If Kellen Moore doesn't get a shot it proves one thing...

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Well I think your onto something. I think the reason why we didn't draft a runningback was because of the FO. They thought that anyone could run behind this oline.

Bringing in MacFadden was Jerry's idea. Its quite possible that was another reason why we didn't draft a running back.

Its too bad though. We are so close to winning the big game. If only if the FO stops interfering and let the coaches decide whats best for the team.

I actually don't think our running game is that bad. Obviously we lost some pieces so it'll trickle down to the run game. But we got Christine Micheal which was a good trade.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
The front office is calling the shots...and not the coaching staff. Linehan wants Moore. Sounds like Garrett supports Linehan. So if this season goes South....I'm gonna blame the front office for not being on the same page as the coaches. Nothing tears a team apart faster than a front office meddling w/ coaches decisions..

And forcing players like Cassell into bad situations

Comments?.......

We needed 2 threads for this?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The front office is calling the shots...and not the coaching staff. Linehan wants Moore. Sounds like Garrett supports Linehan. So if this season goes South....I'm gonna blame the front office for not being on the same page as the coaches. Nothing tears a team apart faster than a front office meddling w/ coaches decisions..

Comments?.......

How in the hell do you know that Moore is not getting his shot because of the front office? Did Linehan call you?

You're not biased.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Comments?.......

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions . . . nobody knows what the FO and the staff have to say or whether or not they get together on which specific issues. They conduct their conversations behind closed doors. Feel free to fabricate your story to accomodate your agenda, however, if it floats your boat. It's entirely possible that Linehan realizes Moore isn't ready yet. I surely haven't heard Cassel complaining about any bad situation that he's been abused by. In fact, he's stated that he's tickled pink to be with the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Or I could defend my guy knowing he is the best QB we got..... 50-3... No other QB has ever done that...

Maybe not, but several QBs have had similar records in college and it means nothing in the NFL. Ken Dorsey comes to mind and played a much tougher schedule.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
How do we know Linehan wanted Moore to start

Then why would he be here if Linehan didn't want him? This FO /Jerry has a history of meddling...and this Cassell trade is just the lastest chapter. When are people ever gonna realize this?

Don't be shocked if this turnes into something bigger. See Bill Callahan.* This wouldn't be the first time the FO has burned a coordinator by sticking them w/ players that don't fit their system...all in the name to sell tickets.

robjay04

Reaction score
So one loss that can be contributed towards crippling injuries and suddenly Jerry gets the blame?

I am no Weeden supporter but I do not think Kellen Moore is the answer. Weeden should get a couple more starts for now unless he completely stinks up a game for us.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Comments?.......

No it means that to you. Claiming if Moore does not play the front office is calling shot? Based on what Where has Linehan claimed he favored Moore?

mickswag

Reaction score
Then why would he be here if Linehan didn't want him? This FO /Jerry has a history of meddling...and this Cassell trade is just the lastest chapter. When are people ever gonna realize this?

Don't be shocked if this turnes into something bigger. See Bill Callahan.* This wouldn't be the first time the FO has burned a coordinator by sticking them w/ players that don't fit their system...all in the name to sell tickets.

Big difference in Linehan wanting him here vs. wanting him here to start.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I didnt say anything about Linehan wanting here. I said how do you know Linehan wanted him to start. If Linehan wanted him to do anything more then run the scout team, he would have been on the 53 when he signed and not the PS

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Having Linehan want to bring Moore to Dallas or tell Garrett he thinks highly of Moore would prove nothing other than he feels he may have a future in football. Moore was not the backup in Det he was a 3rd string QB if Linehan felt that strongly for Moore why not make him backup? why not let him compete for the starters job while in Det? Liking some one or feeling they have a chance to develop is a lot different than what you are trying to claim

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Kellen Moore doesn't get a shot it proves one thing...

Comments?.......
If Kellen Moore doesn't get a shot it proves one thing...that Weeden/Cassell give us a better chance to win?