If Lawrence's demands are out of hand?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
My point is there could be a better defense with 2 rotating units on the DL that the dropoff in production is very minimal and keeps the DL fresh the whole game. Rather then depending on one guy making 20mil and ur not able to build that 2nd rotation of DL and you give up easy scores because that 2nd rotation cant handle the job.
We all love "stars", but we have to realize that counting on a "star" player is putting all your eggs in one basket. DL is the star of the Dline but it doesn't mean the unit as a whole can't be better without him. I hope they find a contract that makes sense for both sides … but if they don't & we move on so be it.

MaaS

Reaction score
It amazes me how people didnt watch the first 4 games this yr of Charlton. He was very good. Just injuries took the next 8 weeks from him. And he got a little attitude and the coaches had to humble him.

Why pay Flowers 16mil that you know would be overpaying. When you can trade Lawrence have that extra 20mil and draft capital and bring in a guy Fowler or aaron lynch or even slide Crawford to the strong side where he would be a better fit then the right side. Now youre able to bring in a 3tech to rotate with Collins or draft say Tillery in round 2 Or a Oliver in round one.

My point is there could be a better defense with 2 rotating units on the DL that the dropoff in production is very minimal and keeps the DL fresh the whole game. Rather then depending on one guy making 20mil and ur not able to build that 2nd rotation of DL and you give up easy scores because that 2nd rotation cant handle the job.

Agreed, Taco looked good for the first few games. We certainly shouldn't give up on him. The guy was 23 during the season. Some of us take a little more time than that to grow up lol

On the question:

I'd sign or trade Lawrence in that order. I wouldn't play him on the 2nd tag. If we trade Lawrence, Ziggy Ansah is an intriguing option to me. Spotrac has his projected cost at 13.5 ish per year.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
There is no hard cap in baseball. It's not the same.

Guaranteed money is guaranteed money, which for me is the stumbling block on Tank's demands.

But thanks for the salary cap 101 insight. :rolleyes: