If Jason Garrett goes, so should Dak Prescott

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Nobody in management has to go if we get bad QB play and that's what prevents the team from succeeding. The logical person to jettison in that circumstance is Dak himself. In fact, given their love of Garrett, if this unlikely scenario plays out (i.e. Dak's QB play is subpar but the rest of the team generally plays well enough to win), I think we can expect Jerry to find a way to keep Garrett and just replace Dak.

Garrett couldn't even make it to the show with Romo, so now it's Dak's fault?
After all these years of Garrett's ineptitude, we should still give Garrett a pass and blame the QB. :huh:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Garrett is doing just fine , it's a process . Give him 10 more years , and he'll get there .

It's simply a matter of faith , .5000000 will get us into the superbowl someday .

Actually it was probably Daks fault for all the years Garrett failed even before Dak was here. Anything to prop up Garrett and blame Dak.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
What is a 4 year contract for? I would say this should be Dak's make it or break it year.

You're talking like Prescott is in the same boat as Bortles, Rosen, etc... That"s what's hilarious. Make or break isn't happening with Dak. He will get signed. And, hopefully lead this young team to a Super Bowl. They aren't going to let him go, sign some nobody or a Wilson like QB and make a run. Get real.

If they don't go far. Hopefully Garrett will be gone. Then, I could see the new head coach evaluating Dak. Hell, he and his staff will evaluate the whole roster.

So, you spout off all of this crap on Dak, yet, you would extend Dak before Zeke? Who has also PROVEN he can play and makes a difference? Yeah, hoping that light possibly turns on. Or doesn't. I don't care.

Big_D

Reaction score
Actually it was probably Daks fault for all the years Garrett failed even before Dak was here. Anything to prop up Garrett and blame Dak.

That's the problem. Same thing that was happening with Romo is happening with Dak and Zeke, but the finger always points in a different direction. Who can we blame in 2019? That's the question. Moore? Marinelli? Richard? Jerry? McClay? Stephen? lol Add someone new to the long list of scapegoats. anyone but the actual culprit. The HC.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You're talking like Prescott is in the same boat as Bortles, Rosen, etc... That"s what's hilarious. Make or break isn't happening with Dak. He will get signed. And, hopefully lead this young team to a Super Bowl. They aren't going to let him go, sign some nobody or a Wilson like QB and make a run. Get real.

If they don't go far. Hopefully Garrett will be gone. Then, I could see the new head coach evaluating Dak. Hell, he and his staff will evaluate the whole roster.

So, you spout off all of this crap on Dak, yet, you would extend Dak before Zeke? Who has also PROVEN he can play and makes a difference? Yeah, hoping that light possibly turns on. Or doesn't. I don't care.

First off, Rosen is a rookie - stop pretending like he's had 3 years in the league. You get Dak was playing like one of the WORST starting QBs in the league the second half of 2017 and a good portion of 2018...right?

This thing that Dak's future is already solidified before he plays his fourth season is the problem with this organization. Again, stop accepting mediocrity and then crying when we don't get a championship.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Nice diversionary tactic. I advice you to stop trying to bring up politics. i am not going to say more than your characterization is way off base and your memory of what i wrote is flat wrong.

You said that the championship game was not enough and wining the SB might not be enough. IOW, the "next step" is all but unattainable.

You seem angry, btw, you should go do something else.

I'm bringing up you abandoning ship and not showing your troll face whenever you're wrong - not about politics in general, genius. You don't like being wrong, and you often are - that's why you disappear into holes of the interwebs - by the way, we found where you were hiding before after you flubbed.

I don't think a championship game is good enough to save Garret's job - i think it's a better excuse to bring him back than another divisional round exit. However, after 9 years as being our coach, and over a decade with us - um yeah, I'm kinda looking for an actual trophy.

We're not talking about a coach in his second season here, bud.

Anything else?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Love how you pseudo bounce people for not falling in line with your random anxiety attack threads like this one with Dak at the epicenter.

I always read your posts because I respect your opinions, but to boyzmamacita's point it is old: and a bit weird.

That's not "pseudo-bouncing" - it's advice.

And I don't know you, so I don't "respect you". So, I don't give a damn if you respect me or not. NEXT.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm bringing up you abandoning ship and not showing your troll face whenever you're wrong - not about politics in general, genius. You don't like being wrong, and you often are - that's why you disappear into holes of the interwebs - by the way, we found where you were hiding before after you flubbed.

I don't think a championship game is good enough to save Garret's job - i think it's a better excuse to bring him back than another divisional round exit. However, after 9 years as being our coach, and over a decade with us - um yeah, I'm kinda looking for an actual trophy.

