If Kellen Moore doesn't get a shot it proves one thing...

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Or I could defend my guy knowing he is the best QB we got..... 50-3... No other QB has ever done that...

What he did in college means nothing. So many QBs come out of college with great records and stats and never amount to anything. I'm not saying to not give him a shot but not based on his college stats. He needs to prove it in practice and what not.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Boise bias? I'm a Boise State fan too, but how could it hurt at this point? You've got some other tricks in the bag with Weeden nobody knows about?

It hurts because not every team we play will be as good as Atlanta. And not every week, will we be short Dez Bryant, Greg Hardy, Rolondo McClain, Randy Gregory, Ron Leary and Jeremy Mincey. Kellen Moore more than likely would have been worse than Weeden considering his knowledge of the playbook, lack of experience and limited physical tools. There are still games that are winnable and now is not the time to play someone who by all accounts is an inferior player just because we don't know "what it could hurt."

Sydla

Reaction score
Never in the history of the Internet have I seen one player get so much hate. And people call yourself fans. You would think fans would be delighted that maybe/perhaps they may have stumbled upon a decent QB. But nope.....this forum would rather crap on him and his supporters. Go figure. Have a nice day. :)

LOL.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I actually don't think our running game is that bad. Obviously we lost some pieces so it'll trickle down to the run game. But we got Christine Micheal which was a good trade.

Thats the problem. Are running game has become to the point where its NOT THAT BAD. Last year was sheer domination and we imposed our will on other teams. Thus we had lots of situation with 3rd and short and play action pass which helped Romo out quite a bit.

Thats no longer there. Our running game is accepted by MOST Cowboys fan as NOT THAT BAD. I'm not satisfied with NOT BAD. I want DOMINATING and statements like "impose our will" on other teams.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Oh brother.

We can grumble all we like.

One reason were successful is because we have kept the lid on Jerry recently. If it weren't for Garrett, Stephen, and McCray we would have had Johnny Football instead of Martin. Think about that.....

Jerry does takes matter into his own hands at times. MacFadden was his baby. I bet it played a big part in us not drafting running back in the mid rounds. Sometimes Jerry still gets what he wants at times. Thats too bad.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
We didn't draft a tailback because the ones that were good were already gone. And we had bigger fish to fry on defense and Byron Jones was the best ranked player when they got to pick. Then they had Gregory fall into their laps in the second round.

This is the same FO that supposedly 'interfered' because they didn't draft Sharrif Floyd who doesn't fit our scheme and instead drafted Travis Frederick which was supposedly a terrible pick. Frederick turned out to be the best center the team has had since Mark Stepnoski.

YR

Point taken.

But I don't believe for one second that there weren't tailbacks available in the mid rounds. I see that as nothing more than PR spin by the front office. We will rue the day by letting this opportunity slip all because we thought that anyone can run behind this oline. I'm ok with letting Murray leave in FA. However, we should have found a way to try and equal his productivity and should have looked for a back that has equal or better qualities than Murray. There were still several on this types of backs left in the 3rd round or lower.

As of now our run game is not nearly as close to what it was last year. We have gone back to a pass happy offense - using more dink and dunk passes to our backs. We no longer can impose our will on other teams because our backs are more of a change of pace types rather than the workhorse type of back. Thats too bad. And all that it took was getting a runningback in the midrounds.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Point taken.

But I don't believe for one second that there weren't tailbacks available in the mid rounds.

And I don't believe for one second that any of those RB's would have contributed more than what Randle, McFadden and Dunbar are contributing now.

Tevon Coleman is hurt and only averaging 3.9 ypc and 0 receptions.

Ameer Abdullah has yet to gain 100 yards on the season.

David Johnson has gained a whopping 67 yards this season.

Duke Johnson has gained a whopping 68 yards this season.

The only rookie RB's that were drafted and have done anything are Melvin Gordon (already gone by the time we drafted) and Matt Jones
We will rue the day by letting this opportunity slip all because we thought that anyone can run behind this oline.

What opportunity?

It was a weak RB draft class outside of Gordon and Gurley (who is injured).

I'm ok with letting Murray leave in FA. However, we should have found a way to try and equal his productivity and should have looked for a back that has equal or better qualities than Murray.

Equaling the productivity of a RB that set the NFL record for 100 yard games rushing in a row to start a season and had the most yards rushing of any Cowboys player in a season in the history of the organization is a pretty tall order. And quite frankly, it's just unreasonable.

If you wanted Murray, your best bet was to retain him.

And now look at him....he's had 11 rushing yards on 21 carries and is out with a hamstring injury. Seems like we made the right move to me by letting him go.

There were still several on this types of backs left in the 3rd round or lower.

Where?

Why are they not performing well?

Why is Melvin Gordon the only RB that is performing decently (4.3 ypc)?

As of now our run game is not nearly as close to what it was last year. We have gone back to a pass happy offense - using more dink and dunk passes to our backs. We no longer can impose our will on other teams because our backs are more of a change of pace types rather than the workhorse type of back. Thats too bad. And all that it took was getting a runningback in the midrounds.

We are dink and dunk because we lost Dez. Williams really doesn't have the skills to be a consistent deep ball threat.

