If Jerry never mentioned "All in"

Aven8

Reaction score
He did exactly what he knew would happen. He got everyone in football talking about us……

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I'm cracking up lol lol lol lol lol 15 minutes lol cockeyed! Lol

In that 15 minutes did you get any real substance from the conversation? Takes at least 12 minutes to get past the uhhhh hhmmmmmm well let me uhhhhh hmmm kkkkkkkkkkkkk
Sounds as if you know which interview I’m referring to cuz it was loaded with incomplete answers and musings of non-topic related material.

Jerry’s an old dude but usually manages to present the facade of younger man but not this interview. Hell, I felt bad for him. I was looking for drool at the corners of his mouth. If the news would have broken the day after that interview that Mr. jones was no longer with us, I would have said, “No ****, did you see him 12 hours ago?”

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Sounds as if you know which interview I’m referring to cuz it was loaded with incomplete answers and musings of non-topic related material.

Jerry’s an old dude but usually manages to present the facade of younger man but not this interview. Hell, I felt bad for him. I was looking for drool at the corners of his mouth. If the news would have broken the day after that interview that Mr. jones was no longer with us, I would have said, “No ****, did you see him 12 hours ago?”
You're killing me man lol lol lol lol lol lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
To Jethro they are.

Remember he thinks we have a good enough QB and team overall .

Not sure when fans are going to start taking into account how he sees things .
I hate when I hear that comment and see us lose to teams with less talent making me believe we really don't have talent!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's been all in for 28 years can't you tell. He's just not good at it.

He should have said, I'm doing what I do every year, so get the child-like gear and the tickets.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In that case, they may have an opening in the front office for you, lol

Most fans and media outlets took all in as actually IMPROVING the failed roster.....not keeping the status quo
Surely anyone who’s followed me for years knows I’m not supporting him. I just have followed Jethro closely for 35 years and may have a better understanding and insight however disheartening it is.

First of all he believes our roster is good enough. Far from a failed roster in his mind. Those are talking points from fans and the media not our front office.

And his intent was to try and keep it together as much as possible . Dak and MM were two most critical aspects calling for both of their heads which he intent on retaining. That should have told everyone status quo.

Fans see what they want to see. But as always watch what they do not what they say.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Would it not have bothered you so much that we weren't active in free agency so early?
Jerry didn't bring up being all in first. He was asked the question, "Are you all in?". Do you expect him to just say no? It's the media that reported it as if he purposefully stated on his own that the Cowboys are all in. The media set him up to say that line and they ran with it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hate when I hear that comment and see us lose to teams with less talent making me believe we really don't have talent!!
Our ownership doesn’t usually see the weaknesses and holes until after the fact.

But remember upsets do happen in the NFL. And while I’d argued all season our team was over hyped we also weren’t playing our best ball down the stretch while Packers were.

Look how they took SF to the brink the following week. Love looks to be one of the next good QB’s.

Perception is important. Just because they were 7th seed and 9-8 doesn’t mean they didn’t provided a tough out. And the fact Egirls collapsed and Lions basically gifted us 2nd seed provided we were probably more than we were.

Regardless , we shouldn’t have been blown out but there were signs that we weren’t a lock to advance and go as deep as some had thought.

But what you or I see doesn’t matter. It’s what Jethro sees or at least presents publicly. And I’d argue he thinks it was a total fluke. That we are one of the most talented teams that simply choked or had a very poor performance which many fans bought into also. If you follow that perception then status quo is enough to follow with a few tweaks and focus of draft.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry didn't bring up being all in first. He was asked the question, "Are you all in?". Do you expect him to just say no? It's the media that reported it as if he purposefully stated on his own that the Cowboys are all in. The media set him up to say that line and they ran with it.
Yep

He tells us what we want to hear.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He has communicated the same way for 35 years. That has been long enough to comprehend what comes out of his mouth. Some people do not what to understand him.
Right

Many don’t even want to listen to or hear him.

But if we really want to study and understand him we must also watch what he does , not just what he says.

He’s often like a public elected official . Sly as a Fox . And selling an image.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I never fully bought all in, in terms of signing like a 20m per year guy or a huge trade but I thought maybe they’d sign like a luvu type guy in the 10-12 range and call it a day. One impact guy. That said I’d still be kind of annoyed that the approach hasn’t changed a bit.
The all in quote is secondary.

My issue is it’s just the same way to build a roster, I was cautiously optimistic or hoping they’d say let’s just try to do things slightly different.

Creeper

Reaction score
If he did not use the term "all in" I would have expected almost exactly what we are seeing. The one difference is I would have expected more activity signing our own free agents. I was pretty sure we would retain one of Armstrong and Fowler, and one of Lewis and Gilmore.

Jerry never used the phrase all in before so it appealed to the wishful thinker in me. After all, we all know what this teams needs after last season so why not use free agency to get it? There were a few excellent DT options and I was hoping Jerry would snag one.

But Jerry lied, and now they are gaslighting us. He said "all in". I think reasonable people understand what all in means in this sense. Now he and Stephen are trying to tell us it means something different - it is Orwellian.

IMO, the signings of Lewis and Goodwin were deals they rushed to close after seeing the frustration and anger from Cowboys fans. They are mocking us.

ghst187

Reaction score
Once the off-season is over and we haven’t made any major moves, people will ask about the comment again and Jerry will say
“We are all in every season”

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right

And then misconstrued it to believe what they wanted it to be.