If N.E. win, they will be the new "America's Team"

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
LA=Pancakemaker said:
Cause I am sick of seeing her , And I could really give 2 sheots about him too. The Eagles suck!!!

And how do you feel about the NE?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
These "new America's Team" comes out every year, especially when a team has a good 3-5 year run. When they've pulled off a couple of decades of finishing near the top not only in the standings, but in TV ratings and merchandise sales, give me a call. I remember Jerry Jones on Norm's show say one time that out of Fox's Top 10 All Time rated television show, 6 of them were made up of football games the Cowboys were playing in.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Americas Team will always be associated with the Cowboys. That will not change no matter what the Pats do. Dallas did not claim themselves as Americas Team NFL films did and Tex just rode that claim for all it was worth. Landry actually did not like the label because he felt it motivated other teams when they faced us.

LA=Pancakemaker

Benched
Reaction score
And how do you feel about the NE?
I dont mind them ...

By Rich Cimini / New York Daily News (KRT)
February 1, 2005

NEW YORK - Turns out that Bill Parcells knew what he was doing when it came to shopping for the groceries.

It has been eight years since Parcells' bitter divorce from the Patriots, but his fingerprints still can be found on the New England roster. In fact, there are six holdovers from the Tuna era (1993 to 1996), five of whom will play prominent roles in Super Bowl XXXIX against the Eagles.

Say hello to the New England Six Pack - wide receiver/cornerback Troy Brown, linebackers Tedy Bruschi, Ted Johnson and Willie McGinest, cornerback Ty Law and kicker Adam Vinatieri. They broke into the NFL under Parcells, survived two coaching changes and countless injuries and became the foundation of the Patriots' near-dynasty.

"We call ourselves the 'Four-Timers,' " Bruschi said this week, referring to the number of Super Bowl appearances in their careers. "We have a special fraternity among us. We hit rock bottom at 5-11 (in 2000), dug ourselves out and won two championships."

The Patriots lost the Super Bowl after the 1996 season, and a few days later, Parcells bolted for the Jets because he had been stripped of his power over personnel. Upon leaving, Parcells delivered the famous quote, saying the person who does the cooking should be entitled to shop for the groceries.

Parcells left behind a well-stocked cupboard for Pete Carroll, who was fired after three seasons. In came Bill Belichick, who convinced the New England Six to buy into his philosophy.

"It's never the same team every single year, but there are a good group of core guys, and the guys that come in every year understand what it takes to play for this team," Vinatieri said.

If the Patriots beat the Eagles Feb. 6 in Jacksonville, there's a good chance one or more of the Four-Timers will be in the headlines. Bruschi and Vinatieri are among the best in the league at their positions; Brown has emerged as a two-way phenomenon; McGinest is known for making clutch defensive plays and Johnson is a heart-and-soul player who embodies the personality of the defense.

That they've gone to four Super Bowls is "mind-boggling," according to Johnson. The league record is six Super Bowl appearances, held by Mike Lodish, who played for the Bills and Broncos. Twelve others went to five Super Bowls. "This is something you should cherish," Bruschi said. "I hope I can talk to the younger guys on the team and make them see how I'm approaching this. We've got some second-year players who already have been to the Super Bowl twice, and I want to make them understand this doesn't happen every year. This is very, very special."

jimmy40

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
Are you people crazy? Not only is NE taking our 3 out of 4 year crown but they are aiming to be the "New America's Team". Seriously, I don't care how much a rival the :iggles: are I am going for Philli for two reasons,

1st. because as a individual I want to see D.McNab be successful and win as a Black QB for once in what 12 years (D. Williams#17).

2. Its no way in the world would I ever accept being Texas's Team when we are the real America's Team :lombardi:
I hope McNabb gets his arse kicked because if Philly wins we will never EVER hear the end of it from their fans and those idiots will multiply because the Champs fans always do and I think I'm gonna puke just thinking about it.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
LA=Pancakemaker said:
I dont mind them ...

By Rich Cimini / New York Daily News (KRT)
February 1, 2005

NEW YORK - Turns out that Bill Parcells knew what he was doing when it came to shopping for the groceries.

It has been eight years since Parcells' bitter divorce from the Patriots, but his fingerprints still can be found on the New England roster. In fact, there are six holdovers from the Tuna era (1993 to 1996), five of whom will play prominent roles in Super Bowl XXXIX against the Eagles.

Say hello to the New England Six Pack - wide receiver/cornerback Troy Brown, linebackers Tedy Bruschi, Ted Johnson and Willie McGinest, cornerback Ty Law and kicker Adam Vinatieri. They broke into the NFL under Parcells, survived two coaching changes and countless injuries and became the foundation of the Patriots' near-dynasty.

"We call ourselves the 'Four-Timers,' " Bruschi said this week, referring to the number of Super Bowl appearances in their careers. "We have a special fraternity among us. We hit rock bottom at 5-11 (in 2000), dug ourselves out and won two championships."

The Patriots lost the Super Bowl after the 1996 season, and a few days later, Parcells bolted for the Jets because he had been stripped of his power over personnel. Upon leaving, Parcells delivered the famous quote, saying the person who does the cooking should be entitled to shop for the groceries.

Parcells left behind a well-stocked cupboard for Pete Carroll, who was fired after three seasons. In came Bill Belichick, who convinced the New England Six to buy into his philosophy.

"It's never the same team every single year, but there are a good group of core guys, and the guys that come in every year understand what it takes to play for this team," Vinatieri said.

If the Patriots beat the Eagles Feb. 6 in Jacksonville, there's a good chance one or more of the Four-Timers will be in the headlines. Bruschi and Vinatieri are among the best in the league at their positions; Brown has emerged as a two-way phenomenon; McGinest is known for making clutch defensive plays and Johnson is a heart-and-soul player who embodies the personality of the defense.