We're not talking about a coach in his second season here, bud.

Anything else?

I left that place because of the constant mean-spiritedness and i have demonstrated repeatedly here and elsewhere that i have no issue admitting i am wrong; don't deign to speak for me: you are not up to the task. Why this so important to you is an interesting question. Feeling inadequate?

And you found me after i left that place? What sleuth "we" are! I was right here. Good job.

I do like how you are bringing up something from over two years ago as if that has anything to do with the conversation at hand. I've been in your head for a long time it seems.

And thank you for demonstrating my point. Even the NFCCG or SB is not enough for you to want to keep Dak. No point in trying to assuage a determined malcontent; last word is yours

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I left that place because of the constant mean-spiritedness and i have demonstrated repeatedly here and elsewhere that i have no issue admitting i am wrong; don't deign to speak for me: you are not up to the task. Why this so important to you is an interesting question. Feeling inadequate?

And you found me after i left that place? What sleuth "we" are! I was right here. Good job.

I do like how you are bringing up something from over two years ago as if that has anything to do with the conversation at hand. I've been in your head for a long time it seems.

And thank you for demonstrating my point. Even the NFCCG or SB is not enough for you to want to keep Dak. No point in trying to assuage a determined malcontent; last word is yours

LOL oh woe is me, Fuzzy. You were wrong, the predictions you held onto were wrong, your arguments were wrong, and you left when you this was all confirmed in front of the very people you were also "mean-spirited" to. Stop pretending you come in with good intent, you're as snarky and "mean" as anyone. You're not a victim, you're a troll. Now, moving on.

> Even a SB is not enough for you to want to keep Dak

What are you talking about? If Dak gets a ring, it would be hard for me or anyone to argue against giving him a contract. There are obviously things you could point to, if the team seriously carries him by some miraculous way we build a 2000s level Ravens D or something, but I would imagine if we win a Super Bowl that Dak elevates his game drastically.

As for Garrett, the excuses are exhausted. He's had enough time to help build up his team and mold them into what he wants, and we have 5 divisional round exits with him - 2 as an OC and 3 as a HC.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
First off, Rosen is a rookie - stop pretending like he's had 3 years in the league. You get Dak was playing like one of the WORST starting QBs in the league the second half of 2017 and a good portion of 2018...right?

This thing that Dak's future is already solidified before he plays his fourth season is the problem with this organization. Again, stop accepting mediocrity and then crying when we don't get a championship.

While I agree that Dak wasn't the best last season. He still helped win games solely on him. I noticed no mention of Bortles in your spat... lol.. Okay, maybe the Rosen wasn't a good comparison. So, how about Winston? Carr? Mariota, Keenum? I could go on. Because there were more ranked below Dak.

Yes, there needs to be improvement with Dak. Garrett has hit his ceiling IMO. I've wanted him gone for years. But, the players play for him, like him even. And Dak does a good job leading and I believe can only get better. Course. This next season he has a QB coach that has a little more experience in the league than last year's juicebox QB coach.

Only thing that sucks is that Juicebox Guy is the OC.

I do believe Dak has a better year this year. I think he should finish out his rookie contract before talks start about a new one. Though, I am not keen to how all that works.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
While I agree that Dak wasn't the best last season. He still helped win games solely on him. I noticed no mention of Bortles in your spat... lol.. Okay, maybe the Rosen wasn't a good comparison. So, how about Winston? Carr? Mariota, Keenum? I could go on. Because there were more ranked below Dak.

Yes, there needs to be improvement with Dak. Garrett has hit his ceiling IMO. I've wanted him gone for years. But, the players play for him, like him even. And Dak does a good job leading and I believe can only get better. Course. This next season he has a QB coach that has a little more experience in the league than last year's juicebox QB coach.

Only thing that sucks is that Juicebox Guy is the OC.

I do believe Dak has a better year this year. I think he should finish out his rookie contract before talks start about a new one. Though, I am not keen to how all that works.

My mention of Bortles was me mentioning Dak was playing at a level Bortles played at from mid 2017 to mid 2018. Dak is ranked right around where Winston, Carr, and Mariota are ranked

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/dak-prescott/10769
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/derek-carr/8671
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/jameis-winston/9434
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/marcus-mariota/9435

I think Dak's future is already written in stone because the Jones dopes love him, but what they SHOULD do is stupid - putting out there you're already thinking about extending Dak before his final contract year is unbelievable, and the tune should change if he goes out and plays as poorly as he did in 2017 to mid 2018.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

It's idiotic to judge any player from a partial season. How more clear can your hatred be? It's also pathetic to point out those struggling sections without mentioning the team around him. YES!!!! QBs need talent around them. His 3 seasons haven't been All World HOF, but who's had a better first 3 seasons? He's not the reason we didn't go further in the playoffs.

