If Kellen Moore doesn't get a shot it proves one thing...

Sydla

Reaction score
Then why would he be here if Linehan didn't want him? This FO /Jerry has a history of meddling...and this Cassell trade is just the lastest chapter. When are people ever gonna realize this?

Don't be shocked if this turnes into something bigger. See Bill Callahan.* This wouldn't be the first time the FO has burned a coordinator by sticking them w/ players that don't fit their system...all in the name to sell tickets.

This is your proof?

Holy hell.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't be shocked if this turnes into something bigger. See Bill Callahan.* This wouldn't be the first time the FO has burned a coordinator by sticking them w/ players that don't fit their system...all in the name to sell tickets.

Over a PS QB?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Then why would he be here if Linehan didn't want him? This FO /Jerry has a history of meddling...and this Cassell trade is just the lastest chapter. When are people ever gonna realize this?

Just so you know, this is the type of craziness that leads to a guy like Tim Tebow not being on an NFL roster. Granted he's not a starting QB, but he was worth developing, if not for the hordes of fans calling for him constantly. Now you're only one guy, so it's easy enough to disregard you, but my god you couldn't be any more biased. It's a huge leap to suggest Linehan wants Moore to start just because he brought him in and there is no evidence to suggest that. Moore is a good option for the practice squad/3rd QB on roster because he's worth developing, but he's limited physically. He's on the 53, because we needed a back-up QB incase Weeden gets hurt and the odds are, he's released when we get to activate Hardy/McClain next week, since the plan is likely to start Cassell after the bye week.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Just so you know, this is the type of craziness that leads to a guy like Tim Tebow not being on an NFL roster. Granted he's not a starting QB, but he was worth developing, if not for the hordes of fans calling for him constantly. Now you're only one guy, so it's easy enough to disregard you, but my god you couldn't be any more biased. It's a huge leap to suggest Linehan wants Moore to start just because he brought him in and there is no evidence to suggest that. Moore is a good option for the practice squad/3rd QB on roster because he's worth developing, but he's limited physically. He's on the 53, because we needed a back-up QB incase Weeden gets hurt and the odds are, he's released when we get to activate Hardy/McClain next week, since the plan is likely to start Cassell after the bye week.

Practice squad.....hmmmm. You act like the guy is a rookie. The guy has been in Linehan's system longer.....3+ years...and people want to just hand over the keys to a guy that has been here 2 weeks.

I think Moore is gonna get a shot. Fans may not like it....but he has been developing....under Linehan. Now is his time. Nobody saw Romo coming.....(except for insiders) and this situation is alot like that. Don't forget it were you heard this first.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Practice squad.....hmmmm. You act like the guy is a rookie. The guy has been in Linehan's system longer.....3+ years...and people want to just hand over the keys to a guy that has been here 2 weeks.

I think Moore is gonna get a shot. Fans may not like it....but he has been developing....under Linehan. Now is his time. Nobody saw Romo coming.....(except for insiders) and this situation is alot like that. Don't forget it were you heard this first.

You guys are worse with Kellen Moore then Horns fans are with Colt McCoy lol

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Well I think your onto something. I think the reason why we didn't draft a runningback was because of the FO. They thought that anyone could run behind this oline.

Bringing in MacFadden was Jerry's idea. Its quite possible that was another reason why we didn't draft a running back.

Its too bad though. We are so close to winning the big game. If only if the FO stops interfering and let the coaches decide whats best for the team.

We didn't draft a tailback because the ones that were good were already gone. And we had bigger fish to fry on defense and Byron Jones was the best ranked player when they got to pick. Then they had Gregory fall into their laps in the second round.

This is the same FO that supposedly 'interfered' because they didn't draft Sharrif Floyd who doesn't fit our scheme and instead drafted Travis Frederick which was supposedly a terrible pick. Frederick turned out to be the best center the team has had since Mark Stepnoski.

And it's not like McFadden was projected to start. His contract is basically a pay-for-play type of deal. If you were going to set McFadden in stone as the starter...you would make sure to lock him up. Instead, it was pretty apparent that Randle was penciled in as the starter all along. So, who made that decision?

