If QB are worth 40 mil

blueblood70

Reaction score
Your book seems arbitrary. If an employee is raking in big bucks for his/her employer, why should they be capped? Because you and I will never see that kind of money?

The owners/producers are making bank off the work of the performers. I can't see any reason other than jealousy to have a gripe with the performers' cut.
explain CEOs of fortune 500 companies most employees making under 100k some like Fast food giants pay Employees minimum wage? its their right given they created the product and make the budget.. ridiculous premise and narrative that because the owners make so much money they should pay the employees whatever they want. thats not how it works, they create positions , then look for employees and at the interview they INFORM that interviewer of salary.. they dont come back and say how come I cant make what the ceos cfos am d others make they take the job or leave it..

soon the NFL and owner will need to cap any one position at certain % to keep the ridiculous imbalance from a QB vs a elite skill players salary, they for sure should not be 2.5times more then an Aaron Donald.. sorry thats a broken system and players are starting to rumble...thers some QBs past say 5-6 ranking in the nfl that are making double what the big time elite defender or skill player is making.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The NFL is a profit sharing league
Thats how the cap keeps going up
true but the major gap from a QB to an elite skill players is far too big and its starting to cause some issues..Goff salary vs Donald GMAFB thats not supposed to be lie that Goffs losing games that Donald gets 4 sacks in..they notice and the more of those other elite stars start to either want more or for the gap to be less , change will come..

DFWJC

Reaction score
true but the major gap from a QB to an elite skill players is far too big and its starting to cause some issues..Goff salary vs Donald GMAFB thats not supposed to be lie that Goffs losing games that Donald gets 4 sacks in..they notice and the more of those other elite stars start to either want more or for the gap to be less , change will come..
I was just answering the claim about owners and profits.

In the past I've mentioned I wouldn't be opposed to max contract caps--like in the NBA--so that the total team cap money is spread out more among the players.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So where should the money go. The owner should get all the billions and the players should get nothing? Make it make sense....
The only thing that has to make sense is the salary cap,, if that doesn't, than everything else is a fail.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What do you mean?
Obeying the salary cap is the rule, for every team, not just the Dallas Cowboys.
Every team in this league has to function under the predetermined rules of the CBA and the salary cap.
If your FO hasn't figured out how to take advantage of the cap, how to manipulate and control the cap, than you are playing behind the rest of the league.
Im not sure why you asked this question honestly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Its an exaggeration if a simple point, drsft and develop. Especially now that we see young guys come in and play top level early on.

Hope it was a an exaggeration. You certainly can’t use one of your top three picks every year on a QB that would be insane.

dogberry

Reaction score
Does a player take a physical before the signing of the franchise contract becomes official?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only thing that has to make sense is the salary cap,, if that doesn't, than everything else is a fail.
What does what you say have to do with my post that was in response to

"In my book no entertainer should be paid even half f that money"????

ghst187

Reaction score
Thank you sir, interesting concept.

The only thing I would say is that 25% of a 53 man roster is a lot higher than 35% of a basketball roster, is it 12 players, which makes the football roster at least 4X that of a BB team. Very rough math would say 25% of 35%, or about 8.75% of the team cap space.

None the less, thanks for the information!

Well it puts a % cap of some sort.
Remember we had a problem with rookie salaries going ballistic....and they put in a scale which I think was good result, fewer holdouts, fewer negotiation problems, players made it to camp.
I think this would be a good move for QBs...and end a lot of drama and keep the salaries from getting to 40% of the cap...
Have to think Mahomes is getting ready to swing 40 mil per year which is just ridic....not that he’s not great, but in the big scheme of things it’s untenable for teams and is becoming chaotic.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
explain CEOs of fortune 500 companies most employees making under 100k some like Fast food giants pay Employees minimum wage? its their right given they created the product and make the budget.. ridiculous premise and narrative that because the owners make so much money they should pay the employees whatever they want. thats not how it works, they create positions , then look for employees and at the interview they INFORM that interviewer of salary.. they dont come back and say how come I cant make what the ceos cfos am d others make they take the job or leave it..

soon the NFL and owner will need to cap any one position at certain % to keep the ridiculous imbalance from a QB vs a elite skill players salary, they for sure should not be 2.5times more then an Aaron Donald.. sorry thats a broken system and players are starting to rumble...thers some QBs past say 5-6 ranking in the nfl that are making double what the big time elite defender or skill player is making.
The owners created the system, and they created the issue of sky rocketing salaries. They didn’t have to start paying $30 million/year and more. They could have said no. But they did because that’s what they felt it took to compete in the NFL.

As for the comments about workers being told what they will make, in many cases that is true, but there still isn’t a cap on salary, and those workers aren’t bound by a contract that prohibits them from seeking employment elsewhere.

And, even with average or low paying jobs, there are times employers have to raise pay level above what they would like in order to draw and keep employees from going elsewhere. I mentioned this in another post, but where I live fast food workers have at times made $20/hr because that’s the only way fast food joints could get someone to work the drive through window rather than take a higher paying job in the oilfield. So, competition actually does exist in the real world, and there is no salary cap for owners to rely on to limit pay.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If you want to cap them, stop supporting and watching. That is your option.
Thanks for giving me options. Billionaires have all the money but don't want to spend it. Back when Jerry ran the Super Bowl team, and before the salary cap, they were able to build a strong team. The cap should be more like the NBA cap. Just have a luxury tax system where they get penalized if they go over. Teams like the Cowboys won't mind paying the Luxury tax.

Imagine if your job had a Luxury tax, and you were capped out of what you could make? Seems unconstitutional to me.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Without these billionaires putting their money up there would be no NFL.

They have made many people millionaires who might not have had that chance if the evil rich guys didn't buy these teams. I don't get the dislike for people who have busted their butts to become rich, or someone before them in their family did it.
Then pay me what I want and don't bi*** about it. If I'm putting my life on the line for you, then pony up.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Thanks for giving me options. Billionaires have all the money but don't want to spend it. Back when Jerry ran the Super Bowl team, and before the salary cap, they were able to build a strong team. The cap should be more like the NBA cap. Just have a luxury tax system where they get penalized if they go over. Teams like the Cowboys won't mind paying the Luxury tax.

Imagine if your job had a Luxury tax, and you were capped out of what you could make? Seems unconstitutional to me.
Great point, let the owners pay and the players get paid.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
So where should the money go. The owner should get all the billions and the players should get nothing? Make it make sense....
It won't be free ride for them at all i am fine with them having a profit but within a reason and limit...any form of extreme is dangerous

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then there should probably be a NFLQB salary Cap for same reason they established the original Caps.

If you must have an elite QB to compete at 40 mil per year how does that make the NFL more competitive?
Capping QBs would make the league less competitive, not more. The teams with elite QBs wouldn’t have to make hard choices: they’d pay their QB less than he’s worth and have just as much cap space as other teams to fill other positions. Capping QB salaries wouldn’t magically make the performance difference smaller.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Then pay me what I want and don't bi*** about it. If I'm putting my life on the line for you, then pony up.
No one is forcing you to play football, you can go get a job elsewhere. If it's so dangerous that you are putting your life on the line, then maybe a safer career choice is the better option. .