If Jason Garrett goes, so should Dak Prescott

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The biggest thing is that if Garrett gets fired and Dallas gets a new head coach, he will be told he is inheriting Prescott.

Many times a new head coach wants his own QB.

True but then most coaches that get hired will go through the process of brining in players they like across the board.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
When Dak was great, Romo was here. Yeah, I know, I know...it was "Sanchez" who allegedly was the genius who helped him so much. After Romo left, Dak has had only proven losers in his ear (Garrett and Moore). See what he does under Kitna or (wishful thinking) a REAL head coach.

mmohican29

Reaction score
That's not "pseudo-bouncing" - it's advice.

And I don't know you, so I don't "respect you". So, I don't give a damn if you respect me or not. NEXT.

Cool. In that case I'll just directly tell you your entire post is not only a bad football premise, but also a testimony to unfounded anxiety. In other words, I'm glad I'm not a family pet on game day when something goes south and the voices tell you that "Mr. Snuggles" needs correction.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Cool. In that case I'll just directly tell you your entire post is not only a bad football premise, but also a testimony to unfounded anxiety. In other words, I'm glad I'm not a family pet on game day when something goes south and the voices tell you that "Mr. Snuggles" needs correction.

"You're wrong" - great counter argument.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Prescott and Garrett have no correlation. I'd be curious to see how Prescott would do under an open offense like the Eagles, or Rams.

I think Garrett holds him back more than anything, but I don't know if it's by design because they have no confidence in Prescott, or Garrett is just stuck in a 1970s style offense and can't adjust to modern day.

blueblood70

Reaction score
With Garrett being in the final year of his contract and Jerry Jones already talking this team up - this needs to be it. If Garrett fails to improve upon what we did in 2018, he needs to walk and take Prescott with him.

Normally, I wouldn't attach a player to the coach, but whatever coach we bring in should be allowed to draft the QB that best suits their system. The 2020 QB class is looking to be deep, you potentially have Tua who is in the mold of a Russel Wilson, Herbert who can make every throw on the field with good mobility, and your prototypical pocket passer in Fromm - then you have interesting prospects such as Costello and Eason whom could end up being late first round to early second round picks as well.

Unless Garrett and Prescott take the next step, we should not consider them our future and there will be plenty of options out there to replace and move on.
If and Butts , should coulda woulda blah blah blah...

this year will tell tail, New OC , Hot seat for Garett and they added a few new RBs to help Zeke, depth at Online, Cobb, witten back..i mean its make or break for a lot of this staff for sure..

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
The biggest thing is that if Garrett gets fired and Dallas gets a new head coach, he will be told he is inheriting Prescott.

Many times a new head coach wants his own QB.

Maybe we can hamstring him with a $30M AAV Prescott.

Big_D

Reaction score
Garrett needs to go, there's no doubt about that! But you don't get rid of the QB til you have a solid plan in place. You don't just send him packing and go with White. The team needs to keep him until it's addressed one way or another. Otherwise they would be shooting themselves in the foot!

JBond

Reaction score
With Garrett being in the final year of his contract and Jerry Jones already talking this team up - this needs to be it. If Garrett fails to improve upon what we did in 2018, he needs to walk and take Prescott with him.

Normally, I wouldn't attach a player to the coach, but whatever coach we bring in should be allowed to draft the QB that best suits their system. The 2020 QB class is looking to be deep, you potentially have Tua who is in the mold of a Russel Wilson, Herbert who can make every throw on the field with good mobility, and your prototypical pocket passer in Fromm - then you have interesting prospects such as Costello and Eason whom could end up being late first round to early second round picks as well.

Unless Garrett and Prescott take the next step, we should not consider them our future and there will be plenty of options out there to replace and move on.
Load up draft picks to move up for Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

JBond

Reaction score
tenor.gif
Could ba a case of the front office, coach and Qb all have major deficiencies.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That's the problem. Same thing that was happening with Romo is happening with Dak and Zeke, but the finger always points in a different direction. Who can we blame in 2019? That's the question. Moore? Marinelli? Richard? Jerry? McClay? Stephen? lol Add someone new to the long list of scapegoats. anyone but the actual culprit. The HC.

Yup. LOL

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Garrett needs to go, there's no doubt about that! But you don't get rid of the QB til you have a solid plan in place. You don't just send him packing and go with White. The team needs to keep him until it's addressed one way or another. Otherwise they would be shooting themselves in the foot!

Wait, great QBs grow on trees, right? Shouldn't be any problem replacing Dak with an elite Super Bowl ready QB that everybody would love, right? Piece of cake. Just Dump Dak and plug in elite replacement. :facepalm:

Hadenough

Reaction score
I tend to agree that when Garrett is gone that Dak should be allowed to test the FA market. Daks a bargain on this rookie contract but if you pay him 30 mil the fun is over and the walls come tumbling down to reality.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Romo never took the next step, yet neither you or your Romosexual holics ever demanded to replace and move on from him. Instead, even right now as we speak, you still whine for him.

JUST SHUT IT ALREADY. YOU SOUND SO PATHETICALLY DESPERATE AND FOOLISH.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Talk about self destruction for all to see. SMH

ghst187

Reaction score

Disagree. If Dak shows signif improvement but we get beaten in the playoffs AGAIN because our coaches can’t scheme, plan, adjust, or manage a game...you toss your top 15 starting Qb? The hardest to find yet most important position on the field. (Frankly, id rank him top 12 easily maybe 10 but used 15)

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wait, great QBs grow on trees, right? Shouldn't be any problem replacing Dak with an elite Super Bowl ready QB that everybody would love, right? Piece of cake. Just Dump Dak and plug in elite replacement. :facepalm:

"HURR DURR NFL HARD! MUST ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY!"

73e.jpg

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Romo never took the next step, yet neither you or your Romosexual holics ever demanded to replace and move on from him. Instead, even right now as we speak, you still whine for him.

JUST SHUT IT ALREADY. YOU SOUND SO PATHETICALLY DESPERATE AND FOOLISH.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Talk about self destruction for all to see. SMH

Stop derailing threads with trying to bring everything back to Romo. You're not clever, you have no debate skills, you know it and everyone else knows it. You're, I'm guessing, a grown man and you still struggle to discuss sportsball. It's sportsball, my dude. Anyone with an IQ at 75 and above can discuss this rationally.

Next.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could ba a case of the front office, coach and Qb all have major deficiencies.

I don't think they could be a winning team for three consecutive years with all of those factors having "major deficiencies".