I'm not happy with the run game either. I don't like Randle in short yardage and McFadden is too inconsistent.

But, what you're asking for is unreasonable and doesn't make any sense. You want to equal the production of a player with a mid-round rookie RB when that player set records for rushing last year. And none of the mid-round rookies, outside of Matt Jones who had 1 good game, have shown anywhere near an inkling of the talent Murray has.

We need to get Dez and Romo back. Free is a real concern because he looked like garbage in the second half. And we still scored 28 points on offense with Brandon Weeden and no Dez with a hobbling Witten. What we need to be concerned about is the defense. Particularly that since the 90's this defense continually finds ways to disappoint at home. They tend to perform more consistently on the road than they do at home.

YR

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I don't believe for one second that any of those RB's would have contributed more than what Randle, McFadden and Dunbar are contributing now.

Tevon Coleman is hurt and only averaging 3.9 ypc and 0 receptions.

Ameer Abdullah has yet to gain 100 yards on the season.

David Johnson has gained a whopping 67 yards this season.

Duke Johnson has gained a whopping 68 yards this season.

The only rookie RB's that were drafted and have done anything are Melvin Gordon (already gone by the time we drafted) and Matt Jones

What opportunity?

It was a weak RB draft class outside of Gordon and Gurley (who is injured).

Equaling the productivity of a RB that set the NFL record for 100 yard games rushing in a row to start a season and had the most yards rushing of any Cowboys player in a season in the history of the organization is a pretty tall order. And quite frankly, it's just unreasonable.

If you wanted Murray, your best bet was to retain him.

And now look at him....he's had 11 rushing yards on 21 carries and is out with a hamstring injury. Seems like we made the right move to me by letting him go.

Where?

Why are they not performing well?

Why is Melvin Gordon the only RB that is performing decently (4.3 ypc)?

We are dink and dunk because we lost Dez. Williams really doesn't have the skills to be a consistent deep ball threat.

I'm not happy with the run game either. I don't like Randle in short yardage and McFadden is too inconsistent.

But, what you're asking for is unreasonable and doesn't make any sense. You want to equal the production of a player with a mid-round rookie RB when that player set records for rushing last year. And none of the mid-round rookies, outside of Matt Jones who had 1 good game, have shown anywhere near an inkling of the talent Murray has.

We need to get Dez and Romo back. Free is a real concern because he looked like garbage in the second half. And we still scored 28 points on offense with Brandon Weeden and no Dez with a hobbling Witten. What we need to be concerned about is the defense. Particularly that since the 90's this defense continually finds ways to disappoint at home. They tend to perform more consistently on the road than they do at home.

YR

Great post YR.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Then why would he be here if Linehan didn't want him? This FO /Jerry has a history of meddling...and this Cassell trade is just the lastest chapter. When are people ever gonna realize this?

Don't be shocked if this turnes into something bigger. See Bill Callahan.* This wouldn't be the first time the FO has burned a coordinator by sticking them w/ players that don't fit their system...all in the name to sell tickets.

So let me get this straight.

The FO is meddling and screwing with Scott because they picked up a vet QB with starting experience, whose won games, instead of going along with a guy who in 4 years has yet to be able to get himself above 3rd string?

Perhaps the real issue here is the coaching staff has seen what Kellen is currently providing them and they don't want to wager the season on him if he were to need to play.

Crazy I know. But these NFL coaches and stuff they tend to take more into account then rather the guy was a great college QB at their favorite school.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The front office is calling the shots...and not the coaching staff. Linehan wants Moore. Sounds like Garrett supports Linehan. So if this season goes South....I'm gonna blame the front office for not being on the same page as the coaches. Nothing tears a team apart faster than a front office meddling w/ coaches decisions..

And forcing players like Cassell into bad situations

Comments?.......

trollin trollin trollin...floaty keeps on trollin....

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
If Moore doesn't get a shot it means that he's not ready or worse than weeden and cassell.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
So let me get this straight.

The FO is meddling and screwing with Scott because they picked up a vet QB with starting experience, whose won games, instead of going along with a guy who in 4 years has yet to be able to get himself above 3rd string?

Perhaps the real issue here is the coaching staff has seen what Kellen is currently providing them and they don't want to wager the season on him if he were to need to play.

Crazy I know. But these NFL coaches and stuff they tend to take more into account then rather the guy was a great college QB at their favorite school.

Or maybe this coaching staff is so gutless they do what they are told by management. I honestly think If Jerry told this group to go on a one week bender....and forget the 4 straight losses...they just might do it. That's how gullible Ginger is. Don't worry about game planning...we will use last seasons since it got a W in Seattle.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Or maybe this coaching staff is so gutless they do what they are told by management. I honestly think If Jerry told this group to go on a one week bender....and forget the 4 straight losses...they just might do it. That's how gullible Ginger is. Don't worry about game planning...we will use last seasons since it got a W in Seattle.

Oh yeah. That totally makes more sense then the fact that Moore simply hasn't been good enough to get himself off PS/third string.

Which, as I figured, you have nothing when it comes to Moore but your Boise State man crush.