If Jerry never mentioned "All in"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If he did not use the term "all in" I would have expected almost exactly what we are seeing. The one difference is I would have expected more activity signing our own free agents. I was pretty sure we would retain one of Armstrong and Fowler, and one of Lewis and Gilmore.

Jerry never used the phrase all in before so it appealed to the wishful thinker in me. After all, we all know what this teams needs after last season so why not use free agency to get it? There were a few excellent DT options and I was hoping Jerry would snag one.

But Jerry lied, and now they are gaslighting us. He said "all in". I think reasonable people understand what all in means in this sense. Now he and Stephen are trying to tell us it means something different - it is Orwellian.

IMO, the signings of Lewis and Goodwin were deals they rushed to close after seeing the frustration and anger from Cowboys fans. They are mocking us.
They appeal to public perception. Tell us what we want to hear and do what they wanted to anyway.

Big_D

Reaction score
When teams like the niners and packers are wiping the field with you a change in philosophy is implied. Not here. Jerry didn’t have to say a word. He does nothing but talk in circles to begin with!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would it not have bothered you so much that we weren't active in free agency so early?
Anyone that listens to Jerry and takes him seriously is either a new fan or a fool....it doesn't bother me either way. Honestly, I don't listen to Jerry interviews....I don't know why some do, if it bothers them so much.

MikeT22

Reaction score
It’s actually pretty funny how Jerry’s rambling trying to sell a lame duck season totally blew up.

We were just running it back with Big Mike on his final year and no extension. Just hired an out of work retread as DC on a one year contract.

On top of it, the jist of Jerry’s statement was about being all in with the big contract guys this year like Dak, Micah and CeeDee. Dak and his contract has em by the short hairs.

If you looked at what was happening, listen to what was actually said, read between the lines, on top of knowing Jerry, you’d have known it wasn’t about making a big splash.

But watching Jerry get eviscerated by fans and the media has been entertaining. Would be funnier if I weren’t actually a fan of the team, but I guess it’s about little victories.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
But watching Jerry get eviscerated by fans and the media has been entertaining. Would be funnier if I weren’t actually a fan of the team, but I guess it’s about little victories.
It's plenty funny to me, but it should have started happening 20 years ago. The media has been afraid of Jerry all these years for some reason.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dust off one of those old trophies jerry, that will let them know you're all in.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Would it not have bothered you so much that we weren't active in free agency so early?

Think after that embarrassing home PO loss and he supposedly being in distraught status and him saying all in, think some took that as being like the Rams during the SB run couple of years ago. Especially since he said he wanted one more SB before he retires from this universe.