If Jason Garrett goes, so should Dak Prescott

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
1. Then quote them. Who said this?

2. I really don't care about rushing TDs from a QB, I care about what they can do with their arm. Show me the amount of scrambling QBs that weren't great passers that won championships

3. A 10-6, 12-4, and 13-3 seasons in the past 10 years does not take away that we hover around 8-8 to 9-7 normally. At our peak, we can't get beyond the divisional round. We are mediocre

What you're pointing out are outliers. Next.

Little boy go play your sorry game with someone who cares what you think.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
1. Then quote them. Who said this?

2. I really don't care about rushing TDs from a QB, I care about what they can do with their arm. Show me the amount of scrambling QBs that weren't great passers that won championships

3. A 10-6, 12-4, and 13-3 seasons in the past 10 years does not take away that we hover around 8-8 to 9-7 normally. At our peak, we can't get beyond the divisional round. We are mediocre

What you're pointing out are outliers. Next.
Just because YOU don't care, I'm pretty certain the team and staff appreciate a QB that can score in multiple ways. If all you care about are passing statistics to your liking, that's on you. But wins and losses as a team are what matter. And in the Prescott era, the team has been very good.

Next.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Rushing TDs isn't the primary thing you are looking for in a QB, but ultimately the goal is to score TD's, therefore you can't ignore rushing TD's when determining whether a QB has been effective getting those TDs.
When it's the same as our 4th overall pick, elite RB I'd say it's relevant.

Besides, look what gaudy stats got us with the last QB.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When it's the same as our 4th overall pick, elite RB I'd say it's relevant.

Besides, look what gaudy stats got us with the last QB.

In the end, every player has to use whatever talents they have to get the job done, and as long as we are getting the TD's it doesn't bother me a bit if some of them involved the QB carrying the ball across the goal line.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
In the end, every player has to use whatever talents they have to get the job done, and as long as we are getting the TD's it doesn't bother me a bit if some of them involved the QB carrying the ball across the goal line.
Same here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
True but our strengths of the team has changed. We were a top 10 offense that carried a mostly bottom tier defense. Now that’s been practically flipped. So, yea winning is winning, etc.

But if we’d had a better defense to go with that offense the results would have most likely been more favorable. And if we had a better offense to compliment this defense we’d most likely have more favorable results.

The problem I see is we are fixing to pay our lesser side of the ball more. That could be a problem? We built this team with investments for our strength to be on offense. There’s basically one major position that’s preventing it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Rushing TDs isn't the primary thing you are looking for in a QB, but ultimately the goal is to score TD's, therefore you can't ignore rushing TD's when determining whether a QB has been effective getting those TDs.
Rushing TD’s isn’t usually a stat your looking for with NFL QB’s. It actually could reflect another weakness. Which in this case last year was Redzone passing offense.

In the NFL if a QB’s legs or rushing are his best asset doesn’t bode well long term. Scrambling and mobility is an asset if it’s aiding the passing threat not rushing yards for the QB.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rushing TD’s isn’t usually a stat your looking for with NFL QB’s. It actually could reflect another weakness. Which in this case last year was Redzone passing offense.

In the NFL if a QB’s legs or rushing are his best asset doesn’t bode well long term. Scrambling and mobility is an asset if it’s aiding the passing threat not rushing yards for the QB.

As my post said, it isn't the primary thing you are looking for with an NFL QB ….

But ultimately a TD is a TD, and it is no less 6 points whether the QB passes for a TD, runs for a TD, or hands the ball off for a TD. If we get the TDs we need, who cares what form it comes in. If we don't, we need to look at something else.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True but our strengths of the team has changed. We were a top 10 offense that carried a mostly bottom tier defense. Now that’s been practically flipped. So, yea winning is winning, etc.

But if we’d had a better defense to go with that offense the results would have most likely been more favorable. And if we had a better offense to compliment this defense we’d most likely have more favorable results.

The problem I see is we are fixing to pay our lesser side of the ball more. That could be a problem? We built this team with investments for our strength to be on offense. There’s basically one major position that’s preventing it.

As my post said "as long as we are getting the TD's …" Last year we weren't until after Cooper was acquired. Ultimately the team has to decide how to get TD's, and if it happens, then who cares what form they come in? If it doesn't, a change has to be looked at.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As my post said "as long as we are getting the TD's …" Last year we weren't until after Cooper was acquired. Ultimately the team has to decide how to get TD's, and if it happens, then who cares what form they come in? If it doesn't, a change has to be looked at.
Of course but overall we weren’t . Scoring TD’s was an issue. Cooper helped the situation but didn’t totally resolve it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As my post said, it isn't the primary thing you are looking for with an NFL QB ….

But ultimately a TD is a TD, and it is no less 6 points whether the QB passes for a TD, runs for a TD, or hands the ball off for a TD. If we get the TDs we need, who cares what form it comes in. If we don't, we need to look at something else.
I appreciate you attempting to be diplomatic .

CB61

Reaction score
Here's one thought on that idea is Dak Prescott really better then he's been playing? Has it been the coaching staff holding him back? My opinion is if he had a decent coaching staff there and a decent offensive coordinator last couple years results may be different so I don't know if I show Garrett the door if I also show dak the door

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course but overall we weren’t . Scoring TD’s was an issue. Cooper helped the situation but didn’t totally resolve it.

We weren't until we got Cooper, although you are right that Cooper didn't completely solve the issue. In 2016 we were, and in 2017 it was something in between. Ultimately the team has to figure how what will work consistently, and if there are problems, what changes need to be made. The fact the QB runs for a few TDs here and there isn't automatically the problem though.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Heck if Dak is making 30 mil a season he aint going no where and if he wants JG he aint going no where either.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We weren't until we got Cooper, although you are right that Cooper didn't completely solve the issue. In 2016 we were, and in 2017 it was something in between. Ultimately the team has to figure how what will work consistently, and if there are problems, what changes need to be made. The fact the QB runs for a few TDs here and there isn't automatically the problem though.
No, but it could be a result of the problem. It’s possible that the changes that need to be made aren’t completely obtainable within our QB’s skill set.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here's one thought on that idea is Dak Prescott really better then he's been playing? Has it been the coaching staff holding him back? My opinion is if he had a decent coaching staff there and a decent offensive coordinator last couple years results may be different so I don't know if I show Garrett the door if I also show dak the door
Our coaching staff didn’t hold Romo back. And it didnt appear to be holding Elliot back or Cooper.

It’s entirely possible that Daks skill set is holding himself back.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

If the core issue is the QB’s skill set we will be looking at it for years to come. And then it becomes more about how we overcome these flaws not actually resolve them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, but it could be a result of the problem. It’s possible that the changes that need to be made aren’t completely obtainable within our QB’s skill set.

I'm not saying it couldn't be, just that it isn't necessarily. There isn't anything wrong with QBs running the ball in as long as it is just the result of taking advantage of a QB's abilities, but obviously if it is a symptom or result of a bigger problem that's another story.