If N.E. win, they will be the new "America's Team"

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Care to say what that reason might be?
Because D.Woodson said the exact same thing, he is not going for NE. Now what are you saing, he is wrong too?

And I don't know *** the reason is but it ain't the one you are claiming so :crossed:

jimmy40

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
What are you, 60% Cowboy or something.
Well that was pretty ********. I saw Dallas geat beat by Philly in an NFC Championship game. I will NEVER root for them to win a Super Bowl.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
OK I understand (said that last time), but now I'm saying what D.Woodson is saying,

Woody also said that he was rooting for the Eagles cause he didn't want the Pats to match our Superbowl wins of the '90s. He definitely bleeds the blue & silver..."

Now comment on that. You made the A.T. point but really this whole thread is about NE gaining on us.

Yes Woodson played for the Cowboys but again Steelers won 4 in the 70's and the 9ers of the 80's won 4 but neither were called Americas Team again the reason was with Roger being a former Naval Officer coming to Dallas and helping lead the team to the Super Bowl is was what gave NFL Films this ideal to come up with the name and it stuck. What any other team does will not change the fact of this title given to the Cowboys. I have nothing aginst the Pats I think they are a great team and deserve all the spot light they are getting but that is not going to change anything.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Well that was pretty ********. I saw Dallas geat beat by Philly in an NFC Championship game. I will NEVER root for them to win a Super Bowl.

How dumb, and NE beat us last year on ESPN Bill VS Bill (ohh wait, you were going for NE right, ).

LA=Pancakemaker

Benched
Reaction score
Wow, wait a minute... You don't mind NE gaining on our win Status but you do mind a couple of :iggles: running around? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Get out of here!

The Pats have been the team of the 2000's so far as we were in the 90's, 49's in the 80's Steelers in the 70's The Pats have joined the club. As for the NFC East there will always be an asterick by the Eagles - the only team never to win a Superbowl.! Come on S.B. Bound - -hate the Eagles!

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Yes Woodson played for the Cowboys but again Steelers won 4 in the 70's and the 9ers of the 80's won 4 but neither were called Americas Team again the reason was with Roger being a former Naval Officer coming to Dallas and helping lead the team to the Super Bowl is was what gave NFL Films this ideal to come up with the name and it stuck. What any other team does will not change the fact of this title given to the Cowboys. I have nothing aginst the Pats I think they are a great team and deserve all the spot light they are getting but that is not going to change anything.

Doomsday, I like you cuz you always got knowledge but man if you don't get off this America's Team subject, I told you 2 post ago you made your point clear and my point really shoud have been "Don't root for NE because they are gaining status on us". Now, comment on that and what D.Woodson said, you keep avoiding that.

Duane

Reaction score
I'll let you boys smack each other around here.

S.B. Bound

Reaction score
LA=Pancakemaker said:
The Pats have been the team of the 2000's so far as we were in the 90's, 49's in the 80's Steelers in the 70's The Pats have joined the club. As for the NFC East there will always be an asterick by the Eagles - the only team never to win a Superbowl.! Come on S.B. Bound - -hate the Eagles!

I do hate the Eagles but I'm not crazy either, how is it D.Woodson is saying or feeling the exact same way I'm feeling but you say love the Patroits, NO NO NO. One SB is not worthy of 3 out of 4 buddy and i'm sorry...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
S.B. Bound said:
Doomsday, I like you cuz you always got knowledge but man if you don't get off this America's Team subject, I told you 2 post ago you made your point clear and my point really shoud have been "Don't root for NE because they are gaining status on us". Now, comment on that and what D.Woodson said, you keep avoiding that.

Then don't root for NE, I will because I can't stand the eagles. But don't pull this BS about Americas Team because it has nothing to do with winning SB, others have won more than us in a 10 year span but none not 1 is called Americas Team and why is that? I'm not avoiding anything but your notion that some how we will no longer be called Americas Teams is just ridicules.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I can understand why Woodson feels that way, myself I can't stand anything about the Eagles and hope they get the snot kicked out of them this weekend.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Then don't root for NE, I will because I can't stand the eagles. But don't pull this BS about Americas Team because it has nothing to do with winning SB, others have won more than us in a 10 year span but none not 1 is called Americas Team and why is that? I'm not avoiding anything but your notion that some how we will no longer be called Americas Teams is just ridicules.

that's what i'm talking about!!!!

:worthy:

:clap:

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I hope they are America's team because I hate that label. It's a label we don't need. The Cowboys have always been the Cowboys. I think that label is a curse. Let the Patriots have it.

TexasCowboy

Reaction score
4. Dallas: In the city itself, these guys and girls are shameless front runners. There were non-sellouts during the Campo and Gailey regimes -- unacceptable, no matter how bad those guys were. But the Cowboy diehards around the country that have loved the team since Staubach and yet NEVER lived there, are smart and up to date on stuff. Even though some will act like rooting for the team since Aikman qualifies as a long time. I hate to admit it, but the Cowboys truly are "America's Team."

This shows that their are more Dallas fans out in the world then their are
any other fan of opposing teams. that's what Americas Team is all about
not winning it's about the fans the people who stayed on board and were
die hard to the bitter end

New England or any other team comes any were near close to touching us
so don't worry our name sake is safe forever

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I think this HELPS the Cowboys' image.

Every decade seems to have a dynasty, and with the Pats being this decades dynasty, it simply gets more people talking about the other dynasties and reminds people of how good the Cowboys of the 90s were.

And heck, if the 00s are going to have a dynasty, if it's not going to be the Cowboys it might as well be someone like the Pats. That's much easier to swallow than a team like Philly or even the Rams or Bucs.

TexasCowboy

Reaction score
What helps is the fact that Dallas still manages the largest fan base of all
the other fans around the league. they are still pretty high when it comes
to jersey sales it just shows you that the popularity of the Cowboys has
not deminished even when they are losing

Fans are still out there showing their hate or love which proves that we
are now and forever Americas Team

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys as Americas team. You have got to be kidding, right. They are not even the best team in Texas.

TLW47

Reaction score
The Cowboys have had a huge fan base for decades. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overalls said:
Cowboys as Americas team. You have got to be kidding, right. They are not even the best team in Texas.

Jealousy...must be a pain eh?

TexasCowboy

Reaction score
Overalls said:

Hey idiot your sayin that a broke down franchise like the Useless Texans
are the best team in Texas says who? Lets look at the records of both
franchises and see who the best team in Texas actually is

Lets start with wins

Dallas 380 wins

Houston 21 wins

Loses

Houston 49 loses

Dallas 259 loses

Playoff wins

Dallas 32 wins

Houston 0 wins

Playoff loses

Dallas 22 loses

Houston 0 loses

we can continue down the list and nothing you have done not now not ever could make you the best team in Texas, you are forever the sorriest sad sack
that ever played football in Texas enjoy living under our shadow for a very
long time numb nuts

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
Texan wins over Cowboys-1
Cowboy wins over Texans-0

Thus beat us before you rattle off garbage.