If it wasn't for our Defense, Rush would suck

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You should be ashamed you're not able to understand what’s being discussed. So I’ll explain.

When Dak had Rush’s stats (comparable stats)he was on his rookie contract. Other than one or two games since and right before he got his contract he has had much better stats. He was leading the league in passing at one point I believe. He’s criticized when he has great stats too. I’m sure you’re aware of that.

The point is people are inconsistent in praise and critique—and it’s funny because he plays for “their” favorite team.

To sum up: when Dak had bus driver stats he was on his rookie contract and thus very comparable to Rush’s contract now.

Do you understand?

So in other words right before his rookie deal expired is when Dak's personal passing stats dramatically increased so as to improve his contract bargaining position all while the Dallas Cowboys record after Dak's rookie record of 13-3 went to a cumulative of 29-24 (games Dak missed in 2020 not counted)? Got it.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Of all the common analytical QB-defining statistics, EPA is the most impactful on a team’s win chances (without any other team context). Moreso than Passer rating, PFR AV, ANY/A, even QBR.

nkU6xDD.jpg

it’s a little more than just the defense
:clap:
Did Y'all see this chart? Nah? Ok.Carry on.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
So in other words right before his rookie deal expired is when Dak's personal passing stats dramatically increased so as to improve his contract bargaining position all while the Dallas Cowboys record after Dak's rookie record of 13-3 went to a cumulative of 29-24 (games Dak missed in 2020 not counted)? Got it.
That’s what happened in your mind? Right before his contract was up he started to put up good numbers?

Maybe that’s why you’re so off in your assessment. You don’t have the facts.

Here Hotshot. Check it out
https://www.google.com/search?q=dak+prescott+career+stats&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/dak-prescott-win-loss-record-as-starter-career

Compare his career win/loss or his career stats to his peers and he’s pretty good. Facts matter.

Last edited:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
That’s what happened in your mind? Right before his contract was up he started to put up good numbers?

Maybe that’s why you’re so off in your assessment. You don’t have the facts.

Here Hotshot. Check it out
https://www.google.com/search?q=dak+prescott+career+stats&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/dak-prescott-win-loss-record-as-starter-career

Compare his career win/loss or his career stats to his peers and he’s pretty good. Facts matter.

Hotshot? I don't have the facts? How old are you?

Dak's pass attempts went from 459 in 2016 (when Dallas finished 13-3) to a career high in 2019 & 2021 of 596 (when Dallas finished 8-8 and 11-5; Dak missed a game in 2021). He received a new contract in early 2021 after being franchise tagged in 2020.
So you do not see a correlation between pass attempts/performance and contracts???

For other examples look at DLaw and Zeke wherein they were putting up great numbers right before their new contracts were due and then what happened to them afterwards???

Brax

Reaction score
I totally get what you're saying....I feel the same way when yall put those stupid Dak posts up....:)
You lost when you said CR is winning because the the D was only giving up 1 TD a game, then how come Dak lost, you do know the D only gave up 1TD, Why don’t you quit while you’re a head Lmao did you even think before you posted it.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Hotshot? I don't have the facts? How old are you?

Dak's pass attempts went from 459 in 2016 (when Dallas finished 13-3) to a career high in 2019 & 2021 of 596 (when Dallas finished 8-8 and 11-5; Dak missed a game in 2021). He received a new contract in early 2021 after being franchise tagged in 2020.
So you do not see a correlation between pass attempts/performance and contracts???

For other examples look at DLaw and Zeke wherein they were putting up great numbers right before their new contracts were due and then what happened to them afterwards???
What’s his overall record as a starter and how does it compare to his peers.

Don’t worry about my age. It’s personal at this point. Though I think it’s in my profile if you want to check out my bio. :)

Is your assertion that he started calling more pass plays to pad his stats as if he’s the coordinator?

Last edited:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
What’s his overall record as a starter and how does it compare to his peers.

Don’t worry about my age. It’s personal at this point. Though I think it’s in my profile if you want to check out my bio. :)

Is your assertion that he started calling more pass plays to pad his stats as if he’s the coordinator?

I wish those that support Dak would come to a decision if wins/losses are a QB stat or a team stat.

As for your bio, thanks but I'm not one of those types of members.