Weeden completed 85% of his passes for 9 yards per attempt (which included a Williams drop). Whether people like it or not....it's extremely proficient for a QB and I would bet that neither Moore (who I'm a fan of) or Cassel could have done anything as well as that. In order to hit that high of a percentage of passes and get that high of a YPA, you've got to be hitting the open guy and hitting them right on the money.

And if this was all a Jerry decision on Weeden, they would not have brought in Cassel. Why would you bring in a guy to possible usurp the new starting QB then?

Meanwhile, our defense blows to high heaven and couldn't stop Eli and was fortunate to play an awful Eagles offense. The Patriots might put up 60 against us.

YR

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

You do realize he was released and no one claimed him to the 53 man roster, right? We eventually promoted him, but he was available and 32 teams said he wasn't good enough to be on there roster. That says practice squad. Now he may develop into a better back-up QB than Weeden and Cassell, but there is nothing to suggest that is the case now, let alone this guy has starter potential.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Never in the history of the Internet have I seen one player get so much hate. And people call yourself fans. You would think fans would be delighted that maybe/perhaps they may have stumbled upon a decent QB. But nope.....this forum would rather crap on him and his supporters. Go figure. Have a nice day. :)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The front office is calling the shots...and not the coaching staff. Linehan wants Moore. Sounds like Garrett supports Linehan. So if this season goes South....I'm gonna blame the front office for not being on the same page as the coaches. Nothing tears a team apart faster than a front office meddling w/ coaches decisions..

And forcing players like Cassell into bad situations

Comments?.......

GO-HOME-YOURE-DRUNK.jpg

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The front office is calling the shots...and not the coaching staff. Linehan wants Moore. Sounds like Garrett supports Linehan. So if this season goes South....I'm gonna blame the front office for not being on the same page as the coaches. Nothing tears a team apart faster than a front office meddling w/ coaches decisions..

And forcing players like Cassell into bad situations

Comments?.......

Evidence, please?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Never in the history of the Internet have I seen one player get so much hate.

Go back a few years and check out some Romo threads here

And people call yourself fans. You would think fans would be delighted that maybe/perhaps they may have stumbled upon a decent QB. But nope.....this forum would rather crap on him and his supporters. Go figure. Have a nice day. :)

When we stumble across a decent QB (besides Romo), I'll be delighted.

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
Romo was a practice squad QB. Gotta start somewhere... ;)

I agree with this on so many levels. Give him a shot. Seriously what do we have to lose. He was a Heisman runner up and the winningest QB in NCAA history wasn't he?
He knows the playbook better than Cassel right now, and has more male parts than Weeden.

KELLEN! KELLEN! KELLEN! KELLEN!

Im on this train. Give the kid his shot, this show cant get any worse.

Big question is, what do we do if he comes out BIG? Trade? QB controversy?

Flame suit on.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
If Moore doesn't get a shot it means............absolutely nothing. You could at least try to look past your Boise bias.

Boise bias? I'm a Boise State fan too, but how could it hurt at this point? You've got some other tricks in the bag with Weeden nobody knows about?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never in the history of the Internet have I seen one player get so much hate. And people call yourself fans. You would think fans would be delighted that maybe/perhaps they may have stumbled upon a decent QB. But nope.....this forum would rather crap on him and his supporters. Go figure. Have a nice day. :)

Now I know you are trolling.

Jeff Heath laughs at your statement of "Never in the history of the Internet have I seen one player get so much hate"
Greg Ellis laughs at your statement of "Never in the history of the Internet have I seen one player get so much hate"
Twill laughs at your statement of "Never in the history of the Internet have I seen one player get so much hate"
Old Emmitt Smith laughs at your statement of "Never in the history of the Internet have I seen one player get so much hate"
Marion Barber laughs at your statement of "Never in the history of the Internet have I seen one player get so much hate"
TO laughs at your statement of "Never in the history of the Internet have I seen one player get so much hate"
Drew Bledsoe laughs at your statement of "Never in the history of the Internet have I seen one player get so much hate"
Vinny T laughs at your statement of "Never in the history of the Internet have I seen one player get so much hate"
I could go on and on and on...