If N.E. win, they will be the new "America's Team"

TLW47

Reaction score
Last time I saw the Texans play on TV they were getting thrashed by a Browns team that I think didn't win any away games until that particular game in Houston. Somehow I doubt though they brag much about because that team was still sorry. And yet they beat the Texans.

The Texans talk real big about a game they won 3 years ago or whatever it was against an absolute joke of a Cowboys team. Actually that really is a bit pitiful to me.

Kind of like a Cowboys fan bragging that during our 1-15 year we beat the Commanders and damn didn't the Cowboys rock during that game! :skins:

Get my drift? :rolleyes:

TexasCowboy

Reaction score
Overalls said:
Texan wins over Cowboys-1
Cowboy wins over Texans-0

Thus beat us before you rattle off garbage.

Why should they have to beat you when you have never done anything
of importance? so before you rattle off your blind homer bull**** try
showing us something that makes you important your little fraud win
just shows that Useless is a joke nothing more

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Overalls said:
Texan wins over Cowboys-1
Cowboy wins over Texans-0

Thus beat us before you rattle off garbage.

I have been living in Houston for over 30 years now. Please tell me what accomplishment Houston has had in football? Yeah that is right nothing and the jealousy that many of you Houston fans have regarding the Cowboys is down right pathetic. You could only dream that a Houston football team could come close to what the Cowboys have achieved. The Dallas Cowboys never labeled themselves as Americas Team others did and it has stuck for all these years. When you say Americas team people know who your talking about and it damn sure not the Texans.

TLW47

Reaction score
Now Doomsday I bet the Texans have alot of fans in Katy and Tomball. :D

Houston has had good teams with the Oilers but the Steelers were just better. I think Carr has some talent but he's never going to be much until they start protecting him.

And their fans will one day be known as the Eagles of the South if they keep pouring beer on Carr's wife and kids.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TLW47 said:
Now Doomsday I bet the Texans have alot of fans in Katy and Tomball. :D

Houston has had good teams with the Oilers but the Steelers were just better. I think Carr has some talent but he's never going to be much until they start protecting him.

And their fans will one day be known as the Eagles of the South if they keep pouring beer on Carr's wife and kids.

They tormented Moon so bad he had to go home and beat his wife. Actually my hatred for the Texans has not happen as of yet like it was with the Oilers but then again it has never been about the local team just the local fans who continue to cry out "If you like the Cowboys so much move to Dallas” I guess I should not be so hard on them after all their team has always been in the shadows that has been cast by the Cowboys.

TLW47

Reaction score
I've always felt for a big prosperous city that Houston has a bit of an inferiority complex. Constantly comparing themselves to others in everything...while that would never happen in oh say, New York or Chicago.

This city is fine and they should let it be.

As for the Texans I'm ambivalent. If they win or lose I don't care. They're just another team if you know what I mean.

Oh a funny note though I did have somebody tell me once that Houston was prettier than Honolulu. I told them they need to travel more and get out of Texas.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TLW47 said:
I've always felt for a big prosperous city that Houston has a bit of an inferiority complex. Constantly comparing themselves to others in everything...while that would never happen in oh say, New York or Chicago.

This city is fine and they should let it be.

As for the Texans I'm ambivalent. If they win or lose I don't care. They're just another team if you know what I mean.

Oh a funny note though I did have somebody tell me once that Houston was prettier than Honolulu. I told them they need to travel more and get out of Texas.

I think there is something to the inferiority complex why I don't understand, I don't want Houston to be like a NY or Chicago. Like yourself I don't pay much attention to the Texans and really do not care if they win or lose and really don't spend much time watching them especially now that I have the Sunday Ticket. As for living in Houston I think it is a fine city to live in but I'm hopeing to move from here once I am able to retire. I'll always live in Texas but I can't see myself living in a busy city once I retire.

TLW47

Reaction score
Doomsday...places to consider for retirement.

The Brenham area is a nice cozy country atmosphere.

Up around Austin...gosh it's pretty there.

And I've always liked San Antonio but it is a "big" city.

As for Houston, it's too big, too spread out and too many people. And they are always working on the highways there.

I wish I had the Sunday Ticket sometimes when I am having to listen to the Cowboys on the radio! :jints:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TLW47 said:
Doomsday...places to consider for retirement.

The Brenham area is a nice cozy country atmosphere.

Up around Austin...gosh it's pretty there.

And I've always liked San Antonio but it is a "big" city.

As for Houston, it's too big, too spread out and too many people. And they are always working on the highways there.

I wish I had the Sunday Ticket sometimes when I am having to listen to the Cowboys on the radio! :jints:

I enjoy going up to the hill country and love Austin or should I say the surrounding area of Austin and hope to move out that way once I can retire. Until then Houston is a great place to earn a living, but it will be nice to leave this rat race one day.