Do you think it makes sense to wait another year when the QB market goes up even more when some older contracts get extended?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's idiotic to judge any player from a partial season. How more clear can your hatred be? It's also pathetic to point out those struggling sections without mentioning the team around him. YES!!!! QBs need talent around them. His 3 seasons haven't been All World HOF, but who's had a better first 3 seasons? He's not the reason we didn't go further in the playoffs.

Do you think it makes sense to wait another year when the QB market goes up even more when some older contracts get extended?

> from a partial season

It's a partial of two seasons, and he wasn't exactly lighting it up in the other halves of 2017 and 2018. His peak in 2017 and 2018 were ranked as middling - not great. Ignoring his stretch of lows, how more clear can your love be?

> YES!!!! QBs need talent around them

No one said otherwise, many QBs haven't had a lot of talent around them and didn't play at the level Dak did in 2017 and a good portion of 2018.

> His 3 seasons haven't been All World HOF

We know. So stop jumping to his defense every time someone points out a mediocre QB is a mediocre QB

> but who's had a better first 3 seasons? He's not the reason we didn't go further in the playoffs.

First 3 seasons? So we are, yet again, adding in his rookie season? I care about where he's at now.

Next.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
> from a partial season

It's a partial of two seasons, and he wasn't exactly lighting it up in the other halves of 2017 and 2018. His peak in 2017 and 2018 were ranked as middling - not great. Ignoring his stretch of lows, how more clear can your love be?

> YES!!!! QBs need talent around them

No one said otherwise, many QBs haven't had a lot of talent around them and didn't play at the level Dak did in 2017 and a good portion of 2018.

> His 3 seasons haven't been All World HOF

We know. So stop jumping to his defense every time someone points out a mediocre QB is a mediocre QB

> but who's had a better first 3 seasons? He's not the reason we didn't go further in the playoffs.

First 3 seasons? So we are, yet again, adding in his rookie season? I care about where he's at now.

Next.
Yes. I like to be accurate and consider the entire body of work, not pick and choose what I need to use and repeat the word "mediocre" a hundred more times.
Love? Whatever makes you feel mighty! I'm all for a better player at all positions, you can't handle a difference in opinion. Then you act all tough, lol.
Can't answer the question, I get it. Do you need to win the internet or something?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yes. I like to be accurate and consider the entire body of work, not pick and choose what I need to use and repeat the word "mediocre" a hundred more times.
Love? Whatever makes you feel mighty! I'm all for a better player at all positions, you can't handle a difference in opinion. Then you act all tough, lol.
Can't answer the question, I get it. Do you need to win the internet or something?

You consider the entire body of work, rather than where he has developed and got to now? Where he's at now, he's middling. He's ranked around #20 with the highest being #17 from every analytical site out there. PFF, ESPN's QBR, and Football Outsiders. That puts him around where both Derek Carr and Mariota rank. That's not exactly what I'd consider exciting - oh, and Carr was right there for MVP status in 2016 as well before his injury knocked him out. We still consider Carr great?

> Love? Whatever makes you feel mighty!

Same to you for thinking I "hate" Dak. It's funny how you and Fuzzy Wuzzy turn into victims the moment your arguments get flipped.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You consider the entire body of work, rather than where he has developed and got to now? Where he's at now, he's middling. He's ranked around #20 with the highest being #17 from every analytical site out there. PFF, ESPN's QBR, and Football Outsiders. That puts him around where both Derek Carr and Mariota rank. That's not exactly what I'd consider exciting - oh, and Carr was right there for MVP status in 2016 as well before his injury knocked him out. We still consider Carr great?

> Love? Whatever makes you feel mighty!

Same to you for thinking I "hate" Dak. It's funny how you and Fuzzy Wuzzy turn into victims the moment your arguments get flipped.
I'll take a QB who's careful with the ball and stays on the field over gaudy fantasy football stats. I'd rather have a player who we don't have to sign over the moon to keep on the roster. Prescott is very good and has been a part of a pretty solid era. Look what the gunslinger stat-tastic Romo got us. It's a team game. You keep dreaming of an exciting QB. I'll take balance.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The biggest thing is that if Garrett gets fired and Dallas gets a new head coach, he will be told he is inheriting Prescott.

Many times a new head coach wants his own QB.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The biggest thing is that if Garrett gets fired and Dallas gets a new head coach, he will be told he is inheriting Prescott.

This is a sad fact, especially with Dak not being extended beyond this year.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Wanting his own QB and getting it are different. I can't think of many that got that wish.