That they've gone to four Super Bowls is "mind-boggling," according to Johnson. The league record is six Super Bowl appearances, held by Mike Lodish, who played for the Bills and Broncos. Twelve others went to five Super Bowls. "This is something you should cherish," Bruschi said. "I hope I can talk to the younger guys on the team and make them see how I'm approaching this. We've got some second-year players who already have been to the Super Bowl twice, and I want to make them understand this doesn't happen every year. This is very, very special."
:eek:wned:

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I hope McNabb gets his arse kicked because if Philly wins we will never EVER hear the end of it from their fans and those idiots will multiply because the Champs fans always do and I think I'm gonna puke just thinking about it.

Who is most likely (if possible, which everything is possible) to still the Cowboys A.T. tittle. Philli or NE?????????????? You just answered your own question in your reply, if NE win (again) they are a step closer, ahh I give up.

LA=Pancakemaker

Benched
Reaction score
It seems old Bill can pick Talent, as he has picked Newman, Tucker, Witten and Jones, a pretty good foundation. Now we have 2 picks in the 1st.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
Got this from Brown Sugar:
"I heard that this morning, too!! That would be great if we overshadowed those Eagles and Patriots this week!!

Woody also said that he was rooting for the Eagles cause he didn't want the Pats to match our Superbowl wins of the '90s. He definitely bleeds the blue & silver..."

Now, how is it that my boy Woody feel this way but you people want NE to win:angryno: . NE is the bad team as a tru Dallas Cowboy, we know cheering for Philli is a nasty thing but it beats NE calling them selves the best ever. You people are cheering for another reason, gotta be!

Whats next, are you going to say Woody is wrong??? Whos really the Cowboy around here?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
Who is most likely (if possible, which everything is possible) to still the Cowboys A.T. tittle. Philli or NE?????????????? You just answered your own question in your reply, if NE win (again) they are a step closer, ahh I give up.

Steal the title? Anyone can claim to be Americas Team but that does not make it so. Cowboys still bring in the viewers by those who love the team or hate the team. We did not get the label because we were winning the SB we beat Miami in 1 SB and was tagged America Team

jimmy40

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
I don't care about that stupid crap. I just don't want any extra Philly fans running around.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Steal the title? Anyone can claim to be Americas Team but that does not make it so. Cowboys still bring in the viewers by those who love the team or hate the team. We did not get the label because we were winning the SB we beat Miami in 1 SB and was tagged America Team

I understand, but that was then and this is now. Why do so many people hate us now? Its because we win win win like the United States of America do, not because somebody gave us that name (are you saying somebody threw us a bone?).

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I don't care about that stupid crap. I just don't want any extra Philly fans running around.

Wow, wait a minute... You don't mind NE gaining on our win Status but you do mind a couple of :iggles: running around? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Get out of here!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
I understand, but that was then and this is now. Why do so many people hate us now? Its because we win win win like the United States of America do, not because somebody gave us that name (are you saying somebody threw us a bone?).

People hate the Cowboys because of our franchise History. Sorry but NFL Films gave the title of Americas Team to the Cowboys, yes we were winning but constantly were coming up short in the big games losing championship games to GB and Cle then the Colts and finally beat Miami. Get right down to it Staubach being former Navy had much to do with NFL film coming up with the ideal of Americas Team. Landry hated it

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
People hate the Cowboys because of our franchise History. Sorry but NFL Films gave the title of Americas Team to the Cowboys, yes we were winning but constantly were coming up short in the big games losing championship games to GB and Cle then the Colts and finally beat Miami. Get right down to it Staubach being former Navy had much to do with NFL film coming up with the ideal of Americas Team. Landry hated it

Right I understand and agree with the history, but what I am saying is...Wait... Did you hear what Woody said?

Got this from Brown Sugar:
"I heard that this morning, too!! That would be great if we overshadowed those Eagles and Patriots this week!!

Woody also said that he was rooting for the Eagles cause he didn't want the Pats to match our Superbowl wins of the '90s. He definitely bleeds the blue & silver..."

How can he be wrong, HE IS THE REAL DALLAS COWBOY right,

Doomsday101

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
Right I understand and agree with the history, but what I am saying is...Wait... Did you hear what Woody said (go back a couple replies and find out). How can he be wrong, HE IS THE REAL DALLAS COWBOY right,

Because it is not a lable we made for ourselfs. Believe me when you say Americas Team what do you think most people think of right off the bat? Dallas Cowboys and that is not going to change regardless of what the Pats do. You seem to be of the mindset that if you win X amont of game you become Americas team, it does not work like that. hell Pitt won 4 SB in the 70's and were not called Americas team

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Because it is not a lable we made for ourselfs. Believe me when you say Americas Team what do you think most people think of right off the bat? Dallas Cowboys and that is not going to change regardless of what the Pats do.

OK I understand (said that last time), but now I'm saying what D.Woodson is saying,

Now comment on that. You made the A.T. point but really this whole thread is about NE gaining on us.

jimmy40

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
Wow, wait a minute... You don't mind NE gaining on our win Status but you do mind a couple of :iggles: running around? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Get out of here!
I was talking about the Americas Team name but yea I would rather NE match us than Philly win. No doubt about that.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I was talking about the Americas Team name but yea I would rather NE match us than Philly win. No doubt about that.

What are you, 60% Cowboy or something.

jimmy40

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
NE is the bad team as a tru Dallas Cowboy, we know cheering for Philli is a nasty thing but it beats NE calling them selves the best ever. You people are cheering for another reason, gotta be!
Care to say what that reason might be?