flourish even higher with the SAME game plan we've had the last couple of weeks. Dak would actually gain more with his legs as well.

Now I must say this.... I really respect how Rush has played and if he beat the Eagles, the starting job should be his for the remainder of the season just based off of the momentum and flow he has with the offense.

I used the Rams as a measuring stick, but the Rams aren't on the same level they were last year, so Rush should easily have success against them.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
to some of you. Rush is playing well, but with our defense allowing just 1 TD a game, it makes things easier for Rush and I'm glad of it. He had a few bad throws....two ints called back because of penalties. But, he's driving the bus. The offense is not on fire and if it wasn't for our defense the Rush love wouldn't be like it is. But I'm happy we have him for a backup.
hes the 4th rated QBR in the league? go to bed.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If the Cowboys were still giving up 28 points per game the opinions of Cooper Rush would be much different.

Winning blinds such perceptions. Just win, and fans will love the QB. Just hope we never need 30 from him.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Tim Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tebow was brutal to watch.
I remember the game against Miami.
He throw a little flair pass in the flat to his RB.
That ball was 12 ft. over his head.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
"Well, I don't care If dak comes back and losses every game I'll be fine with that. I just want dak back no matter if we win or not"

"Rush has me scared with these wins with no arm."

And this y'all is an example of someone who's not a fan of the team but has some kind of weird infatuation for Dak.. He said it himself. "I don't care If dak comes back and losses every game I'll be fine with that. I just want dak back no matter if we win or not"

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is suggesting that Cooper Rush is the next coming of Joe Montana. But the defense has been the same for Rush and Dak and Rush has managed to win all his games while Dak failed.
The teams from week 1 (one game) is the same as weeks 2-4?