If only we had Bruce Arians

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, Arians is the best coach in the world who has the best Defense in the NFL, and a group of weapons to protect and make his handsome QB still look like he was 24 years ago as a rook in the NFL
But who put that team together ? Doesn’t he get some credit for bringing in some of the talent. Ultimately that’s a coaches best contribution.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Dudes a nobody coach. He's lucky he has Brady and his coordinator carried him at the end last year. Head coaches in the NFL are so overrated.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not using more clock on last drive.
Ultimately I’d agree. But we knew there’d be some time left. We had to move the ball in position to kick a FG. And we hadn’t had much success running the ball.

I’m not sure that’s as blatant as the FG attempt.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
What decisions specifically. We can always second guess but nothing last night was as blatant as we saw last year.

Turnovers were biggest factor.
The earlier FG I thought we should have gone for it. It was apparent to me early on that we werent gonna shut down the bucs, we needed to outscore the bucs. How many 4th downs did we go for?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dudes a nobody coach. He's lucky he has Brady and his coordinator carried him at the end last year. Head coaches in the NFL are so overrated.
ahhh..... young Jedi, that was the point to this entire thread.

Let me introduce myself..........lol

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ultimately I’d agree. But we knew there’d be some time left. We had to move the ball in position to kick a FG. And we hadn’t had much success running the ball.

I’m not sure that’s as blatant as the FG attempt.

It took Arians to use their last timeout because Dallas did nothing to put them in a sense of urgency.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Well , wouldn’t you say we have one of the Few?

I’m just saying we didn’t lose the game simply cause of Brady. There are other QB’s capable. Having the best doesn’t hurt . But leading your team on last second drives is part of the beast. Money isn’t the only one. Just the best. That’s all I’m saying.
thank you... you made the point Ive been saying forever. having a HOF QB doesnt guarantee you a ring, because you will likely see a HOF qb in the playoffs. It just gives you the best shot.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The earlier FG I thought we should have gone for it. It was apparent to me early on that we werent gonna shut down the bucs, we needed to outscore the bucs. How many 4th downs did we go for?
Perhaps so. But those aren’t blatant or glaring coaching miscues.

If our only scheme is to out score our opponents without making defense stops we aren’t going far. But it will be interesting and entertaining . Where have I heard that before ?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
true, not like he turned the steelers into an offensive juggernaut, or took the cardinals to the superbowl and won coach of the year or...
he took the Cardinals to a SB???? I must have missed that

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Perhaps so. But those aren’t blatant or glaring coaching miscues.

If our only scheme is to out score our opponents without making defense stops we aren’t going far. But it will be interesting and entertaining . Where have I heard that before ?
sometimes a team lights you up... that Brady guy is kind of good.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
thank you... you made the point Ive been saying forever. having a HOF QB doesnt guarantee you a ring, because you will likely see a HOF qb in the playoffs. It just gives you the best shot.
Id agree . Unfortunately everyone doesn’t have one. And there are others in the next group like Dak who can perform at a similar level in some circumstances but they need a stronger supporting cast. It is what it is. Makes life easier but isn’t the sole answer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
sometimes a team lights you up... that Brady guy is kind of good.
Of course. But unfortunately we have a history of teams lighting up our defense. Sometimes we make less than great or HOF qb look even better.

But if our road to victory is needing 40+ points a game with a hapless defense relying on turnovers to slow it down then it’s not going to be much different here than recent years.

jnday

Reaction score
Did you see the halftime adjustments Arians made to put all that pressure on Dak in the 2nd half? Boy, if we had a coach like him, we would have been able to get to Brady and thus we would have won the game.
I have always thought that Arians was a great coach. He is a better coach than any of the Dallas coaches since Jimmy. He is certainly better than MM.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Did you see the halftime adjustments Arians made to put all that pressure on Dak in the 2nd half? Boy, if we had a coach like him, we would have been able to get to Brady and thus we would have won the game.
I honestly took this seriously and was disappointed because you know your stuff and one of my favorites around here.

Today is a complete Twilight Zone in my world and it would have fit lol.

My take.....this team has a real chance, and thats all I ever ask for.

jnday

Reaction score
To be honest, if the Bucs had any other QB besides Brady, Mahomes, or Rodgers I think we win that game.
Brady was not playing at his best. He doesn’t usually turn the ball over like he did last night. If he was playing well the game would not have been as close as it was.