If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin

CCBoy

Reaction score
Of course he can. What makes you think he couldn’t
You answered nothing. No he couldn't, he's an abrasive personality...and conflict follows him in the NFL. You knew that, right?

DallasInDC

Reaction score
The Cowboys would have to trade for Tomlin, unless he is fired (won't be). He's got a year left on his contract.

If he steps down I could see him taking a year off, like Payton did. He'd get TV work if he wanted it.
Why take a year off with this many vacancies... assuming he was fired.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
Do tell, how about this:

Gilmore allowed four catches on four targets for 81 yards and a touchdown, according to Pro Football Focus. The allowed yardage was 20 more than the next Cowboy. He allowed a 158.3 passer rating and didn't break up a single pass. His 33.9 coverage grade was his lowest of the season.

On the touchdown, Gilmore gave up almost a 10-yard cushion to Dontayvion Wicks and still got burned by the in-breaking route. On an earlier rep against Romeo Doubs, Gilmore was literally run off the screen. That clip has since gone viral on social media.

Gilmore quietly had a great season for the Cowboys, but his age and declining athleticism got exposed against the Packers. He wasn't responsible for every blown coverage, but big-game Gilmore was nowhere to be found on Sunday.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/dak-...w-before-cowboys-packers-boucher-01hm4vbqmkx3

(If you are going to judge, then do some)
I meant those weird records like first team to do 3 straight 12 win seasons and not make a championship game.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I have a hunch that Tomlin might leave Pittsburgh after the loss today. If Mike McCarthy is gone, I want Tomlin. He's a tough coach. He can bring a mindset to this team that it's been lacking for a while. He is a defencive-minded HC, and he has a lot of intensity. Hopefully, he can get a good OC and can make us a much more physical team. He might be able to find us a good running game and a good run defence. I think he would be exactly what we need.
Literally the same coach no thanks. Dude hasn’t won a playoff game since 2015 yikes.

Xeven

Reaction score
Tomlin career was built on Cowherd and Rothlisburger.

UncleRico

Reaction score
You answered nothing. No he couldn't, he's an abrasive personality...and conflict follows him in the NFL. You knew that, right?
You asked if he could handle the offensive situation and I answered you. Are you a bot because you don’t make any sense.

He has won everywhere he has been. Stanford, 49ers and Michigan were not good when he got there. Won the Pac12 with Stanford, won the NFC with 49ers, won a national title at Michigan. I think he could handle it just fine.

So now with all the evidence pointing in my favor- you answer my question: what has he done to show he can’t handle the offensive situation?

You must be an Ohio State fan

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I like Tomlin, too, I posted some updates on his situation from Twitter, but it got moved to the NFL forum. If you’re interested in seeing what’s going on with him and his team/reporters.

quickccc

Reaction score
The Cowboys would have to trade for Tomlin, unless he is fired (won't be). He's got a year left on his contract.

If he steps down I could see him taking a year off, like Payton did. He'd get TV work if he wanted it.
Exactly.