Regarding pass attempts, there has been proof that Dak would call out of running plays to change to passing plays so it's clearly possible.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wish those that support Dak would come to a decision if wins/losses are a QB stat or a team stat.

As for your bio, thanks but I'm not one of those types of members.

Regarding pass attempts, there has been proof that Dak would call out of running plays to change to passing plays so it's clearly possible.

True only stat that should matter is win or lose yet had Dak put up these stats he would have people questioning what is wrong with the offense. Cowboys have smoked teams like NY and Washington and when Dak has put big points on them people will say he did not play anyone? go figure. Rush comes in and helps win these games and people are ecstatic, why because there is no expectation. Hell most here wanted him cut a couple of years ago including this past training camp. I think what rush as done has been big for this team but I do find they hypocrisy astounding when people will claim Dak beat no one and yet Rush has?

Lastly wins/losses are team and QB get too much credit for wins and too much blame for loses has been that way for a long time.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
True only stat that should matter is win or lose yet had Dak put up these stats he would have people questioning what is wrong with the offense. Cowboys have smoked teams like NY and Washington and when Dak has put big points on them people will say he did not play anyone? go figure. Rush comes in and helps win these games and people are ecstatic, why because there is no expectation. Hell most here wanted him cut a couple of years ago including this past training camp. I think what rush as done has been big for this team but I do find they hypocrisy astounding when people will claim Dak beat no one and yet Rush has?

Lastly wins/losses are team and QB get too much credit for wins and too much blame for loses has been that way for a long time.

Dak put up similar stats in 2018 actually as well as 2016 so not sure why people are knocking Rush when they countered the people knocking Dak.

Personally I just think Cowboys fans are people that have been drinking the hope juice for 25+ years and are now detoxing.

GMO415

Reaction score
Same defense holding opponents to less than 20 points when Dak returns. I don't expect him to go "scorched earth" either.

terra

Reaction score
to some of you. Rush is playing well, but with our defense allowing just 1 TD a game, it makes things easier for Rush and I'm glad of it. He had a few bad throws....two ints called back because of penalties. But, he's driving the bus. The offense is not on fire and if it wasn't for our defense the Rush love wouldn't be like it is. But I'm happy we have him for a backup.
The number of QBs that are on the winning side when the Defense gives up 30 pts a game is rather limited.
So to be blunt all this post is - frankly - another shot at Rush by another Dak fan boy

blueblood70

Reaction score

:hammer:Dak hater dont want to hear the truth.. good things our coaches know better,:popcorn:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
:hammer:Dak hater dont want to hear the truth.. good things our coaches know better,:popcorn:

Dak haters make claims of how we are not excited about Rush? of you kidding me, I love what he has done thus far and I hope we can continue to win. What they fail to do is acknowledge the same, next time Dak and this offense goes out and smokes NY or Washington, I don't want to hear oh it is just NY or Washington. Right now we are winning by the skin of our teeth even vs bad teams but we are winning and I will take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak haters make claims of how we are not excited about Rush? of you kidding me, I love what he has done thus far and I hope we can continue to win. What they fail to do is acknowledge the same, next time Dak and this offense goes out and smokes NY or Washington, I don't want to hear oh it is just NY or Washington. Right now we are winning by the skin of our teeth even vs bad teams but we are winning and I will take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week.

You say "Dak haters" as if this place was pro-Dak just a few seasons ago. They are "haters" now because they simply left the honeymoon stage and have seen what a few of the original "haters" saw halfway through his rookie season.

You're still trying to catch up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak put up similar stats in 2018 actually as well as 2016 so not sure why people are knocking Rush when they countered the people knocking Dak.

Personally I just think Cowboys fans are people that have been drinking the hope juice for 25+ years and are now detoxing.

I'm not knocking Rush, again I love we are able to win games. Frankly I don't know why fan would want to knock Rush or Dak? As for performance again when Dak as gone out put up big numbers all I hear is he did not play anyone it somehow does not count.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Interesting that you refer to anyone that is critical of Dak as a Dak hater when I said Dak is a better QB than Rush but that neither will guide this team to a Super Bowl. So how about engaging in adult dialogue as opposed to insinuations and silly little gif's.